Saudi journalist sentenced to 60 lashes

And these are the people that Bush and Co. pissed away $1 trillion and sacrificed 4,000 American soldiers to save from the horrors of their ruthless neighbor to the north.

I'd like to know exactly what was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO disgraceful in that show that it deserves a death sentence.
Death sentence??

The slut was only given 60 lashes for her crime.

Have you ever heard about the British Army? Few hardened soldiers could survive that man lashes, to say nothing of a woman reporter who will probably go to the beating half starved. So yes 60 lashes for exposing rampant chauvinism in Saudi society sounds excessively harsh.

A Saudi court sentenced a female journalist Saturday to 60 lashes for her work on a controversial Arabic-language TV show that aired an episode in which a man bragged about his sex life, two sources told CNN.

The court in Jeddah also imposed a two-year travel ban on Rosanna Al-Yami, according to a Saudi Information Ministry official, who could not be named because he is not authorized to speak to the media. The ban prevents her from traveling outside Saudi Arabia.

60 lashes just for putting on a show about a man's sex life. The saudi government should be ashamed of it's self

we as a nation need to distance ourself from the Saudi's, they are evil and sadly they pretty much own us right now, time to get away from big oil.

The punishment for adultery is 100 lashes (per 24:2 of the Qur'an.) Sixty lashes for taking part in the production of a program that discusses sex -- not even adultery -- is an unjustifiably harsh punishment. There should be no punishment for her free expression, or for the man's questionable sexual morality unless he committed adultery or rape. This is the Wahhabi heresy that we fund.

At least the King had the decency to pardon the woman. Even he, apparently, sees the flaws in his country's heresy:

Saudi Gazette - King waives lashing sentence

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: del
I'd like to know exactly what was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO disgraceful in that show that it deserves a death sentence.
Death sentence??

Have you ever heard about the British Army? Few hardened soldiers could survive that man lashes, to say nothing of a woman reporter who will probably go to the beating half starved. So yes 60 lashes for exposing rampant chauvinism in Saudi society sounds excessively harsh.

Punishments involving flagellation are carried out in small increments for this reason. Moreover, the person administering the punishment typically does so with a book under his or her arm to ensure that he or she can't strike with too much force; the punishment is not meant to be harsh and should not be carried out in a way that causes permanent damage to the criminal.

Punishments involving flagellation are carried out in small increments for this reason. Moreover, the person administering the punishment typically does so with a book under his or her arm to ensure that he or she can't strike with too much force; the punishment is not meant to be harsh and should not be carried out in a way that causes permanent damage to the criminal.
Thank you for this information Kalam. I am glad to know. It is also heartening to see that the Saudi King is more tolerant than some of the posters on this forum.

It's their country and their laws.

The slut broke them and thus became a criminal.

So why should we care about her punishment?

its their law yes. But would you support them giving your your daugher or son 60 lashes. i can see one or two lashes on the bottom but 60 is far to much.

its their law yes. But would you support them giving your your daugher or son 60 lashes. i can see one or two lashes on the bottom but 60 is far to much.

I agree, 60 was too much

She should have gotten something like 10 lashes

60 is excessive and makes them seem barbaric :doubt:

I agree, 60 was too much

She should have gotten something like 10 lashes

60 is excessive and makes them seem barbaric :doubt:

Seem barbaric??:eusa_eh:

A Saudi court sentenced a female journalist Saturday to 60 lashes for her work on a controversial Arabic-language TV show that aired an episode in which a man bragged about his sex life, two sources told CNN.

She worked on a show which had some objectionable material. That does not make her a slut. You ought to be more careful with your words.

And those who accuse chaste women and then do not produce four witnesses — lash them with eighty lashes and do not accept from them testimony ever after. And those are the defiantly disobedient. Except for those who repent thereafter and reform, for indeed Allaah is Forgiving and Merciful." [Quran 24: 2-5]

• Thanks
Reactions: bao

Forum List

Back