Saudi Teen Seeks Asylum, Fears Family Will Kill Her...

aaronleland

Diamond Member
May 19, 2012
Saudi Teen Seeks Asylum, Fears Family Will Kill Her

The Twitter account sprang into existence over the weekend, posting anguished pleas to anyone who would listen. "I am real, I exist, I am still breathing, but I am not sure I can continue or that I can stay alive unless the Saudi embassy stops pursuing me," wrote 18-year-old Rahaf Mohammed Alqunun from the Thai airport where she was stopped en route to Australia.

The Saudi national said she was fleeing her abusive family, seeking asylum in any western country that would have her. "I'm in real danger," she said.

Human rights groups and western embassies implored the Thai government not to return the woman to Saudi Arabia. A group of Thai lawyers filed an injunction to prevent her from being deported back to Saudi Arabia, Phil Robertson, deputy director of Human Rights Watch's Asia division, tells NPR.

Now, authorities in Thailand have reversed their earlier position and called off the deportation, reports NPR's Senior Asia Correspondent Michael Sullivan. "The head of Thailand's immigration police told reporters she would not be returned against her will," Sullivan said. "Supporters hope she'll be given her passport back and allowed to continue her journey to Australia."

I always thought the Saudis were more reasonable people than that. :eek:

The Twitter account sprang into existence over the weekend, posting anguished pleas to anyone who would listen. "I am real, I exist, I am still breathing, but I am not sure I can continue or that I can stay alive unless the Saudi embassy stops pursuing me," wrote 18-year-old Rahaf Mohammed Alqunun from the Thai airport where she was stopped en route to Australia.

The Saudi national said she was fleeing her abusive family, seeking asylum in any western country that would have her. "I'm in real danger," she said.

Human rights groups and western embassies implored the Thai government not to return the woman to Saudi Arabia. A group of Thai lawyers filed an injunction to prevent her from being deported back to Saudi Arabia, Phil Robertson, deputy director of Human Rights Watch's Asia division, tells NPR.

Now, authorities in Thailand have reversed their earlier position and called off the deportation, reports NPR's Senior Asia Correspondent Michael Sullivan. "The head of Thailand's immigration police told reporters she would not be returned against her will," Sullivan said. "Supporters hope she'll be given her passport back and allowed to continue her journey to Australia."

Not reasonable at all. Western leaders and media labeled Assad a brutal dictator (which is a flat out lie) but say nothing about the Saudis.

Saudi Arabia tortured female right-to-drive activists, says Amnesty
Women’s accounts include being given electric shocks and flogged, hung from the ceiling, and subjected to sexual harassment

4923.jpg

VS

The Saudis are the most disgusting human beings on the planet....60 minutes did a piece a few years ago about little boys who race camels for the enjoyment of the rich, who are sodomized and raped on a daily bases by their care givers. These young boys are kept in a camp like environment and were being freed by a UN organization that got the attention of 60 min. and the US gov back in the day.
If there is a hell, these rich motherfuckers are gonna be there waiting for Trump and his family!!

Not reasonable at all. Western leaders and media labeled Assad a brutal dictator (which is a flat out lie) but say nothing about the Saudis.

Women’s accounts include being given electric shocks and flogged, hung from the ceiling, and subjected to sexual harassment

4923.jpg

VS
We gotta have a couple of ME countries to sell arms to..

4923.jpg

VS

I don't get it. I really don't understand why the SA's aren't truly bitch slapped into another galaxy for the shit they pull.

4923.jpg

VS

I don't get it. I really don't understand why the SA's aren't truly bitch slapped into another galaxy for the shit they pull.
Paterna Famalia is strong in this nation and the US turns a blind eye due to the flow of cash. Hell, Bush let Saudis take out a couple of towers in NYC.

4923.jpg

VS

They get away with shit because the world is lickin their oily ass's for oil. I have no doubt that the future of this nation is gonna end badly, God don't like ugly

4923.jpg

VS

Paterna Famalia is strong in this nation and the US turns a blind eye due to the flow of cash. Hell, Bush let Saudis take out a couple of towers in NYC.
And this country, never ever ever ever ever brings that shit up, that the people that took us down, came from SA

4923.jpg

VS

They get away with shit because the world is lickin their oily ass's for oil. I have no doubt that the future of this nation is gonna end badly, God don't like ugly
Those people need to get hip to the trip and join the rest of the world in the 21st century.

4923.jpg

VS

And this country, never ever ever ever ever brings that shit up, that the people that took us down, came from SA
And don't forget to respect your betters for it.

I'm sure most Western countries would grant this woman asylum.

"I don't know if we can..."

"I'm not a Muslim anymore."

"Well, come on in."

Forum List

Back