saving Iraq from tyranny

I have two sons who served multiple tours in Iraq. My oldest son served with the 278th RCT, at FOB Cobra, and Anaconda. He also served in CRAM defenses in Baghdad, attached to the 82nd ABN. His younger brother served with the 101st ABN, in Mosul. I'm proud of my sons, and of their service to this country. It is an act of betrayal, and contempt for a country to send its young men and woman into harms way to fight a war that it doesn't have the will to win.

Thats why I thank our military for taking the war to them, not waiting on it to come to us.
The greatest threat to America was an invasion by the Taliban Navy and Air Force. :cuckoo:

Just to avert any confusion, the section you quoted was not said by me - despite the quote tag.
Sorry about that.

The resident retard bucs90 was the one who originally made the idiotic statement. :cool:

I have two sons who served multiple tours in Iraq. My oldest son served with the 278th RCT, at FOB Cobra, and Anaconda. He also served in CRAM defenses in Baghdad, attached to the 82nd ABN. His younger brother served with the 101st ABN, in Mosul. I'm proud of my sons, and of their service to this country. It is an act of betrayal, and contempt for a country to send its young men and woman into harms way to fight a war that it doesn't have the will to win.

We haven't been in a war to defend out nation since WWII :cool:

If purple frogs started blowing themselves up in shopping malls and flying planes into buildings...........then I'd be a Purplefrogophobe.

But purple frogs aren't the ones doing it.

And I understand the reality of responding to an attack with war will mean innocent people will die. Thats why ever nation that harbors terrorists should do it's best to root them out and get rid of them with their own government, because if not, we will eventually. And as far as a government that is more into Islam here, you're right, I don't like the Obama admin and want him voted out.

But I still don't see purple frogs blowing up markets and malls and buses. I don't see Buddhists doing it. Or monks. Or those Jamaican "Rastafarians" (Spell check that).

But when I hear of an attack or plot to blow up targets with the intent to kill as many innocent people as possible, it's 99.9% chance a Muslim or practicer of Islam is the suspect.

To not fear them with that reality is just insane.

Blowing themselves up in shopping malls and flying planes into buildings, again, doesn't do as much as our jets do. So nothing you said there even argues against what I said.

Good deflection tactic on the Obama line, deflection is typically used when someone doesn't want to admit an ugly truth posed to them. The truth is you're happy your money was used to increase the importance of Islam in the Iraqi government. (oh and btw, I didn't vote for Obama and have never voted for a democrat in my life)

Is there a better chance I'll be killed by a terrorist or an innocent civilian in the middle east killed by the US army? Why should I be hiding under my bed from terrorists? I'll leave that to you.

Here we go with equating not supporting the Iraq War with the French laying down when invaded, another point of view many educated military scholars will tell you all the time...................................................

I wish the Republicans would've attacked Afghanistan much stronger than they did, crush it to the core, then leave the country and let the people worry about forming their own government rather than making it the responsiblity of me and the other american taxpayers. That's how the brain of a fiscal conservative works, far different from the brain of a neoconservative.

- Their bombs don't do as much as our jets. Of course not. So are we the big bad meanies for having better weapons? Maybe they stop blowing up US and Israeli targets, and they won't see our jets, right?

- So you say if the threat isn't on Main Street, USA, that we should just ignore it?

- You have far less chance of dying from a bomb than an Iraqi. Thats why I thank our military for taking the war to them, not waiting on it to come to us. Becuase we could withdraw today, end the war, and I can guarantee you this: They won't stop their war on us.

The overwhelming majority of suicide bombs are done to their fellow people, yet me and my fellow american taxpayers have to foot the bill to pay trillions in order to enforce UN sanctions. That might sound like fun to you, but not to me in a bankrupt country where I value the lives of american soldiers.

I'll start taking the terror threat seriously when our government (either party) starts taking border and port security seriously. How hard would it be for a suicide bomber to sneak across the border or for a big terror organization to throw a huge bomb in a cargo unit on ship coming in to our ports? Both would be very easy and the army would be helpless to stop either, yet it doesn't happen.......................

I'm much more afraid of the christians we vote into office destroying this country than 3rd world muslims 10,000 miles away with bottles and gasoline. (disclaimer I don't fear our bureacrats bc they're christian, I'm just stating their religion because it's as meaningless as the religion of terrorists).

Thats why I thank our military for taking the war to them, not waiting on it to come to us.
The greatest threat to America was an invasion by the Taliban Navy and Air Force. :cuckoo:

Lol well said.

The leader of the Taliban didn't even know about the planning of 9/11 or who executed it.
The average American is so geopolitically illiterate that's almost laughable if it wasn't so pathetic.

Every time I hear one of them say "we got to go over there before they come over here", I just want slap them silly. :evil:

Last edited:

Lol well said.

The leader of the Taliban didn't even know about the planning of 9/11 or who executed it.
The average American is so geopolitically illiterate that's almost laughable if it wasn't so pathetic.

Every time I hear one of them say "we got to go over there before they come over here", I just want slap them silly. :evil:

Being illiterate or ignorant on a subject isn't so bad, it's the claiming of knowing everything about it that's the problem.

I'm ignorant on engineering and heart surgery, I'm not gonna claim I know how to hack up your ticker and get it working right though.

Iraq's former dictator would've tortured and killed those looters, then raped their wives and children.

America's troops caught them and destroyed their means of continued criminal activity.

Hey, it ain't pretty. But it's better.

Nuh-uhh. Saddam would've had the Children slow roasted over some Mesquite bark and eaten them in front of the mothers while he was raping them. That sick fucking bastard. I'm glad they hung his ass.....

So which provision in the US Constitution does policing foriegn lands(and capturing dangerous wood theives) with US Soldiers fall under anyway?

Oh, and yeah, I'm an islamophobe. A proud one. Anyone with a brain these days should be. When you see 99% of suicide bombings are performed by one group, being unafraid of that group would be a sign of brain damage.

How many Japanese suicide bombers were Muslim?

Isn't it more an act of desperation. They feel the odds are stack against them that human guided bombs are they only effective weapon against their enemies.

Oh, and yeah, I'm an islamophobe. A proud one. Anyone with a brain these days should be. When you see 99% of suicide bombings are performed by one group, being unafraid of that group would be a sign of brain damage.

"Anyone with a brain should be a racist bigot."

Alright you win, I hear educated scholars saying that same thing all the time............

I've never understood why there's such a moral difference between killing civilians with a suicide bomb or killing them with a bomb that falls on their head. However I do understand the difference in quantity, no suicide bomber or army of suicide bombers could do what our collection of jets does.

Odd that a proud islamophobe would be proud of a venture that killed thousands of his own people, cost the US taxpayer trillions of dollars, further bankrupted our country, and put into place a government even bigger into Islam than the last one.

In other words, you're happy money from your paycheck went to killing americans and spreading Islam. Very odd.

If purple frogs started blowing themselves up in shopping malls and flying planes into buildings...........then I'd be a Purplefrogophobe.

But purple frogs aren't the ones doing it.

And I understand the reality of responding to an attack with war will mean innocent people will die. Thats why ever nation that harbors terrorists should do it's best to root them out and get rid of them with their own government, because if not, we will eventually. And as far as a government that is more into Islam here, you're right, I don't like the Obama admin and want him voted out.

But I still don't see purple frogs blowing up markets and malls and buses. I don't see Buddhists doing it. Or monks. Or those Jamaican "Rastafarians" (Spell check that).

But when I hear of an attack or plot to blow up targets with the intent to kill as many innocent people as possible, it's 99.9% chance a Muslim or practicer of Islam is the suspect.

To not fear them with that reality is just insane.

If Iraqis blew themselves up in a shopping mall to kill Americans. Or if Iraqis flew jetliners into our buildings on 9-11 then I wouldn't have a problem with going to war with them. Even if there was some cooperation between Saddams government and those who did attack us I wouldn't have had a problem. But they didn't and they weren't.

Forum List

Back