Save Me

rtwngAvngr

Jan 5, 2004
Artist: Shinedown Lyrics
Song: Save Me Lyrics

MP3 Downloads

Click here to send Shinedown polyphonic ringtone to your cell phone.
I've got a candle,
And I've got a spoon
I live in a hallway
With no doors and no rooms
Under the window sill
They all were found
A touch of concrete within a doorway
Without a sound

Chorus:

Someone save me if you will
And take away all these pills
And please just save me, if you can
From the blasphemy in my wasteland

How did I get here
And what went wrong
Couldn't handle forgiveness
Now I'am far beyond gone
And I can hardly remember
The look of my own eyes
How could I love this
A life so dishonest
It made me compromise

Chorus

Jump in the water
Jump in with me
Jump on the altar
Lay down with me
My hardest question
Too answer is
WHY!!!

Chorus

Some one save me (x3)
Somebody save me
Somebody save me
Please don't erase me

Drug addiction and depression.

But I just thought it might have hurt RWA's feelings to read that comment about writing volumes.

Abbey Normal said:
That it is easier to stay down in despair than to fight your way out, so why not continue to immerse yourself in it?

I don't know. I"m not an addictions counselor, but I'd bet it's probably better to be high than face the mess of your life. Getting high makes you feel good, makes you forget.

Said1 said:
I don't know. I"m not an addictions counselor, but I'd bet it's probably better to be high than face the mess of your life. Getting high makes you feel good, makes you forget.
I don't understand getting high, but I do understand depression. It just gets to be a very comfortable place. You start thinking, "It doesn't really matter, anyway." Yes, for some people, it is a lot easier to just stay in the depression than to have to struggle your way out of it, to have to start to FEEL again. The feelings often hurt. Badly.

mom4 said:
I don't understand getting high, but I do understand depression. It just gets to be a very comfortable place. You start thinking, "It doesn't really matter, anyway." Yes, for some people, it is a lot easier to just stay in the depression than to have to struggle your way out of it, to have to start to FEEL again. The feelings often hurt. Badly.

I think we've all faced depression at least once in our lives.

Said1 said:

I understand. Thanks, Said.

I was more talking about regular (non-addicted) folks listening to music/watching movies, etc., that are sort of a celebration of despondency. An example of what I am talking about would be the movie "Leaving Las Vegas".

Abbey Normal said:

I was more talking about regular (non-addicted) folks listening to music/watching movies, etc., that are sort of a celebration of despondency. An example of what I am talking about would be the movie "Leaving Las Vegas".

Cage played an alcoholic. But I know what you mean.

Abbey Normal said:

I HATED that movie. It was highly recommended by a friend, so we saw it. I thought that was one of the most pointless, stupid things I had ever seen.

I don't know, maybe people feel like they are being "deep" when they wallow for awhile. That used to bother me in college, too. Every piece of contemporary lit we had to read left you with that slightly depressed feeling. Like I said, I think it was supposed to prove you were "deep."

My feelings are not hurt. I have actually been debating about writing about these negative things, but I see what mom and abbey are saying too. Is it right to celebrate it in a sense by putting it out there? yes and no. A certain segment will identify with it. And i also believe that some impressionable youths may think it's cool.

Thanks for caring about my thread everybody. USMB ladies are the bestest on the net!

No matter how ground down we feel, giving up can never be a legitimate option. Do I need to listen to my own advice? YES!

Said1 said:
Cage played an alcoholic. But I know what you mean.

Yes, I am talking about people enjoying watching a movie like that. Or listening to a song about suicide; or about addiction.

Despondency is bad enough if you are living with it, but why immerse yourself in it if you are not? I just don't get the appeal. If a movie addresses tough issues, but also offers some glimmer of hope, that's okay and can be very interesting. But Leaving Las Vegas was a hopeless downer from opening scene to closing credits.

Forum List

Back