Saudi Buys A Chunk of FOX NEWS

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=90439
Saudi Prince Buys Large Share of Fox News
16:55 Sep 25, '05 / 21 Elul 5765

(IsraelNN.com) Saudi Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal has purchased 5.46 percent of the Fox corporation, according to Gulf Daily News, raising concern that the conservative Fox News may soften its anti-terror stance due to the views of the new shareholder.

Al-Waleed, the nephew of the late Saudi King Fahd, was in the news when he visited the World Trade Center's remains just after the September 11th attacks and offered then-New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani a $10 million check for relief efforts. Al-Waleed then released a statement blaming US foreign policy and support for Israel for the attacks.

Giuliani returned the prince's check with a statement that, "There is no moral equivalent for this attack. The people who did it lost any right to ask for justification when they slaughtered . . . innocent people ... Not only are those statements wrong, they're part of the problem."

Aren't the neocons always singing the praises of the global free market? Our nation's for sale, to the highest bidder? Never mind honor, go for the cash? Free trade, global trade, NAFTA, CAFTA, Wall Street's wish is the government's command, etcetera? Sell all our land to the Japanese, move all our factories to China, import the people from Mexico, rent our military to Israel, blah blah? Because hey, screw America, let's just all get rich like Brazil's elite?

A Saudi owning a big chunk of Fox just fits in to that whole scheme perfectly. I can only laugh.

William Joyce said:
Aren't the neocons always singing the praises of the global free market? Our nation's for sale, to the highest bidder? Never mind honor, go for the cash? Free trade, global trade, NAFTA, CAFTA, Wall Street's wish is the government's command, etcetera? Sell all our land to the Japanese, move all our factories to China, import the people from Mexico, rent our military to Israel, blah blah? Because hey, screw America, let's just all get rich like Brazil's elite?

A Saudi owning a big chunk of Fox just fits in to that whole scheme perfectly. I can only laugh.

It's ugly sounding but I think you made a pretty good assessment.

Sounds like he made a good investment.

I remember when the fear was the Japanese were taking over the nation by buying real estate...

I think the nation can survive a Saudi who invests in TV.

Forum List

Back