Saudi beauty queen

I guess it's considered bigoted these days to stand up for the vulnerable and oppressed.

I wasn't calling anyone here a bigot. I said I'm not a bigot. I know that there are abuses in the name of religion. I am not going to disparage an entire religion because of their actions.

What about Mohammed, the Prophet of Islam, will you judge him, on his examples? The examples are there for the peoiple to follow, that is what the Sunnah is.
  1. The way of life prescribed as normative in Islam, based on the teachings and practices of Muhammad and on exegesis of the Koran. Also called hadith.
  2. Muhammad's way of life viewed as a model for Muslims.
Read it, and get back to us, and tell us then that Mohammed wasn't a bigot, a woman hating maniac.

I guess it's considered bigoted these days to stand up for the vulnerable and oppressed.
Don't pat yourself on the back too hard. You could care less about the plight of some women in Islam - for you, it's simply a convenient excuse to spout bigoted nonsense.

Don't pat yourself on the back too hard. You could care less about the plight of some women in Islam - for you, it's simply a convenient excuse to spout bigoted nonsense.

No, for me it's about encouraging people to fight the pigs in Darfur and other strongholds of Islam where women are raped and degraded.

Nice try, though.

No, for me it's about encouraging people to fight the pigs in Darfur and other strongholds of Islam where women are raped and degraded.

Nice try, though.

I openly support armed resistance against militiamen in Darfur. I'm an ardent supporter of gender equality in Islam and I believe that rape should be a capital offense. All of my religious positions are based on Islamic teachings, so be more careful with that broad brush of yours.

I openly support armed resistance against militiamen in Darfur. I'm an ardent supporter of gender equality in Islam and I believe that rape should be a capital offense. All of my religious positions are based on Islamic teachings, so be more careful with that broad brush of yours.

Thanks to you both for that.

Nice try, though.

So you're one of those "moderate" muslims.

"There is no such thing as moderate Islam. There is no such thing as secular Islam or a secular Muslim. It's the nature of the faith to deny any separation of religion and the state or religion and society. There are numerous sects within Islam. One and all are extremes and not in the least amenable to change. Keep in mind that Islam claims that it is the perfect eternal faith for mankind. Splits have occurred and will continue to occur in Islam. Yet, reformation has not happened in nearly 1400 years and is not going to happen. Islam is carved in granite, just the way it is. No change. Allah's book is sealed.

There are indeed some Muslims who are moderate in the way they practice their religion. These people, for the most part, are culturally Muslims. They don't practice Islam the way it is mandated. They pick and choose. Therefore, "moderate Islam," is no Islam at all. It is not possible."
American Thinker: Moderate Islam Is No Islam

So you're one of those "moderate" muslims.
I'm a Muslim who is familiar with the teachings of his religion. Whether following them as I do makes me "moderate" or not, I don't know or care. Nor do I care about the half-baked opinions of some fringe lunatic apostate. I deal with factual information.

lol

All because I said I thought hijab are attractive :lol:

No need for you to take credit

Maybe you do not understand, maybe you do, it is not about the hijab, it is about oppression..ect
If a woman chooses to express her faith in how she dresses, that is no one's business, nor do I consider it 'oppression'.

Do you get this worked up over Amish women dressing as they do? Or perhaps women of the Pentecostal Holiness faith? My best friend in nursing school was of that faith, and dressed plain, in long skirts and long sleeve shirts, and without makeup or any other adornments, hair severely tied back. That was part of her faith. It was part of who she was. Why are you so intent on condemning Muslim women for doing the same according to their faith and beliefs?

THAT is oppression.

lol

All because I said I thought hijab are attractive :lol:

Maybe you do not understand, maybe you do, it is not about the hijab, it is about oppression..ect
If a woman chooses to express her faith in how she dresses, that is no one's business, nor do I consider it 'oppression'.

Do you get this worked up over Amish women dressing as they do? Or perhaps women of the Pentecostal Holiness faith? My best friend in nursing school was of that faith, and dressed plain, in long skirts and long sleeve shirts, and without makeup or any other adornments, hair severely tied back. That was part of her faith. It was part of who she was. Why are you so intent on condemning Muslim women for doing the same according to their faith and beliefs?

THAT is oppression.

Are you insane, or are you intentionally trying to make it look as if I am "condemning Muslim women? Good lord, you are a manipulater

Hair severely tied back? :lol::lol:

I spoke of a Muslim friend of mine, just to sit and watch you ignore her, and what she experienced, with no concern from you at all

So don't be coy and act as if you are stupid. You cannot be that stupid, RIGHT?

THAT is oppression.

Are you insane, or are you intentionally trying to make it look as if I am "condemning Muslim women? Good lord, you are a manipulater

I spoke of a Muslim friend of mine, just to sit and watch you ignore her, and what she experienced, with no concern from you at all

So don't be coy and act as if you are stupid. You cannot be that stupid, RIGHT?
Unlike you, she apparently realized that your friend's dilemma is not indicative of what most Muslimahs experience.

Do the Amish condone honor killings?

I wasn't aware of that.

How many people have the Amish killed?

None? that's what I thought.

Do the Amish prescribe to the belief that all non-Amish should be killed, and to kill non-Amish, or to rape them, doesn't constitute murder or rape?

Nope.

The parallel is foolish.

THAT is oppression.

Are you insane, or are you intentionally trying to make it look as if I am "condemning Muslim women?
Just the ones who choose to dress according to their beliefs, I guess.

That's funny?

Comments on the thread to that point were about the manner of dress and head cover.

In fact, YOUR post that I responded to was addressing that as well. "What a shame that she covers what I assume is an awsome head of hair."

I had considered responding to the rest of your post, but after watching you respond in such a hateful manner to Kalam, I really didn't want to get into the middle of that between you two. There's obviously a history there. So I chose to respond to the one point. To which you responded in a very nasty manner.

I said I would pray for your friend and her children. Even though you're too hateful to acknowledge that and presume to tell me who I can pray for, I will still do so. Because as much as you like to think that you can tell others what it is they believe and dictate their expressions of faith, you're not going to do so with me and mine.

Last edited:

I wasn't aware of that.

None? that's what I thought.

Do the Amish prescribe to the belief that all non-Amish should be killed, and to kill non-Amish, or to rape them, doesn't constitute murder or rape?

Nope.

The parallel is foolish.
Not at all.

It's being claimed that Muslim women only dress in that manner because they are forced to; I know of many who chose to do so as an expression of their faith. Amish women choose to dress in the manner they do as an expression of their faith. So do you consider them 'forced' or oppressed?

Does Islam? If so, please share any relevant passages from the Qur'an.

When was their very existence threatened by a hostile power?

Does Islam? If so, please share any relevant passages from the Qur'an. Especially regarding rape - I'm very interested in seeing the verse that says raping non-believers is peachy keen.

The parallel is foolish.
Something's foolish alright.

Forum List

Back