Saved by 1000 votes...

Originally posted by freeandfun1
I like what one said on Dennis Miller's show last night.....

he earnestly believes that the left has become, as he puts it, "haters". They hate that they are no longer in power and it is driving them crazy! (and after seeing Gore yesterday, you have to think he meant that literally).

I was thinking something along those lines when the whole "anybody but Bush" thing started with the Democrats. Clinton was the first Democrat since FDR to be elected to his own second term. They lost the White House in 2000, they've been losing seats in the Senate and the House, and the President was riding high on popularity. So, most of them just lost it and started frothing at the mouth.

While dependence on conspiracy theory and going into hateful rants like Gore may go over big in front of a partisan crowd, stuff like that will wear thin on the public in general. Makes me wonder though, if they are this nuts now, what the hell is it going to be like in 2008?

by ACLUdem
Just to clarify a point....the rigging I was referring to took place long before the election. It started when Republicans went through the voter roles and removed massive numbers of African-American voters based on faulty data from a Texas company with ties to the Bush family. A sitting judge was even told she had been removed as a convicted felon from the voter rolls.

IMHO Felons SHOULD lose the right to vote. If we give you the point though that somehow removing those with convictions was 'unfair', the Democrats excluded thousands of military ballots for little or no cause-other than how they projected they would vote.

Originally posted by acludem
Just to clarify a point....the rigging I was referring to took place long before the election. It started when Republicans went through the voter roles and removed massive numbers of African-American voters based on faulty data from a Texas company with ties to the Bush family. A sitting judge was even told she had been removed as a convicted felon from the voter rolls.

As for the NY Post columnist - Clinton lied about getting a blow job to cover his ass with his wife, Bush lied about weapons of massive destruction to start a war. Lying to your wife and the country about whether you got head in the oval office is bad, lying to start a war where many, many lives have been lost is much, much worse.

acludem

Its truly sad that someone who obviously has a brain wastes it so.

Originally posted by Kathianne
by ACLUdem

IMHO Felons SHOULD lose the right to vote. If we give you the point though that somehow removing those with convictions was 'unfair', the Democrats excluded thousands of military ballots for little or no cause-other than how they projected they would vote.

I think we need to exclude all the dead people on the Democrat rolls from voting as well.

I think we need to exclude all the dead people on the Democrat rolls from voting as well.

Coming from Chicago area, I MUST agree with you.:p:

The problem is the voters removed from the rolls weren't convicted felons. The Texas company provided, at the Bush family's behest, false information about thousands of voters. The intent was to make it so hard for these people to vote that they would stay away from the polls helping Bush to win.

acludem

I'm sorry about the felon thing, was reading while kids were working on something else at school, but not close enough.

You still haven't addressed the military votes though.

Originally posted by acludem
The problem is the voters removed from the rolls weren't convicted felons. The Texas company provided, at the Bush family's behest, false information about thousands of voters. The intent was to make it so hard for these people to vote that they would stay away from the polls helping Bush to win.

acludem

Where do you get your information? Michael Moore? buzzflash.com, perhaps?

Holy Crap! Another thread that contains the Bush Vs Gore 2000 election. Give it up people, George W Bush is the President, Gore lost.

Originally posted by MtnBiker
Holy Crap! Another thread that contains the Bush Vs Gore 2000 election. Give it up people, George W Bush is the President, Gore lost.

They'll be saying it 2008 when Bush finally has to step down. Hell they'll be saying it in 2050 when they are old and remembering the good ole days of protesting and appeasing.

"Heh, heh, heh.....cough..... remember that seventeenth recount? Those were the days, boy...heh, heh...HAWK...spit."

Originally posted by insein
They'll be saying it 2008 when Bush finally has to step down. Hell they'll be saying it in 2050 when they are old and remembering the good ole days of protesting and appeasing.

Some will still be saying it when they build his monument.

Originally posted by insein
Im sure they'll be dead by then and history will have proven them wrong once again.

Yeah, well lets just hope they dont regain power so that we dont all end up dead.

Originally posted by musicman
"Heh, heh, heh.....cough..... remember that seventeenth recount? Those were the days, boy...heh, heh...HAWK...spit."

I'll be 70 and regretting that I declined to go down to FL and count chads. Thought cooking turkey for the family was more important.

Comfort is that Bush won!

Forum List

Back