'Saudis give Israel green light to attack Iran'

I don't think anyone paying attention imagines that Iran isn't pursuing the bomb.

As to Iran committing national suicide to wipe out Isreal?

Get a grip.

To Iranians the existence of Iran is far far more important than the end of Isreal.

Honestly, you'd have to be an idiot to believe otherwise.

unless they're calculating that no one but the U.S. will care if Israel is obliterated. And they've calculated acceptable losses to make that happen. It's not like the imams and ahmadinejad would be in harm's way... you know, it's the old, undisclosed location thing.

I'm not sure they think the concept is national suicide.

i also think it's naive to underestimate true level of threat iran is to israel.

I don't think anyone paying attention imagines that Iran isn't pursuing the bomb.

Get a grip.

To Iranians the existence of Iran is far far more important than the end of Isreal.

You continue to confuse things you want to believe with things you have reason to believe. While none of us can know whether the Iranian leadership would be willing to see Iran devastated in the course of destroying Israel, there is strong reason to believe Iran is seeking to acquire nuclear weapons, the leadership's desire to see Israel destroyed cannot be doubted and the leadership's embrace of the ideal of martyrdom in the fight against Israel is public knowledge, so in the absence of evidence to the contrary, it is prudent of the Israeli government to assume the Iranian leadership believes what it professes to believe and consider an Iranian nuclear weapon a real and present threat to the existence of Israel. That being the case, it would be irresponsible of any Israeli government to allow Iran to get the bomb.

You have it all wrong. The point you're arguing is simply too outlandish. You're the one who has 1) the hunch they're seeking nuclear weapons (an acceptable hunch to have, I agree) and 2) the HUNCH that they'll simply incinerate themselves to destroy Israel. It's absolute speculation with no basis. They have NEVER claimed that they will "wipe out israel... EVEN IF IT MEANS WE'LL ALL DIE." Where did you get this idea from? You say that we have to believe SOME of the things the Iranian leadership has said, but they have not said they'll do that. They have said they're not seeking nuclear weapons. Why don't we listen to that? They've said the elections weren't rigged. Why don't we listen to that?

If they're seriously THAT insane, then as I said before, they could throw the entire country on top of Israel. They'll lose and they'd all die, but hey, by heaven's name they'll take some of those Jews down with them!!.

Either you are on iran's payroll, or just lack reading comprehension, along with a complete lack of understanding of the islamic religion.

Prior posters have already explained so many points to the thread, such as the handoff of nukes to their proxies, and yes they did say they will wipe israel off of the map, spare us the fucking nonsense already.

Gunny should just have a standing rule that anyone who tries to obfuscate/deny this point gets banned. It is merely a method to derail threads at this point.

And in islam, martyrdom is king, but that does not mean that all 1 billion muslims are able to commit suicide and just attack the kuffar/infidel west, it doesn't work that way.

unless they're calculating that no one but the U.S. will care if Israel is obliterated. And they've calculated acceptable losses to make that happen. It's not like the imams and ahmadinejad would be in harm's way... you know, it's the old, undisclosed location thing.

i also think it's naive to underestimate true level of threat iran is to israel.

The iranians see this as an opportunity to finally, finally after 14 centuries stand atop the islamic pile.

Can you imagine the political power and respect in the muslim world that iran would conjur if they were to obliterate israel? NOT ONE FUCKING MUSLIM would give a shit about a counter-strike killing 1 million iranians; no it would be worth it to have finally ridden the world of the zionist cancer in the body of the Muslim nation.

This is the primary goal of the iranian fascists, and don't for a moment think otherwise.

You have it all wrong. The point you're arguing is simply too outlandish. You're the one who has 1) the hunch they're seeking nuclear weapons (an acceptable hunch to have, I agree) and 2) the HUNCH that they'll simply incinerate themselves to destroy Israel. It's absolute speculation with no basis. They have NEVER claimed that they will "wipe out israel... EVEN IF IT MEANS WE'LL ALL DIE." Where did you get this idea from? You say that we have to believe SOME of the things the Iranian leadership has said, but they have not said they'll do that. They have said they're not seeking nuclear weapons. Why don't we listen to that? They've said the elections weren't rigged. Why don't we listen to that?

If they're seriously THAT insane, then as I said before, they could throw the entire country on top of Israel. They'll lose and they'd all die, but hey, by heaven's name they'll take some of those Jews down with them!!.

Either you are on iran's payroll, or just lack reading comprehension, along with a complete lack of understanding of the islamic religion.

Prior posters have already explained so many points to the thread, such as the handoff of nukes to their proxies, and yes they did say they will wipe israel off of the map, spare us the fucking nonsense already.

Gunny should just have a standing rule that anyone who tries to obfuscate/deny this point gets banned. It is merely a method to derail threads at this point.

And in islam, martyrdom is king, but that does not mean that all 1 billion muslims are able to commit suicide and just attack the kuffar/infidel west, it doesn't work that way.

Of course I'm on Iran's payroll. There's nothing I'd like more than to see every single Jew dead, obviously. That's the ONLY reasonable explanation of why, god forbid, we have a different opinion on the topic. Tell you what, let me get my last paycheck, and you can bomb Iran to the stone age. Happy? Yay! Let's kill 70,000,000 people over your extreme paranoia! That works!

Gunny should just have you banned for being such a jackass. How's that?

An attack on Iran would be great for Khamenei and Ahmadinejad.

It will close the rift in the Iranian society within seconds, make them rally around their flag and their leaders and postpone any attempts at changing their regime from within.

:thup:

The iranians see this as an opportunity to finally, finally after 14 centuries stand atop the islamic pile.

that's true. plus there is the whole sunni versus shi'a issue which I think people underestimate as well... a strike on israel ends that.

Can you imagine the political power and respect in the muslim world that iran would conjur if they were to obliterate israel? NOT ONE FUCKING MUSLIM would give a shit about a counter-strike killing 1 million iranians; no it would be worth it to have finally ridden the world of the zionist cancer in the body of the Muslim nation.

That's absolutely true. Again, I think the naivete of people who think "oh, they'd never do that and Israel has nukes so why shouldn't israel"? are far more trustful of human nature than is warranted by the circumstances.

This is the primary goal of the iranian fascists, and don't for a moment think otherwise.

I don't know that it's the primary goal of Iran. But it certainly is up their on their "to do" list.

that's true. plus there is the whole sunni versus shi'a issue which I think people underestimate as well... a strike on israel ends that.

Please explain. The part about ending the schism by destroying Israel.

did i say it ends the schism?

it ends the fight for DOMINANCE...

looked like you said a strike on israel would end the whole sunni vs shi'a issue.

with israel out of the picture you think saudi arabia and iran would be friends?

this makes no sense at all and i think that it is you who does not understand the sunni-shia split.

Get a grip.

I understand your concerns but rather doubt that they're realistic.

In the first place, I doubt Isreal could be so crippled that they wouldn't repons in kind.

In the second I doubt that the leaders (even the worst of them) are as freaking nuts as you think they are.

Yeah, I understand you think they think they might get away with it.

I doubt that a lot.

Yes, understood.

I think it's paranoia to assume that your enemies are completely nuts and have absolutely no concern for the society, too.

Impasse.

An attack on Iran would be great for Khamenei and Ahmadinejad.

It will close the rift in the Iranian society within seconds, make them rally around their flag and their leaders and postpone any attempts at changing their regime from within.

:thup:

That's a lovely thought, but irrelevent since they will almost certainly have nuclear weapons long before the fascist dictatorship is beheaded, a time frame too long for the West to abide.

I think the one thing that everybody is still missing is that the Arab world doesn't hate iran but it deeply distrusts it.

The Arab world does hate israel but doesn't distrust it.

Don't forget that the impetus for the first Gulf War was Saddam Hussein overrunning Kuwait, another Arab nation, and his army was assembled on the Saudi border which the Saudis interpreted as blatant aggression and intent to overrun Saudi Arabia.

If one crazy Arab leader is willing to do violence to Arab neighbors, how much more is a crazy Persian leader capable of doing that?

Given obliteration or living under Iranian rule, Arab nations are more than willing for Israel to get rid of Iranian nukes. Once that is done, then they can all go back to bluster and fury and plotting how to rid themselves of Israel.

Forum List

Back