Save the rats, keep rat families together!

No they aren't. Not all dogs will kill a rat. A Rottweiler for all his ferociousness won't kill a rat. A "ratter" will. A rat terrier (obviously) a chihuahua, they will. Dogs won't kill if they aren't hungry at all.

Cats, like human beings are natural predators that will kill for sport. Dogs won't. Dogs are not nocturnal and don't hunt at night, cats do. Cats have vibrassae (whiskers) that let them go into very small spaces in total darkness. The common, ordinary, housecat is a far more effective killer than a lion who will hunt only when it's hungry. The only advantage that dogs have that cats do not is the instinct to pack. Cats are lone predators, dogs hunt in packs. A pack of Chihuahuas would eliminate the rat problem as would (too bad it's so cold) roadrunners.

I knew a man in Nevada that found a rattlesnake nest behind his garage. He put out bits of hamburger meat to attract the roadrunners. In two days, no more rattlesnakes.

My dog, a beagle mix has killed many rats just for the sport of it. He pulls them out of their hiding place, swings them around to break their necks and then just sniffs it. He never has any intention to eat it.

In addition, dogs hunt in packs. You put a pack of rat-killing dogs like Jack Russells in a house infested with rats and they'll be mayhem and a lot of dead rats.

A cat, on the other hand, is a solitary hunter and can only take out one rat at a time and will hunt only if they're hungry.

Cats hunt all the time. They don't need to be hungry, A pack of dogs would work just fine, except that dog packs in the city have their own dangers.

I had a friend from the interior of mexico where chihuahua's are wild dogs that a pack of chihuahuas can take down a cow in minutes. Like pirhannas.

Had the cat population of London not been decimated by ignorant and superstitious people, likely there would never have been a plague.

So, anyone who doesn't agree with you is ignorant and superstitious?

I suggest you go fuck yourself.

My dog, a beagle mix has killed many rats just for the sport of it. He pulls them out of their hiding place, swings them around to break their necks and then just sniffs it. He never has any intention to eat it.

In addition, dogs hunt in packs. You put a pack of rat-killing dogs like Jack Russells in a house infested with rats and they'll be mayhem and a lot of dead rats.

A cat, on the other hand, is a solitary hunter and can only take out one rat at a time and will hunt only if they're hungry.

Cats hunt all the time. They don't need to be hungry, A pack of dogs would work just fine, except that dog packs in the city have their own dangers.

I had a friend from the interior of mexico where chihuahua's are wild dogs that a pack of chihuahuas can take down a cow in minutes. Like pirhannas.

Had the cat population of London not been decimated by ignorant and superstitious people, likely there would never have been a plague.

So, anyone who doesn't agree with you is ignorant and superstitious?

I suggest you go fuck yourself.

Well yes, if you put it that way. Anyone who believes cats are evil spirits or witch familiars as they believed in 1368, is ignorant and superstitious.

Thank you for playing. That was fun.

All this talk about killing rats makes me sad.

m52.gif

Sane governments do not come up with this crap.

VA AG Fears DC Law May Relocate Rat 'Families' to Virginia | CNSnews.com

Cuccinelli said D.C.'s new rat law--the Wildlife Protection Act of 2010 (Wildlife Protection Act of 2010.pdf) --is “crazier than fiction” because it requires that rats and other vermin not be killed but captured, preferably in families; no glue or snap traps can be utilized; the rodents must be relocated from where they are captured; and some of these animals may need to be transferred to a “wildlife rehabilitator” as part of their relocation process.

The law does not allow pest control professionals “to kill the dang rats,” Cuccinelli told CNSNews.com. “They have to capture them--then capture them in families. [Not sure] how you’re going to figure that out with rats. And then you have to relocate them. That brings us to Virginia. Now, if you don’t relocate them about 25 miles away, according to experts, rodents will find their way back. Well, an easy way to solve that problem is to cross a river, and what’s on the other side of the river? Virginia.”

OMG, please tell me this is a fucking joke.

Rats make superb pets and are quite intelligent. They are also bred for it. Street rats are as street rat crazy as Ron Paul or obama.

Rats as pets? don't they carry all kinds of dangerous diseases? I know the rates feces can kill a human.

I can't believe you never heard of rats as pets.

ASPCA | Rat Care

I have heard of it, I just don't know how it would be possible when their feces can kill a human, if a child puts one of those in their mouth its all she wrote.

I wouldn't have a rat or any small animal around a very young child. Rat feces is pretty much made up of what the rat is going to eat. Domestic rat diets differ significantly from garbage rat diets.

Your pets’ main diet should consist of rat blocks, a high-quality pellet chow formulated for rodents. Look for a brand that lists soy meal as the main ingredient. This food should be available at all times.

The ASPCA recommends offering small amounts of fresh fruits and vegetables to your rats every day. Peas, broccoli, carrots, apples and bananas are good foods to start with, but it’s fun to try new things and find out your pets’ favorites. Rats love people food, and you can give yours the occasional table scrap, such as cooked pasta, small pieces of egg or chicken, or a bit of pizza crust. Treats need to be limited to prevent obesity.

Do not give your rats chocolate, corn, candy, caffeinated and carbonated beverages, onions, sticky foods such as taffy and peanut butter, and junk food.

Fresh, clean water should be available at all times. A water bottle with a drinking tube that attaches to the side of the cage is the best way to go.

I wouldn't have a rat or any small animal around a very young child. Rat feces is pretty much made up of what the rat is going to eat. Domestic rat diets differ significantly from garbage rat diets.

Your pets’ main diet should consist of rat blocks, a high-quality pellet chow formulated for rodents. Look for a brand that lists soy meal as the main ingredient. This food should be available at all times.

The ASPCA recommends offering small amounts of fresh fruits and vegetables to your rats every day. Peas, broccoli, carrots, apples and bananas are good foods to start with, but it’s fun to try new things and find out your pets’ favorites. Rats love people food, and you can give yours the occasional table scrap, such as cooked pasta, small pieces of egg or chicken, or a bit of pizza crust. Treats need to be limited to prevent obesity.

Do not give your rats chocolate, corn, candy, caffeinated and carbonated beverages, onions, sticky foods such as taffy and peanut butter, and junk food.

Fresh, clean water should be available at all times. A water bottle with a drinking tube that attaches to the side of the cage is the best way to go.

That's interesting, still the idea of waking up and seeing several rats sleeping on my bed with me is creepy.:eek:

I love stuff like this.........the radical kpks cant help themselves, and it becomes even funnier when they try to adocate for something which might be really important. But guess what? Their credbility is shot............because they have to get fcukking hysterical about EVERYTHING.

Yet they keep on going out and doing this nutty-ass stuff. Its classic liberal k00k thinking............that there should be a solution to EVERY societal problem if we just think hard enough on how to fix the institution.

Beyond meathead...........but I must admit........provides me with lots of entertainment, so I shouldnt complain!!!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Forum List

Back