Sauerkraut

Hey knucklehead, I helped my German immigrant Aunt make kraut when I was a child and I was a partner in a grocery store that sold Russian food imported directly from Russia. There are numerous Russian food wholesalers in Brooklyn, other places in NYC, New Jersey, Philadelphia, etc. Some of it is flown in daily to New York and Chicago.
I'm happy for you and for your aunt

Personally, I love a good German or Polish sauerkraut. Good texture a flavor
I repeat ...
The Germans, first BOIL cabbage, and then sour ...
They destroy vitamins and beneficial bacteria ...
-------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------
I do not know about the Poles ...
Poles have always been "strange Slavs" ... Maybe they are gnawing cabbage, like rabbits ...
I don’t eat sauerkraut for its nutritional value.......l like the flavor
German Kraut, Brown and mushy with some bacon and caroway is awesome

Hey knucklehead, I helped my German immigrant Aunt make kraut when I was a child and I was a partner in a grocery store that sold Russian food imported directly from Russia. There are numerous Russian food wholesalers in Brooklyn, other places in NYC, New Jersey, Philadelphia, etc. Some of it is flown in daily to New York and Chicago.
I'm happy for you and for your aunt
Dude, you cannot be accurate or serious about even a trivial topic. Telling folks Germans don't know how to make kraut and only Russians know how to make it. You are a bad liar bub.

Not a fan of sauerkraut. My grandfather used to eat it. My mother loves it too. YUCK.
More Ukrainian food and Polish
Their food is better
When will you show the photos?

=============================================
I'm particularly amused at how an American can distinguish between Russian, Ukrainian and Polish food ...
Probably there is a Jew sitting in the store and selling what he is asked ...
- Do you want Ukrainian food?
On, take it, but it is made by the Chinese, wrapped up by Mexicans and sold by the Poles
:04::04::04::04::04:

Do you realize that we have the internet here in America? We can order any foods we want. There are TONS of places online where you can get pretty much anything you want. Also, we have a LOT of Russian immigrants here who own grocery stores and sell "Russian" food, which is really just food. We have EVERY type of food here in America, some of it authentic, some of it not. Why don't you educate yourself instead of making yourself sound like a dope with every single post you make?

Sounds good. A little crunchy still? No vinegar? Just salt? Or does the vinegar-y thing happen from letting it sit in the salt?

The Op's idea of making kraut is the same as most people that still make it themselves. No vinegar is used, just cabbage and salt. Kept in a crock for atleast 6-8 weeks to ferment, possibly longer. The salt draws out the moisture from the cabbage to create the juice during the fermentation process. It will also bubble up and get a 'scum' floating on top & usually taken off. And the longer it sits, the stronger & more sour it is.
That vinegary taste is like you said......letting it sit in the salt. Fermentation=sour.

Personally I'm not that fond of real sour kraut, but I do like it in the earlier stages of when it's just started to sour.

Psst btw, we are on ignore because we don't bow to the idiot. :thup:

Sauerkraut is a pro biotic. Good for the gut.
This is not absolutely correct ....
Natural fermentation, using acid-milk bacteria - good for the STOMACH ... Splitting of the food begins in the stomach .. :)
- You live in Germany, but the traditional German cuisine for cooking sauerkraut is incorrect ..
Why?
Germans "boil" cabbage, and then ferment ...
Germans boil cabbage to make it "softer and more pleasant," but you kill all the useful bacteria that are needed for digestion
------------------------------------------------
Then, the Germans sell such cabbage, along with pork shank and beer at the German holiday "Oktoberfest" :04:

Makes for stinky farts
For the appearance of "smelly gases," the opposite is true ...
You must eat food that decomposes incompletely and creates hydrogen sulphide.
A typical product for the formation of hydrogen sulphide is pea ..
------------------------------------
Cabbage...
Cabbage has LESS calories than the human body requires for the decomposition of such food ... Consequently, if you eat cabbage, then you waste the energy of your organism ...
A good solution for "losing weight for the women." :04:

This is not absolutely correct ....
Natural fermentation, using acid-milk bacteria - good for the STOMACH ... Splitting of the food begins in the stomach .. :)
- You live in Germany, but the traditional German cuisine for cooking sauerkraut is incorrect ..
Why?
Germans "boil" cabbage, and then ferment ...
Germans boil cabbage to make it "softer and more pleasant," but you kill all the useful bacteria that are needed for digestion
------------------------------------------------
Then, the Germans sell such cabbage, along with pork shank and beer at the German holiday "Oktoberfest" :04:

I don't eat it. I "made" it once.

I drink Kefir. Or the Turkish Aryan.

...I drink Kefir...
There is no natural kefir ...
Forget ...
-------------------------------------------------- -----
Natural kefir is made from natural milk, when you allow it to sour a little.
Then heat it up.
========================================
There is no natural milk either ...

In Russia, the stores are full of "milk."
But this product is bought only by idiots (In America, even more idiots) :04:
Literate people go to the VILLAGE in the summer and buy real milk from farmers. They stand in a queue.
Stupid foreigners see such pictures and say:
"In Russia, all people stand in line for food" :04:
But In fact, this means that the Russians love natural food.

Foreigners, especially Americans, are used to eating everything that monopolies offer them, this is "freedom and democracy"

Milk.JPG

...I drink Kefir...
There is no natural kefir ...
Forget ...
-------------------------------------------------- -----
Natural kefir is made from natural milk, when you allow it to sour a little.
Then heat it up.
========================================
There is no natural milk either ...

In Russia, the stores are full of "milk."
But this product is bought only by idiots (In America, even more idiots) :04:
Literate people go to the VILLAGE in the summer and buy real milk from farmers. They stand in a queue.
Stupid foreigners see such pictures and say:
"In Russia, all people stand in line for food" :04:
But In fact, this means that the Russians love natural food.

Foreigners, especially Americans, are used to eating everything that monopolies offer them, this is "freedom and democracy"

View attachment 182492

I don't like Sauerkraut. I've tried to.

Russians dress like that these days?

:cool-45:

Russians dress like that these days?
:cool-45:
These are clothes for rest at the cottage (DACHA)
Dacha is a country collective association where all people have a rest, are engaged in construction, farming and gardening

He has you in ignore. You may have forgotten. I like sauerkraut, too.
Any person sent to ignore me can write me a personal message ...
- Introduce yourself
- Explain why I sent him to ignore
- apologize
- I will consider this proposal and the decision will be made, as at the meetings of the Communist Party of the USSR ...
As is known, the Party has always accepted only POSITIVE decisions :04:
:fu:

Forum List

Back