Saudi judge refuses to annul marriage of girl, 8

According to the lawyer, the girl's father arranged the marriage in order to settle his debts with the man, who is "a close friend" of his.

Modern slave trading of ones children still alive and well in many parts of the world.

Modern slave trading of ones children still alive and well in many parts of the world.

Oh I understand that. I just figured I'd post this article since I saw it and made me just shake my head.

I guess I should say that this story is shocking... But then considering some of the sick fucks we've have on this forum lately...

Oh I understand that. I just figured I'd post this article since I saw it and made me just shake my head.

Did you notice the part where the reason the judge wouldn't annul the marriage is because the child's MOTHER requested it and she isn't considered the "legal guardian" of the child?

Sure Islam has huge respect for women.... :cuckoo:

Oh come on people; we have to learn to accept the ways of other cultures. It important to understand that these are normal people who just view things a bit differently than us. Don't worry that they might want to force their ass backward ways upon us sometime down the road. Let's just be friends. :cuckoo:

Did you notice the part where the reason the judge wouldn't annul the marriage is because the child's MOTHER requested it and she isn't considered the "legal guardian" of the child?

I did see that and disgusted me as well. All the more reason why church and state should and need to be seperated.

Well, I made sure that the father was on my side before I committed statutory rape. And of course I waited until she could at least pass to get into the bars. They really need to rethink their customs over there.

Jewish women
The Role of Orthodox Jewish Women
By Adherents.com

It is no secret that orthodox Jewish women have different rules set forth than other Jewish women. Those who live an orthodox life work to fulfill what they believe to be the pure teachings of their religion. Because of that, they adapt their lives to those teachings. They follow a strict code and most parts of their lives are structured.

One of the most important rules for orthodox Jewish women is they must wear modest clothing. In most cases, girls and women wear long skirts and avoid pants. Also, many orthodox women cover their hair. They can do that with a wig or a scarf.

There are also rules of family purity orthodox Jewish women must follow. They cannot have contact with their husbands while they are menstruating, or for seven days after menstruation has stopped. This is something that is strictly believed, as the women are not clean while they are menstruating.

Women are also not allowed to have a voice in the orthodox rabbinical court. This has led to some problems in the court systems, as women are sometimes left without a voice when they need one.

While there are strict rules for women who are part of the orthodox faith, they have been given much more freedom in recent years. Now, they have more educational opportunities than ever before. It has been decided they should be able to get the quality of education they would get if they were not orthodox.

There has been talk about expanding the changes for orthodox Jewish women past educational opportunities. However, many of those talks have stalled due to steadfast opponents. There has been a great debate over whether or not women should be granted more rights since society is changing. It is expected that new rights will slowly trickle down to the orthodox women, but it will not happen as fast as it has for other Jewish women.

The roles of orthodox Jewish women are always going to be different than the roles of other Jewish women. The orthodox ideologies have more rules, and there are different expectations. However, orthodox Jewish women have experienced some changes over the years, and changes will likely continue, even if they are in a slow fashion.

--

The author, Adherents, runs the website adherents.com which collects and presents statistics and other information on religion. Adherents.com is the leading authority when referencing religious statistics for the TV news and print media.

The Role of Orthodox Jewish Women - Judaism - Adherents.com

Most of the Middle East - and Saudi Arabia in particular - has got to be the most screwed up place in the world, in you are not a man!! This dumba$$ judge believes that its ok for the 8-year old girl to be married, but she does not have the capability to file for divorce!!! How come the US government does not speak out against pedophilia!?!!?!?!?!?!?? Yet another reason to become energy-independent!

Most of the Middle East - and Saudi Arabia in particular - has got to be the most screwed up place in the world, in you are not a man!! This dumba$$ judge believes that its ok for the 8-year old girl to be married, but she does not have the capability to file for divorce!!! How come the US government does not speak out against pedophilia!?!!?!?!?!?!?? Yet another reason to become energy-independent!
Pedophiles move to "the kingdom" because they can buy children in that forsaken country. All they have to do is pretend to be Islamic.

Saudi Arabians who immigrate to other countries do not violate the laws of the countries knowingly. Nobody can say that it is in their culture. It is in the law that is established by the religion.

The fact remains that the laws of Saudi Arabia permit this kind of insane molestation of little girls. The laws, based upon the Quran need to be changed to bring that country up to the modern era.

The same thing applies to Afghanistan. Sharia law needs to be voided and ruthlessly stamped out; and these countries need to enter the modern era.

Then, of course there are the multitude of African countries where Sharia law is mandated. Some of the stories out of those countries are appalling to the point that I feel sick just thinking about what happens to women and children under Sharia law. Women are put to death for having inadvertently been alone in a room with a man who is not her husband. If a husband wants to get rid of his wife all he has to do is have one of his male friends testify that the woman was seen in a compromising situation with another male not her husband. Sick, disgusting, satanic backwards religion, sick laws and oppression of females to a degree far beyond insanity.

Pedophiles move to "the kingdom" because they can buy children in that forsaken country. All they have to do is pretend to be Islamic.

Saudi Arabians who immigrate to other countries do not violate the laws of the countries knowingly. Nobody can say that it is in their culture. It is in the law that is established by the religion.

The fact remains that the laws of Saudi Arabia permit this kind of insane molestation of little girls. The laws, based upon the Quran need to be changed to bring that country up to the modern era.

The same thing applies to Afghanistan. Sharia law needs to be voided and ruthlessly stamped out; and these countries need to enter the modern era.

Then, of course there are the multitude of African countries where Sharia law is mandated. Some of the stories out of those countries are appalling to the point that I feel sick just thinking about what happens to women and children under Sharia law. Women are put to death for having inadvertently been alone in a room with a man who is not her husband. If a husband wants to get rid of his wife all he has to do is have one of his male friends testify that the woman was seen in a compromising situation with another male not her husband. Sick, disgusting, satanic backwards religion, sick laws and oppression of females to a degree far beyond insanity.

The bible encourages the same sort of sick, disgusting, sick laws, and oppression of females to a degree far beyond insanity.

This could be a good thing, we could send all our pedophiles to Saudi. I am sure they would enjoy their stay lol

Looks to me that this is a purely cultural action. It looks bad to us because we naturally associate marriage and sex. We also naturally look to marriage as a choice and not something that can be arranged to settle debts.

We need to remember that:

1)The marriage is not allowed to be consumated until the girl is much older.
2)The girl has the right to file a petition to annul the marriage when she comes of age.

Assuming those guidelines are followed and there is no pedophilia involved, i dont really see whats so evil about the cultural differences in and of themselves. They are just odd and quirky. But it seems to me that the girl still has rights.

I did see that and disgusted me as well. All the more reason why church and state should and need to be seperated.

church and state are separated in this country.

It's just not in Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Iraq, Iran, or any of the other shitholes that infest the earth.

Looks to me that this is a purely cultural action. It looks bad to us because we naturally associate marriage and sex. We also naturally look to marriage as a choice and not something that can be arranged to settle debts.

2)The girl has the right to file a petition to annul the marriage when she comes of age.

Assuming those guidelines are followed and there is no pedophilia involved, i dont really see whats so evil about the cultural differences in and of themselves. They are just odd and quirky. But it seems to me that the girl still has rights.

No, the girl has no rights and neither does the mother.Arranged marriages such as this one often end up with the girl being sent to the betrothed's family, where she's more often than not treated like garbage.

1.) Wrong
2.) Wrong

1.) The marriage is allowed to be consumated once the girl hits PUBERTY. So it's not a long while away.

2.) Once she hits puberty. However, she has the right to FILE a petition, doesn't mean she'll get it.

Funny, the article itself does not back up what you guys are asserting. And you've provided only your own word for your claims. Unless there is some actual show of sexual abuse, not just cultural differences in marriage, im not too impressed.

The whole of the Saudi culture leaves me unimpressed. They are far closer to medievel Europe in attitudes toward women and each other than any civilized nation today.

I think you have Saudi Arabia confused with Thailand. Or maybe you don't want to give away the name of your playground?

Forum List

Back