Saudi judge refuses to annul marriage of girl, 8

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Modbert, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
  2. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,051
    Modern slave trading of ones children still alive and well in many parts of the world.

3. Modbert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    Oh I understand that. I just figured I'd post this article since I saw it and made me just shake my head.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    I guess I should say that this story is shocking... But then considering some of the sick fucks we've have on this forum lately...

5. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,441
    Did you notice the part where the reason the judge wouldn't annul the marriage is because the child's MOTHER requested it and she isn't considered the "legal guardian" of the child?

Sure Islam has huge respect for women.... :cuckoo:

6. auditor0007

auditor0007 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,218
    Oh come on people; we have to learn to accept the ways of other cultures. It important to understand that these are normal people who just view things a bit differently than us. Don't worry that they might want to force their ass backward ways upon us sometime down the road. Let's just be friends. :cuckoo:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Modbert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    I did see that and disgusted me as well. All the more reason why church and state should and need to be seperated.

8. Lycurgus

Lycurgus Who is Obama, really...??

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258
    Well, I made sure that the father was on my side before I committed statutory rape. And of course I waited until she could at least pass to get into the bars. They really need to rethink their customs over there.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  9. Anguille

Anguille Bane of the Urbane

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,137
    Jewish women
    The Role of Orthodox Jewish Women
    By Adherents.com

It is no secret that orthodox Jewish women have different rules set forth than other Jewish women. Those who live an orthodox life work to fulfill what they believe to be the pure teachings of their religion. Because of that, they adapt their lives to those teachings. They follow a strict code and most parts of their lives are structured.

One of the most important rules for orthodox Jewish women is they must wear modest clothing. In most cases, girls and women wear long skirts and avoid pants. Also, many orthodox women cover their hair. They can do that with a wig or a scarf.

There are also rules of family purity orthodox Jewish women must follow. They cannot have contact with their husbands while they are menstruating, or for seven days after menstruation has stopped. This is something that is strictly believed, as the women are not clean while they are menstruating.

Women are also not allowed to have a voice in the orthodox rabbinical court. This has led to some problems in the court systems, as women are sometimes left without a voice when they need one.

While there are strict rules for women who are part of the orthodox faith, they have been given much more freedom in recent years. Now, they have more educational opportunities than ever before. It has been decided they should be able to get the quality of education they would get if they were not orthodox.

There has been talk about expanding the changes for orthodox Jewish women past educational opportunities. However, many of those talks have stalled due to steadfast opponents. There has been a great debate over whether or not women should be granted more rights since society is changing. It is expected that new rights will slowly trickle down to the orthodox women, but it will not happen as fast as it has for other Jewish women.

The roles of orthodox Jewish women are always going to be different than the roles of other Jewish women. The orthodox ideologies have more rules, and there are different expectations. However, orthodox Jewish women have experienced some changes over the years, and changes will likely continue, even if they are in a slow fashion.

--

The author, Adherents, runs the website adherents.com which collects and presents statistics and other information on religion. Adherents.com is the leading authority when referencing religious statistics for the TV news and print media.

The Role of Orthodox Jewish Women - Judaism - Adherents.com

10. geonerd20

geonerd20 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Most of the Middle East - and Saudi Arabia in particular - has got to be the most screwed up place in the world, in you are not a man!! This dumba$$ judge believes that its ok for the 8-year old girl to be married, but she does not have the capability to file for divorce!!! How come the US government does not speak out against pedophilia!?!!?!?!?!?!?? Yet another reason to become energy-independent!