Saved by 1000 votes...

Originally posted by HGROKIT
(I am going to try this again - seemed to have gotten me on someone's shit list last night.)

uh - ok

:)

Im going to have to echo this.

Originally posted by acludem
I just finished reading this speech - it was excellent! You forget - Gore was the choice of the majority of the American people in 2000, and if it hadn't been for Dubya's brother rigging the election in Florida, we'd have a much stronger leader right now.

acludem

acludem: I guess there are 2 choiceswhen reading your posts:

1 Accept them as comedy (you actual believe what you type)

2 Accept them as tragedy (you actual believe what you type)

Originally posted by Avatar4321
It is amazing that this man almost became president. Im so glad he didnt. Im also starting to be grateful that we didnt finish the impeachment with Clinton. Can you imagine what would have happened if Gore was President then?

So a stronger leader vehomently attacks the current ones by telling them that they are a total failure and yet doesnt offer any alternative ideas on how we should act?

And how many fucking tiems do we have to go over the fact that GORE FUCKING LOST THE ELECTION!!! EVERY RECOUNT DONE BY REPUBLICAN, DEMOCRAT OR INDEPENDANT SOURCE ALL SAID THE SAME THING. BUSH WON. THANK THE LORD IN HEAVEN HE DID!!! SO GET THE FUCK OVER IT!!!

God we're going to hear how bush rigged the election this year when he won every single state. They'll still demand a recount even if he wins 99% to 0% with a 1% margin of error.

I think the pic of gore was taken when he and Lewinski were jockying for the same "position" "under" Bill.

:rolleyes: :D

Originally posted by freeandfun1
It is better to focus on the enemy! doh! They are trying to kill you(and me and everybody else that does not agree with them).

Oh no! Let's not worry about the people who are killing, destroying, and cutting off people's heads in the name of terror. Let's worry about kissing France's ass!

It was a real newsflash when we heard the French don't like American's. France and Germany both haven't been thrilled with America for years, they just don't have the Soviet Union sitting on their doorstep to keep their mouths shut anymore.

Originally posted by Jimmyeatworld
France and Germany both haven't been thrilled with America for years, they just don't have the Soviet Union sitting on their doorstep to keep their mouths shut anymore.

Very well put!

Is it just me or is it obvious that Al has gone off his meds? His apoplectic, insanity-fueled tirade is just a symbol of the panic now gripping liberals all over America; they know that they have been exposed and that their days, as a major force, are numbered.

Really, when was the last time you saw Ashcroft, Condy, Rummy, or President Bush start screaming at the top of their lungs? However, you look on the Left and see freaks like Ted Kennedy, Dean, Kerry, Hillary, Wrangle, Byrd, & Gore going ballistic, spewing whatever vicious lies come to them. THIS IS PANIC!

If you really want to have fun with a liberal, just grill them on what THEY would do in Iraq. If they are honest, they will say that we should never have gone into Iraq. However, if they, like Kerry, try to play along with the idea that they care about their country, they will start to stutter & stammer. Like Kerry, they will start muttering about "internationalizing" the process. Ok, let's look at that.

I assume he & the LMM mean France, Germany, & Russia: The criminal nations who were neck-deep in the filth with Saddam. When France & Saddam would get in bed with each other, I wonder what kind of wine the French would bring? LOL

Ok, let's keep going......

Kerry & liberals contend that our coalition partners, including a little-known nation called Great Britain, were bribed to join us in the liberation of Iraq- though they, liberals, would call it genocide. Ok, so how does Kerry intend to get France, Germany, Russia, & the Useless Nations on board?: Offer them generous contracts, that's how.

Ummmmm, wouldn't that be considered a bribe?

Forget that the Axis of Weasel were on Saddam's side and, now, have NO interest in joining us. Forget that the U.N. got bombed ONCE in Iraq and decided to call it an exit strategy. Forget ALL of that. Call it what you want, but Kerry & liberals would try to BRIBE these nations.

ROTFLMFAO

The best way to humiliate a liberal is just to let him/her speak. They have become SO blinded by their sheep-like hatred of President Bush that they will buy ANY lie they pick up from freaks like Al Franken, Al Gore, Michael Moore, or MoveOn.Org. See, even though there is FAR more credibility to stories concerning all the dead bodies around Clinton, the vast majority of us refuse to engage in those kinds of conspiracy theories- with the exception of some Vince Foster & Fort Marcy Park jokes, that is. These stories might be true, but until they are legitimized by some respectable member of the media, we leave them on the shelf. However, liberals will believe ANYTHING they hear about Bush, never even bothering to check its authenticity.

The only explanation for their hysterical hatred is the fact that they know that they & their failed ideology have been exposed, discredited, broken, and soon will be vanquished, just like communism.

Spikes, excellent. I liked this article too:

http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/21671.htm

May 27, 2004 -- I'VE been on many radio shows in the past few months talking about President Bush, and I've invariably been asked to justify the view that Bush made a place for himself in history by responding quickly and forcefully to the 9/11 attacks.
Surely, say hosts and callers, it didn't matter all that much who was president on 9/11, because Al Gore would have reacted and acted in exactly the same way. I have usually responded by saying that, yes, I think he might well have responded similarly.

I was wrong. There is no way of knowing how he would have responded, because it is now clear that Al Gore is insane.

I don't mean that his policy ideas are insane, though many of them are. I mean that based on his behavior, conduct, mien and tone over the past two days, there is every reason to believe that Albert Gore Jr., desperately needs help. I think he needs medication, and I think that if he is already on medication, his doctors need to adjust it or change it entirely.

I am not kidding or trying to score a cheap rhetorical shot when I say that watching Gore rant and rave and scream and yell and lose all connection with reality, common sense and even proper comportment at this moment of great stress for the Republic, even his most passionate supporters should thank God that he was not the one whose hand was on the Bible on Jan. 20, 2001.

In a speech yesterday denouncing U.S. policy in Iraq, he compared George W. Bush first to Richard Nixon, which is excessive. Then he compared Bush to Faust and said the president had lost his soul in pursuit of a policy of "domination."

He accused the United States of setting up an "American Gulag," thus comparing the incidents at Abu Ghraib to Josef Stalin's vast slave-prison archipelago that shackled nearly 30 million people in an Arctic wasteland and caused the deaths of many millions more.

He has, in essence, declared that the monstrous American creeps we've seen in the Abu Ghraib photographs are victims as much as those they humiliated: "On the list of those he let down are the young soldiers who are themselves apparently culpable, but who were clearly put into a moral cesspool. The perpetrators as well as the victims were both placed in their relationship to one another by the policies of George W. Bush."

Gore's speech is the single craziest political performance of my lifetime, and I use the word "craziest" advisedly. The speech, at 6,600 words, was twice as long as Bush's address to the nation on Monday night. The indiscipline shown by the sheer endlessness of Gore's address is a reflection of the psychic morass in which he has become mired.

A man who was very, very nearly president of the United States has been reduced to sounding like one of those people in Times Square with a megaphone screaming about God's justice. It is almost impossible to believe that this man was once vice president of the United States.

As a stalwart supporter of the war, I would naturally be inclined to find Gore's line of attack discomfiting and upsetting, even enraging. Instead, I feel an intense sadness and a great sense of relief. The sadness comes from the sight of a man losing his sanity in public. The relief comes from the fact that he is not, and never will be, the president of the United States.

E-mail: [email protected]

I like what one said on Dennis Miller's show last night.....

he earnestly believes that the left has become, as he puts it, "haters". They hate that they are no longer in power and it is driving them crazy! (and after seeing Gore yesterday, you have to think he meant that literally).

From what I can see of the democrats, at this moment in time, they are hoping for defeat in Iraq, at the UN, and for our economy. They may be in for the awakening that is beginning to resonate, yet still is unheeded, that their constituencies/customers, are no longer buying what they have to sell. They see through it and our becoming disgusted.

Originally posted by Kathianne

As a stalwart supporter of the war, I would naturally be inclined to find Gore's line of attack discomfiting and upsetting, even enraging. Instead, I feel an intense sadness and a great sense of relief. :The sadness comes from the sight of a man losing his sanity in public. The relief comes from the fact that he is not, and never will be, the president of the United States.

Gee - I guess he never got over that hanging chad.

:p

Yeah, I bet he regrets turning to the courts for his 'special counts.'

Best of the Web: http://www.opinionjournal.com/best/?id=110005134

BY JAMES TARANTO
Thursday, May 27, 2004 2:25 p.m. EDT

Guilty Gore Goes Gaga
"It is now clear that Al Gore is insane," writes the New York Post's John Podhoretz. "I don't mean that his policy ideas are insane, though many of them are. I mean that based on his behavior, conduct, mien and tone over the past two days, there is every reason to believe that Albert Gore Jr., desperately needs help. I think he needs medication, and I think that if he is already on medication, his doctors need to adjust it or change it entirely."

Maureen Dowd of the New York Times agrees. When he delivered a speech to the far-left outfit MoveOn.org yesterday, she writes, "Mr. Gore hollered so much, he made Howard Dean look like George Pataki." She says the erstwhile veep represents "the wackadoo wing of the Democratic Party."

Well, give Gore credit for helping liberals and conservatives find common ground in this era of polarization. Pretty much everyone agrees Gore is nuts. OK, we did get one e-mail in Gore's defense, from a reader whose name we'll withhold because that's the kind of compassion we practice here at Best of the Web Today:

Al Gore spoke the truth, the real truth, and American truth. The hate speech that we are exposed to on a daily basis comes from the likes of you and the rest of you lying fascist scum that contaminate this country. You are the Republican taliban.

This charming missive pretty much captures the tone and spirit of the Gore speech, though our correspondent at least understands the virtue of brevity. Gore's speech, by contrast, ran more than 6,500 words. Maybe he's hoping for Fidel Castro's job.

How did things go so terribly wrong for Al Gore? When he ran for president in 1988, he was a fresh-faced, moderate "new Democrat." He lost the nomination to the electrifying Michael Dukakis, but he was only 40 and his future looked bright. Yet he never lived up to his potential, and today he is a pitiful, though scary, old man.

An Associated Press account of yesterday's speech notes that "Gore, who served in Vietnam, predicted greater problems for America's involvement in Iraq." The AP apparently means to suggest that Gore suffers from posttraumatic stress disorder, since the Vietnam reference is otherwise a complete non sequitur. But according to WebMD, "symptoms of PTSD usually occur within three months of the traumatic event." True, "they can occur months or years later"--but three decades later?

We've got a better theory: Gore, in our view, has cracked under a crushing burden of guilt.

To explain why, it helps to remember that a desperate anger pervades Gore's entire party at the moment. That's not surprising. For the first time in half a century, the Democrats are out of the White House and have a majority in neither house of Congress. A decisive GOP victory in November would leave the Dems a minority party for a very long time.

Oh, they put on a brave face, noting excitedly every Bush swoon in the polls. They say the president is manifestly incompetent and John Kerry will beat him easily. Maybe they'll even turn out to be right. Who knows? Certainly some Republicans are spooked about Bush's re-election prospects. But the shrillness and hysteria of the Democrats' rhetoric tells us they are far from confident.

Still, the immoderation of Gore's words, combined with the fury of his tone, puts him in a class by himself, or very nearly so, even among angry Dems. And while political candidates routinely engage in hyperbole in order to stir up the party faithful, Gore isn't running for anything. Dick Gephardt stopped ranting about Bush's being a "miserable failure" when he left the presidential race. Gore has nothing to gain by sacrificing his dignity in this way.

How did the Dems come to such a pass? In large part, it's Gore's fault. The Democrats held the White House in 2000, at a time of apparent peace and prosperity. They should have won the election that year, and they surely would have had they only had a decent candidate. But instead they had Al Gore. Even he came close enough to winning that he was tempted to try to steal the election.

There's a telling line right at the beginning of Gore's speech: George W. Bush, he says, "has brought deep dishonor to our country and built a durable reputation as the most dishonest president since Richard Nixon." Here Gore is engaging in what psychologists call "projection": attributing one's own faults to others. The most dishonest president since Richard Nixon obviously is the one who was impeached for lying under oath--the president, that is, whose No. 2 was none other than Al Gore.

Gore would have become president had Bill Clinton resigned after his 1998 impeachment, or had 17 Democratic senators voted to convict him in his impeachment trial. President Gore likely would have been re-elected in 2000, since he would have had the advantage of incumbency and been free of the Clinton taint that (unaccompanied by the Clinton charm) hurt him so much in the "red" states.

Instead, party discipline held, and the Senate acquitted Clinton. This was another missed opportunity for Gore. Had he publicly broken from Clinton and called on the president to resign, other Democrats might well have followed his lead. Instead, he appeared at a White House rally immediately after the impeachment vote and described Clinton as "a man who I believe will be regarded in the history books as one of our greatest presidents."

Thus it was Al Gore, more than anyone else, who assured the election of George W. Bush as president. And if Gore actually believes all the paranoid nonsense he utters about "global warming," "an unprecedented assault on civil liberties," the "American gulag," the "catastrophe" in Iraq and so on, he let down not only his party but his country and the world, which will soon be destroyed thanks to Bush's decision to withdraw from the Kyoto treaty.

That's more guilt than anyone should be forced to endure.

Posted by ACLUDEM I just finished reading this speech - it was excellent! You forget - Gore was the choice of the majority of the American people in 2000, and if it hadn't been for Dubya's brother rigging the election in Florida, we'd have a much stronger leader right now.

acludem

:tank: They're coming to take you away ha ha, they're coming to take you away.................

Dude, you simply must stop cooking with the mushrooms that grow in the back yard...............

Just to clarify a point....the rigging I was referring to took place long before the election. It started when Republicans went through the voter roles and removed massive numbers of African-American voters based on faulty data from a Texas company with ties to the Bush family. A sitting judge was even told she had been removed as a convicted felon from the voter rolls.

As for the NY Post columnist - Clinton lied about getting a blow job to cover his ass with his wife, Bush lied about weapons of massive destruction to start a war. Lying to your wife and the country about whether you got head in the oval office is bad, lying to start a war where many, many lives have been lost is much, much worse.

acludem

did clinton lie then about wmd? afterall that was the reasons for operation desert fox in 98. he still thinks they had them:

Clinton believes Iraq had weapons of mass destruction: Portugal PM

LISBON (AFP) Jan 09, 2004
Former US president Bill Clinton said in October during a visit to Portugal that he was convinced Iraq had weapons of mass destruction up until the fall of Saddam Hussein, Portuguese Prime Minister Jose Manuel Durao Barroso said late Thursday.

"When Clinton was here recently he told me he was absolutely convinced, given his years in the White House and the access to privileged information which he had, that Iraq possessed weapons of mass destruction until the end of the Saddam regime," he said in an interview with Portuguese cable news channel SIC Noticias.

----------------

lets not forget everone else who thought the same way.

Forum List

Back