saved by the hand of jesus....literally

blu

Sep 21, 2009
CMrSV.jpg

and he sat at the right hand of God!

Who told the fishermen to turn around?...
:eusa_pray:
Fishermen, acting on gut, find crash site, 2 girls
22 Feb.`13 — As their mother lay dead in the middle of the night, a 4-year-old Oregon girl dragged her seriously injured younger sister from a crashed car and the two huddled under a blanket — and waited.
With the mangled car stuck deep in the woods, and no skid marks on the highway, the crash site was nearly impossible to detect. In fact, authorities estimate the sisters were alone in the frigid woods for several hours early Wednesday as many motorists passed it by. The children finally got help after two commercial fishermen spotted what appeared from a distance to be a basketball-sized gash in an alder tree along State Highway 401 between Astoria, Ore., and Naselle, Wash. Kraai McClure and Scott Beutler travel the two-lane road frequently, and had a gut feeling something was wrong. The men slowed down, discussed the situation and decided to turn around and go take a look. McClure said he called 911 to see if there had been any reports of a wreck during the night. There weren't.

Beutler, who was a first responder when he lived in Mississippi, went into the brush and signaled McClure to alert authorities. "I don't know exactly what told us to turn around, but I'm just really thankful we did," McClure said Thursday. The men spotted the wrecked car a few hundred feet from the road. Nearby were the two young girls, scared and confused. "They could say their names but were totally in shock," McClure said. The Washington State Patrol said the girls' mother, 26-year-old Jessica Rath of Astoria, probably was asleep when she veered off the road and struck the tree shortly after midnight. She died at the scene. McClure and Beutler discovered the crash site around 8:30 a.m.

0d254f644b072b062a0f6a7067007a16.jpg

This photo provided by the Washington State Patrol shows the scene of a crash near Naselle, Wash., on Wednesday, Feb. 20, 2013. Authorities say passing motorists stopped to investigate a damaged tree and found two young girls injured in an accident that killed their mother. The Washington State Patrol estimates the car driven by 26-year-old Jessica Marie Rath of Astoria, Ore., hit the tree sometime early Wednesday morning.

The 2-year-old, who had serious leg injuries, was flown to a Portland hospital. The 4-year-old was treated at an Astoria hospital and released. An Oregon Health & Science University spokeswoman confirmed that the younger sister, Lylah Huff, was at Doernbecher Children's Hospital. The girls' father, Keaton Huff, declined interview requests Thursday and asked the hospital not to release his daughter's condition. Trooper Russ Winger said investigators believe the 4-year-old, Aryanna Huff, pulled her sister from the vehicle and helped her to a spot about 20 feet away, where the fishermen found them. Winger said keeping warm with the blanket was vital with temperatures in the low 40s. "Hypothermia sets in very quickly with something like that," Winger said. "They could have very well not been found and died of exposure."

Winger described the fishermen as heroes for acting on their hunch. McClure, however, gave the credit to Aryanna for helping Lylah out of the car and keeping her warm. "She saved her sister," McClure said. "She was sharp enough. I don't know how she did it or anything else, but something was watching over those little girls." "It was amazing that the little 4-year-old — I have a little 4-year-old, too, she's almost 5 — was able to get her little sister out and do that," he added. "It just blows my mind that she could do that in that situation. I don't know if she waited until morning, when they could see, but, you know, it just makes me want to cry." Winger said investigators have yet to determine how fast Rath was driving, or whether there were any other factors in the crash. The crime blotter in the Jan. 26 edition of The Longview Daily News indicates Rath was sentenced to 10 days in jail for heroin possession and third-degree theft.

Fishermen, acting on gut, find crash site, 2 girls - Yahoo! News

Granny says he was a miracle priest...
:eusa_angel:
Was 'Mystery Priest' a Miracle?
August 8, 2013 - “What are miracles to you?”
Illinois tri-state area television station KHQA has posted that poll question following a story on a trapped crash victim who asked for prayer and received a “mystery priest.” 19-year-old Katie Lenz was reportedly trapped in her car following a head-on accident in Missouri on Sunday. According to KHQA, New London Fire Chief Raymond Reed says emergency crews tried for nearly an hour to remove her without success.

From KHQA:

“Reed says Lentz was pinned in between the steering wheel and the seat. After 45 minutes passed, medical workers told rescue crews that Katie was failing and fast. That's when Reed decided to move the car, which was standing on its side, back on all four wheels. About an hour into the rescue, Katie asked rescue workers to pray out loud with her. That's when a priest appeared out of nowhere.

"He came up and approached the patient, and offered a prayer," Reed said. "It was a Catholic priest who had anointing oil with him. A sense of calmness came over her, and it did us as well. I can't be for certain how it was said, but myself and another firefighter, we very plainly heard that we should remain calm, that our tools would now work and that we would get her out of that vehicle."

Fresh equipment and a successful extraction followed shortly after. When emergency workers turned to thank the priest, he was gone. The KHQA report continues, "We would like to find this gentleman and be able to thank him," Reed said. "As a first responder, you don't know what you're going to run into. We have a lot of tools, and we have intensive training. In this particular case, it is my feeling that it was nothing more than sheer faith and nothing short of a miracle."

What do you think?

- See more at: Was 'Mystery Priest' a Miracle? | CNS News

Granny says he was a miracle priest...
Was 'Mystery Priest' a Miracle?
August 8, 2013 - “What are miracles to you?”
Illinois tri-state area television station KHQA has posted that poll question following a story on a trapped crash victim who asked for prayer and received a “mystery priest.” 19-year-old Katie Lenz was reportedly trapped in her car following a head-on accident in Missouri on Sunday. According to KHQA, New London Fire Chief Raymond Reed says emergency crews tried for nearly an hour to remove her without success.

From KHQA:

“Reed says Lentz was pinned in between the steering wheel and the seat. After 45 minutes passed, medical workers told rescue crews that Katie was failing and fast. That's when Reed decided to move the car, which was standing on its side, back on all four wheels. About an hour into the rescue, Katie asked rescue workers to pray out loud with her. That's when a priest appeared out of nowhere.

"He came up and approached the patient, and offered a prayer," Reed said. "It was a Catholic priest who had anointing oil with him. A sense of calmness came over her, and it did us as well. I can't be for certain how it was said, but myself and another firefighter, we very plainly heard that we should remain calm, that our tools would now work and that we would get her out of that vehicle."

Fresh equipment and a successful extraction followed shortly after. When emergency workers turned to thank the priest, he was gone. The KHQA report continues, "We would like to find this gentleman and be able to thank him," Reed said. "As a first responder, you don't know what you're going to run into. We have a lot of tools, and we have intensive training. In this particular case, it is my feeling that it was nothing more than sheer faith and nothing short of a miracle."

What do you think?

- See more at: Was 'Mystery Priest' a Miracle? | CNS News

I was there when the priest was there. I took 13 pictures, but the priest did not show up in any of them. First responders took over 80 other pictures & the priest does not appear in any of those either. This road runs through my families farm & we road the ranger out across the field to see the action. The priest came from between the fire trucks on the end of the road that was blocked over 2 miles away. The other end was blocked 1/2 mile back. The only way we got there was driving our 4 Wheel Drive Polaris Ranger through our field along the side of the road past the yelling police & fire people yelling at us. Crash happened here

Last edited:
Power Of Prayer Saves Family Lost At Sea...
Religious family abandons U.S., gets lost at sea and is flying home Sunday
Saturday, August 10th, 2013 — A northern Arizona family that was lost at sea for weeks in an ill-fated attempt to leave the U.S. over what they consider government interference in religion will fly back home Sunday.
Hannah Gastonguay, 26, said Saturday that she and her husband “decided to take a leap of faith and see where God led us” when they took their two small children and her father-in-law and set sail from San Diego for the tiny island nation of Kiribati in May. But just weeks into their journey the Gastonguays hit a series of storms that damaged their small boat, leaving them adrift for weeks, unable to make progress. They were eventually picked up by a Venezuelan fishing vessel, transferred to a Japanese cargo ship and taken to Chile where they are resting in a hotel in the port city of San Antonio. Their flights home were arranged by U.S. Embassy officials, Gastonguay said. The U.S. State Department was not immediately available for comment.

The months-long journey has been “pretty exciting” and “little scary at certain points,” Gastonguay told The Associated Press by telephone. She said they wanted to go to Kiribati because “we didn’t want to go anywhere big.” She said they understood the island to be “one of the least developed countries in the world.” Kiribati is a group of islands just off the equator and the international date line about halfway between Hawaii and Australia. The total population is just over 100,000 people of primarily Micronesian descent. Hannah Gastonguay said her family was fed up with government control in the U.S. As Christians they don’t believe in “abortion, homosexuality, in the state-controlled church,” she said.

Chile_Lost_At_Sea_t618.jpg

Hannah Gastonguay, holding her baby Rahab, is followed by her husband Sean and the couple's 3-year-old daughter Ardith, as they disembark in the port city of San Antonio, Chile, Friday, Aug. 9, 2013.

U.S. “churches aren’t their own,” Gastonguay said, suggesting that government regulation interfered with religious independence. “Jesus isn’t the head of the church. God isn’t the head of the church,” she said. Among other differences, she said they had a problem with being “forced to pay these taxes that pay for abortions we don’t agree with.” The family moved in November from Ash Fork, Ariz., to San Diego, where they lived on their boat as they prepared to set sail. She said she gave birth to the couple’s 8-month-old girl on the boat, which was docked in a slip at the time. In May, Hannah, her 30-year-old husband Sean, his father Mike, and the couple’s daughters, 3-year-old Ardith and baby Rahab set off. They wouldn’t touch land again for 91 days, she said.

She said at first, “We were cruising.” But within a couple of weeks “when we came out there, storm, storm, storm.” The boat had taken a beating, and they decided to set course for the Marquesas Islands. Instead they found themselves in a “twilight zone,” taking more and more damage, leaving them unable to make progress. They could have used a sail called a genoa, she said, but they risked snapping off the mast and losing their radio and ability to communicate. They had been on the ocean for about two months and were low on supplies. They were out of food and were down to “some juice and some honey.” She said they were able to catch fish, but they didn’t see any boats.

More Religious family abandons U.S., gets lost at sea and is flying home Sunday | timesfreepress.com

Granny says, "Dat's right - just like it says in Matt.24.30...
:cool:
'Hand of God' seen in NASA space telescope image
January 10, 2014 ~ Hand of God: NASA's Nuclear Spectroscopic Telescope Array has spotted a pulsar wind nebula that resembles a gigantic ethereal right hand.
Religion and astronomy may not overlap often, but a new NASA X-ray image captures a celestial object that resembles the "Hand of God." The cosmic "hand of God" photo was produced when a star exploded and ejected an enormous cloud of material, which NASA's Nuclear Spectroscopic Telescope Array, or NuSTAR, glimpsed in high-energy X-rays, shown in blue in the photo. NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory had imaged the green and red parts previously, using lower-energy X-rays. "NuSTAR's unique viewpoint, in seeing the highest-energy X-rays, is showing us well-studied objects and regions in a whole new light," NuSTAR telescope principal investigator Fiona Harrison, of the California Institute of Technology in Pasadena, said in a statement.

The new image depicts a pulsar wind nebula, produced by the dense remnant of a star that exploded in a supernova. What's left behind is a pulsar, called PSR B1509-58 (B1509 for short), which spins around 7 times per second blowing a wind of particles into material ejected during the star's death throes. As these particles interact with nearby magnetic fields, they produce an X-ray glow in the shape of a hand. (The pulsar is located near the bright white spot in the image but cannot be seen itself, NASA officials said.)

0110-hand-of-god_full_600.jpg

The hand might look like an X-ray from the doctor's office, but it is actually a cloud of material ejected from a star that exploded. NASA's NuSTAR spacecraft has imaged the structure in high-energy X-rays for the first time, shown in blue. Lower-energy X-ray light previously detected by NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory is shown in green and red.

Scientists aren't sure whether the ejected material actually assumes the shape of a hand, or whether its interaction with the pulsar's particles is just making it appear that way. "We don't know if the hand shape is an optical illusion," Hongjun An, of McGill University in Montreal, said in a statement. "With NuSTAR, the hand looks more like a fist, which is giving us some clues." The red cloud appearing at the fingertips is a separate structure called RCW 89. The pulsar's wind may be heating the cloud to produce the low-energy X-ray glow, astronomers believe.

The X-ray energies seen by NuSTAR range from 7 to 25 kiloelectron volts, or keV, whereas the energies seen by Chandra range from 0.5 to 2 keV. The Hand of God is an example of pareidolia, the psychological phenomenon of perceiving familiar shapes in random or vague images. Other common forms of pareidolia include seeing animals or faces in clouds, or the man in the moon. Despite its supernatural appearance, the Hand of God was produced by natural astrophysical phenomena.

'Hand of God' seen in NASA space telescope image - CSMonitor.com

See also:

The God Who Rescues
January 10, 2014 | In ancient Israel, the priests were continually offering sacrifices to atone for the people's sins. Specifically, the high priest annually entered the most sacred room in the temple to prepare a sacrifice that would absolve the entire nation of sin for that year. This room, which is known as the Holy of Holies, was where God's Spirit dwelled in those days.
Jesus' death on the cross and His resurrection changed the process. He became the High Priest, and the sacrifice was His own life-an offering powerful enough to pay the sin debt of all mankind. Through Jesus' one offering, He made holy any person who trusts in Him as Savior. He does not have to die every year. And unlike the Jewish priests who could enter God's presence only once annually, Jesus sat down at the Father's right hand, to remain in His holy presence forever. There, Christ continues His work as High Priest by interceding on behalf of believers when Satan accuses them.

God recognized that in our humanity, we would remain weak-even after being born again (John 3:3; 2 Cor. 12:9). So His rescue plan extends beyond pardoning our sins. He also sends His Holy Spirit to indwell every Christian. That means the Helper is always present to guide us in making wise, righteous decisions.

The Father's redemption plan meets all of mankind's needs. Jesus Christ offered a perfect sacrifice to cover our every sin, and now He continues to intercede on our behalf. At the same time, the indwelling Holy Spirit molds us into holy creatures while helping us to avoid temptation.

Hebrews 10:1-14

The God Who Rescues

I want to sky dive. I really do. And the cost is nominal considering I'm not going to need my money. But the countdown has not reached a place where I am willing to risk it. Not just yet. Maybe in a few months.

Granny says, "Dat's right - Jesus comin' soon - just like it says inna Bible...
:clap2:
Ghostly Figure In Photo A Sign From God? Pastor Thinks So
February 6, 2014 — A pastor and his wife believe a ghostly figure that appeared in the background of a photograph is a sign from a higher power.
CBS2’s Stacey Butler reports that a man named Radu, who didn’t want to appear on-camera, took a photo of a co-worker two weeks ago at an Irvine warehouse. The picture, which Radu said he did not retouch, showed a veiled woman in the corner behind the co-worker. “I can clearly see the face. I can even see long hair. I can see, like a veil that covers all the way to the floor,” said Daniela, the wife of Pastor Danny Goia.

Goia and his wife said Radu is a new member of First Romanian Pentecostal Church in Anaheim. They said Radu and his wife recently were baptized and then married on the same day. “The next day was when this photo was taken,” Daniela said. Daniela said she believes the image is an angel protecting Radu.

The couple also believes it’s a message from God. “God is trying to reveal to the people before something major will happen,” Goia said. On Thursday, the pastor showed the image to a small gathering during a church service. “God wants to say, ‘Hey, get ready. Get well with me because something good is gonna come soon,’” Goia said.

Photo

Forum List

Back