Savage Rants

mattskramer said:
If it is not sexual harassment or child abuse, what do you have except consensual sex among adults? There are laws that make contracts and behaviors with children invalid and criminal. We try to protect children in that respect. Once people reach a certain age, we consider them mature enough to make their own decisions and suffer the consequences.

The statistic is meaningless to me. As a reply, it is enough for me to say that sex, heterosexual or heterosexual, with a minor is illegal and should continue to be so. Such people who have sex with CHILDREN should be severely punished.

Yep. Sexual harassment often goes on without being reported. No. I don’t what sexual harassment to happen with an officer (male or female) basically forcing someone (male or female) of any age into sex. (Whatever happened with the people of Tailhook?) I doubt that allowing homosexuals to remain in the military, after they are “outed” would result in more sexual harassment.

repeating yourself doesnt invalidate my points. Having a veteran sergeant who has such control over so many raw recruits is simply not a good idea to put into the hands of an openly homosexual.

people dont wake up on their 18th birthday and suddenly are adults. Its a PROCESS, its a legal point 18. Realistically speaking, some kids are more mature at 16 than others are at 19. IN fact, alot of states dont even allow 18 year olds to drink

Now, please dont repeat yourself. The point is, ALOT of 18 year old kids could easily be taken advantage of by a homosexual superior officer. And you may not care about the statistics, but the kids who get seduced by homosexuals, as teens, do.

LuvRPgrl said:
repeating yourself doesnt invalidate my points. Having a veteran sergeant who has such control over so many raw recruits is simply not a good idea to put into the hands of an openly homosexual.

people dont wake up on their 18th birthday and suddenly are adults. Its a PROCESS, its a legal point 18. Realistically speaking, some kids are more mature at 16 than others are at 19. IN fact, alot of states dont even allow 18 year olds to drink

Now, please dont repeat yourself. The point is, ALOT of 18 year old kids could easily be taken advantage of by a homosexual superior officer. And you may not care about the statistics, but the kids who get seduced by homosexuals, as teens, do.

Mr. P –

Wow. That was a nice, sound, and logical rebuttal. –LOL. Seriously, as long as these “ass buddies” as you call them can do their job – as long as they have the knowledge, strength and skill to defend the USA - I have no objection with them staying in the military.

Luv –

Repeating yourself doesn’t invalidate MY points. Let us extend your argument. Should an older male be allowed to supervise a younger female? Should an older female be allowed to teach younger males? Due to the recent school/sex scandals perhaps we should revamp our school system.

As for the rest of your comments, there are laws that consider 18-year-olds to be mature enough to make their own decisions about things. Unfortunately, I’m 39 and my supervisor still easily takes me advantage. SHE keeps asking be to work over-time even though I’d rather spend more time at home. Then there is McDonalds. The Big Macs and French fries are just too tempting for me to resist. Everyone is faced with temptations and pressures. Enough said.

mattskramer said:
Mr. P –

Wow. That was a nice, sound, and logical rebuttal. –LOL. Seriously, as long as these “ass buddies” as you call them can do their job – as long as they have the knowledge, strength and skill to defend the USA - I have no objection with them staying in the military.
I called em "BUTT BUDDIES", not ass buddies.
I do have a problem with it, because the military doesn't want them.
It's simple; the military has standards and policies, and good reason for them. They have a job to do, defend the Country, a group’s whims and wishes can never be allowed to change how they do that.

Sure Matt,
Let's welcome these clowns into our military. .. next thing you know they would demand design changes for the uniforms, parades would involve things that no sane person wants to look at, foxholes would take on a whole new meaning as would the practice of polishing your gun, you certainly couldn't call a restroom "the head" without a bunch of giggles from the leftinents, television would have shows like "Queer Eye for the Military Guy" or "Will and Jack do Ft. Hood", Bette Midler, Babs Streisand and Elton John would show up for USO tours, the barracks would need to be carpeted and drapes hung, queen size beds would be demanded, all uniforms would have an AIDS ribbon sewn into the lapels, showers would be more frightening and bath tubs would be required in all barracks.

New Topics

Forum List

Back