Saudi cleric sparks uproar for showing wife’s face

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I give this couple credit. There are Muslims in other parts of the world who are just as devout as those in Saudi Arabia who have no problem with a woman's face being shown. I don't think any of the Muslim women in Southeast Asia cover their faces.

First Published: 2014-12-16

Ghamedi's spouse speaks of problems their children have at school because of their father's controversial fatwas or edicts.
Middle East Online
caption.gif

_69311_ghamdib.jpg

'The Prophet did not order women to cover their faces'

captionb.gif

DUBAI - A Saudi cleric has sparked uproar by appearing on television along with his wife -- whose face was uncovered in an open challenge to strict tradition in the ultra-conservative Muslim kingdom.

Sheikh Ahmed al-Ghamedi, who has said covering the face is not a must for women under Islam, sat alongside his wife Jawaher bint Ali as she spoke to Dubai-based Saudi MBC television, in a programme broadcast at the weekend.

Continue reading at:

http://www.middle-east-online.com/english/?id=69311

All I see is an ugly dirty dude with smelly facial hair.

Why, Mr. H., his wife might think he is the most handsome guy in the world -- just as yours thinks about you. In addition, I don't think you are able to smell his hair from a picture. I don't go for beards myself, but for all we know, he shampoos his beard all the time or uses a light cologne on it.

Why, Mr. H., his wife might think he is the most handsome guy in the world -- just as yours thinks about you. In addition, I don't think you are able to smell his hair from a picture. I don't go for beards myself, but for all we know, he shampoos his beard all the time or uses a light cologne on it.
My olfactory senses reach far beyond the dimensional. And that guy smells like unbridled shit.

Your OP is focused on his wife, but there is no image of his wife in your post or in the embedded link.

My olfactory senses reach far beyond the dimensional. And that guy smells like unbridled shit.

Your OP is focused on his wife, but there is no image of his wife in your post or in the embedded link.

This story must have been also reported elsewhere. Why not look for it and perhaps you will find a picture of his wife? I am not interested in what his wife looks like. I just think it took courage for them to go against the rules in Saudi Arabia. Haven't you seen any Muslim women from Southeast Asia in your own town wearing beautiful sari-like dresses with a head covering of the same thin material on their heads? I guess my sense of smell is not like yours since I can't imagine what someone smells like just looking at his picture. Your sense of smell would have made it into Ripley's.

Let's just keep this simple.

Fuck you.

This story must have been also reported elsewhere. Why not look for it and perhaps you will find a picture of his wife? I am not interested in what his wife looks like. I just think it took courage for them to go against the rules in Saudi Arabia. Haven't you seen any Muslim women from Southeast Asia in your own town wearing beautiful sari-like dresses with a head covering of the same thin material on their heads? I guess my sense of smell is not like yours since I can't imagine what someone smells like just looking at his picture. Your sense of smell would have made it into Ripley's.
This is your thread, you lazy bitch. It is all about this guy's wife. You posited this from the git-go.

Let's just keep this simple.

Fuck you.

This is your thread, you lazy bitch. It is all about this guy's wife. You posited this from the git-go.

I would suggest you put the bottle down, Mr. H. Every time you have had one too many, you get very, very nasty.

Dayum. Y'all are ornery tonight. Dude is breaking tradition and I think that a good thing. Give the guy some credit.

Well I think that is great, took courage to speak up , for his wife and all women in SA . I do hope they are no punished for doing so.

I give this couple credit. There are Muslims in other parts of the world who are just as devout as those in Saudi Arabia who have no problem with a woman's face being shown. I don't think any of the Muslim women in Southeast Asia cover their faces.

Ghamedi's spouse speaks of problems their children have at school because of their father's controversial fatwas or edicts.
Middle East Online
caption.gif

_69311_ghamdib.jpg

captionb.gif

DUBAI - A Saudi cleric has sparked uproar by appearing on television along with his wife -- whose face was uncovered in an open challenge to strict tradition in the ultra-conservative Muslim kingdom.

Sheikh Ahmed al-Ghamedi, who has said covering the face is not a must for women under Islam, sat alongside his wife Jawaher bint Ali as she spoke to Dubai-based Saudi MBC television, in a programme broadcast at the weekend.

Continue reading at:

I have a feeling the uproar was mostly due to her looks.

UglyWoman.gif

Middle East Online
caption.gif

_69311_ghamdib.jpg

captionb.gif

Continue reading at:

I have a feeling the uproar was mostly due to her looks.

UglyWoman.gif

Oh, Roudy, I don't like she is bad looking. Look at her picture in this article, and you can see that she is an average looking woman.

A Tweet On Women s Veils Followed By Raging Debate In Saudi Arabia Parallels NPR

However, what I find amusing is that "weak hearted" Muslim men can't seem to restrain themselves if they see a woman's face. I once saw two women all covered up (masks and all) down at a park at the marina on a very warm day.. I really felt like going up to them and saying "When in Rome, do as the Romans do." What happens if the men start going to Malibu and see all the women in bikinis. Will they be able to restrain themselves?

Women s veil needed for weak-hearted men Scholar - Emirates 24 7

Forum List

Back