Saudi Arabia considers getting rid of child marriage

&

☭proletarian☭

For the first time, the Saudi Arabian state has intervened in the marriage of a preteen girl to an older man, leading some campaigners to speculate that the kingdom could be about to ban the cruel and archaic practice of child marriage.

The government-run Human Rights Commission (HRC) has hired a lawyer to review the case of a 12-year-old girl who was paired off with her father's 80-year-old cousin last year. The girl's mother opposed the marriage and attempted to secure a divorce, but suddenly dropped the case earlier this month with no explanation...

last year...a court in the city of Onaiza repeatedly dismissed a divorce petition by the mother of an 8-year-old girl whose father had sold her into marriage with a man in his 50s.
Saudi Arabia Shifts Course on Child Marriage - AOL News

Sheikh Abdul Aziz al-Teraifi, an official with Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Islamic Affairs, stresses that banning child marriage would be damaging, as it would result in girls being forced into the hijab at a later age, potentially allowing them to mix with unrelated men in a sinful manner:
“Outlawing the marriage of young girls to elderly men will have a negative effect on Saudi society as it will lead to mixing of the sexes which is impermissible in Islam.”
Banning Loli Brides “Bad for Society” | Sankaku Complex

Apparently it goes on in Cananda as well

Immigration: 'Child bride' loophole can't be closed | Canada | News | Toronto Sun

Which might explain a few things about Yukon

☭proletarian☭;2107682 said:
For the first time, the Saudi Arabian state has intervened in the marriage of a preteen girl to an older man, leading some campaigners to speculate that the kingdom could be about to ban the cruel and archaic practice of child marriage.

The government-run Human Rights Commission (HRC) has hired a lawyer to review the case of a 12-year-old girl who was paired off with her father's 80-year-old cousin last year. The girl's mother opposed the marriage and attempted to secure a divorce, but suddenly dropped the case earlier this month with no explanation...

last year...a court in the city of Onaiza repeatedly dismissed a divorce petition by the mother of an 8-year-old girl whose father had sold her into marriage with a man in his 50s.

Sheikh Abdul Aziz al-Teraifi, an official with Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Islamic Affairs, stresses that banning child marriage would be damaging, as it would result in girls being forced into the hijab at a later age, potentially allowing them to mix with unrelated men in a sinful manner:
“Outlawing the marriage of young girls to elderly men will have a negative effect on Saudi society as it will lead to mixing of the sexes which is impermissible in Islam.”

Immigration: 'Child bride' loophole can't be closed | Canada | News | Toronto Sun

well whoop-di-doo....welcome to the 15th cetury, saudi arabia!

I have lived in Saudi Arabia.

Word of advise, never overestimate them.

They got a lot of black goo under their soil and a lot of black goo in their religion.

But then this is the one place on Earth I could not drink, so I may be biased.

Yes mdn, I usually don't get into the shit fights, but you are right, that was diobolically stupid.

I hope the man drinks otherwise there is no hope.

Last edited:
But then this is the one place on Earth I could not drink, so I may be biased.

Nor, could you establish permanent residency in apartheid Saudi Arabia, if you're an infidel.

Apartheid Saudi Arabia? Wipe the drool from your chin you moron.

Correct, apartheid Saudi Arabia, where non-Muslims are denied citizenship and where religious, gender and sexual apartheid are the norm.
Now, you know, stupid.

Yes mdn, I usually don't get into the shit fights, but you are right, that was diobolically stupid.

Stop masturbating in your bedroom, it's depleting your brain cells.

Outside a "cut and paste" from google Marc69 is masturbating while reading our posts, you aint got to share everything with us pervert.

Outside a "cut and paste" from google Marc69 is masturbating while reading our posts, you aint got to share everything with us pervert.

If you ever out-debate me, we'll celebrate in your honor. Don't hold your breath, though, because you know less than nothing.

If you ever out-debate me, we'll celebrate in your honor. Don't hold your breath, though, because you know less than nothing.

What a dumb fucker you are, what do you wish to debate, masturbating, calling people a dunce, if you had half a brain you would see how you began this, by repeating a comment as if I did not understand you the first time, as if I did not now what I knew. Extremely moronic.

So lets see, you were wrong on the British position, did you find my comment there, you were also wrong on how you described Arab character. You were wrong on my position on a Jerusalem on the USA's congressional vote, but that was not debating because you were to pig-headed to see past your bloated ego, I am not the only one who noticed.

Mard69=3 strikes.

Me, point out where I was wrong, when you cannot do this simple task you prove yourself a moron.

go ahead mouth39, (marc39), prove your mouth aint backed up by an empty brain, go back and show what you disagree with.

☭proletarian☭;2107682 said:

They must be trying to reduce Morman immigration?

Nor, could you establish permanent residency in apartheid Saudi Arabia, if you're an infidel.

Apartheid Saudi Arabia? Wipe the drool from your chin you moron.

Correct, apartheid Saudi Arabia, where non-Muslims are denied citizenship and where religious, gender and sexual apartheid are the norm.
Now, you know, stupid.

I see your point now.

My previous critical comment is officially and cheerfully withdrawn.

What a dumb fucker you are, what do you wish to debate, masturbating, calling people a dunce, if you had half a brain you would see how you began this, by repeating a comment as if I did not understand you the first time, as if I did not now what I knew. Extremely moronic.

So lets see, you were wrong on the British position, did you find my comment there, you were also wrong on how you described Arab character. You were wrong on my position on a Jerusalem on the USA's congressional vote, but that was not debating because you were to pig-headed to see past your bloated ego, I am not the only one who noticed.

Mard69=3 strikes.

Me, point out where I was wrong, when you cannot do this simple task you prove yourself a moron.

go ahead mouth39, (marc39), prove your mouth aint backed up by an empty brain, go back and show what you disagree with.

I understand your utter frustration in coming up against someone such as myself who destroys you each time in Middle East affairs. Maybe you ought to just run along and try forums on knitting or ladies' basketball. This is clearly not your forte.

These days my hands are otherwise engaged holding beers and other octane drinks.

As for my brain cells, we started off in the end zone and that is where they seem to be ending up.

One end of the football field is just like the other.

Last edited:
Marriage is invalid unless a desire to marry is expressed by both the husband and the wife-to-be; "selling" daughters is an act of disbelief. The best age for marriage in Islam is identified with the age of majority, which seems to be considerably higher than eight in Saudi Arabia.

Marriage is invalid unless a desire to marry is expressed by both the husband and the wife-to-be; "selling" daughters is an act of disbelief. The best age for marriage in Islam is identified with the age of majority, which seems to be considerably higher than eight in Saudi Arabia.

I guess the judge didn't agree with you....

Saudi judge refuses to annul 8-year-old's marriage - CNN.com

Well, after all, the pedophile Muhammad married a 6 year old infant. The Perfect Man, as Islamos call the child molester.

Forum List

Back