Saudi prince wants lower oil prices

Another thing on the Saudi Prince's mind is the fact that when oil prices spiked Russia surpassed Saudi Arabia to become the number one oil producer in the world in October of 2008. Saudi is going to have to lower it's price to get it's market share back. We could be seeing the start of oil price wars.

People forget stuff. In 1986 the Sauds drove the price of oil down to $11 bbl...it shut the old Soviet Union down. Reagan and 'Star Wars' technology were ancillary. In the short term, they can do it if they want to.

The lowest cost per barrel producer always wins.

Low oil prices may have hurt Russia's oil sector, but it also helps the rest of the economy. Surly the Saud's pushing down oil prices was not the major factor in Russia's collapse.

Jiggsy, why do you pretend that a blog, like TOD, is a source of anything except the ideas of a few people who in most cases aren't any smarter than you are on this topic?

Before TOD arranged their latest echo chamber, good ol' boy backslapping and choir singing church exercise in Washington, TOD was challenged to actually invite a world class scientist in the geoscience and resource fields to speak to the congregation. The guy recommended also happens to be a Hubbert historian, and would have been happy to attend.

The person who dared to know and name a real life, published and peer reviewed scientist on the topic was summarily banned.

Sounds to me like they are as afraid of a bright light being introduced under their rock as you are. You aren't shilling for that particular blog are you? Things been a bit slow since peak oil happened and no one noticed? Need to ramp up the scare factor to drive some traffic there way perhaps?

What in God's name are you even babbling about, shale oil salesman?

I swear, you send yourself text alerts so you can scurry back to the site and response with your latest screed within minutes. Pablum that never addresses the subject matter, but tries to desperately discredit the host, or the host of the host, or the uncle of someone who may have hosted the host of the host. It's all you have at this point. Tool.

You wouldn't last 5 minutes on ToD without being laugh-out-loud rejected as a classic industry shill.

The essay was written by a senior analyst at Mercator International, LLC.

Do you have anything to counter what he wrote, or are you just stuck in damage control mode at this point, you unrivaled fraud?

My gawd, do you ever suck at this.

RGR = Regurgitated Generic Rhetoric

You wouldn't last 5 minutes on ToD without being laugh-out-loud rejected as a classic industry shill.

Not true at all. I lasted for nearly 4 years, before recommending that actual expert. They couldn't face the reality of actual science any better than you.

Since 2004 the USA has been using more domestic oil & less foreign oil. We now use 10% less foreign vs domestic than in 2004. President George W. Bush really did reduce our dependence on foreign oil. Our Independence from foreign oil was gaining speed until Barack Obama took office. Now the US oil dependence chart is flattening. Between Obama & Saudi Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal they will have the USA back more dependent on foreign oil before we can get Obama out of office. HEY HEY HO HO BARACK OBAMA HAS GOT TO GO!!!

twip_110525.jpg

Last edited:
"We don't want the West to go and find alternatives, because, clearly, the higher the price of oil goes, the more they have incentives to go and find alternatives," said Saudi Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal

He also said on CNBC that he wants to lower oil prices to $75 a barrel.

The Oil Shale, Ethanol, Oil Sands, Shale Gas, GTL, LNG, CNG & Electric are eating into the Saudi Market Share of the USA Energy Consumption. Energy conservation is also playing a huge part.

I think the real concern is that high oil prices also quash demand and stunt economic growth.

Additionally, a stable price of $75 as opposed to wild fluctuations would go a long way toward encouraging investment in the oil and gas industry. Long range business planning is extremely difficult in such an environment.

Not true at all. I lasted for nearly 4 years, before recommending that actual expert. They couldn't face the reality of actual science any better than you.

LOL.... You live in a fucking fantasy world, and it's so sad, you have to fall back to unfalsifiable claim in order to prop up your piss-poor overall argument. What was your handle on there then?

Keep ignoring 90% of my posts. Keep clinging to whatever you can spin. Keep clinging to Civil War history.

Keep swimming upstream, little salmon.

Looks like $4 is what the market can handle right now. It has topped out and is on the way down, hopefully helping the economy regain the momentum that it had.

Forum List

Back