Saudi Child Rapist to be Beheaded

According to the reviews I read, this is old time King. I'm hoping he can go back to writing great novels though. His work since the accident hasn't been stellar.

Nothing will ever top The Stand.

Topic tie in: There were crucifixions in The Stand. :eusa_whistle:

Geez. I'll have to read that. the movie sucked.

I can see where a person would say that having not read the book. While I wanted more from the mini-series, I was at least able to fill in the blanks. Dogbert is correct, the book was too long to translate to a movie, but they came close. I can see a mini-series based on the book, but to be any good, it would need to be twice as long as the one we got from ABC.

Nothing will ever top The Stand.

Topic tie in: There were crucifixions in The Stand. :eusa_whistle:

Children of the Corn had crucifixions too. :eusa_whistle:

And The Stand has always been a favorite. Though I think IT will always have a place as my favorite. Between 1974 and 1988 is perhaps the best fourteen years ever for any author.

Carrie, Salem's Lot, Rage, The Shining, Children of the Corn, Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption, Apt Pupil, The Body (Stand By Me), The Stand, The Dead Zone, Firestarter, Cujo, Danse Macabre, Dark Tower I, Christine, Pet Sematary, It, Dark Tower II, Misery, and the Tommyknockers.

Most Authors could never write so many great books in three lifetimes, never mind 14 years.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back