Satan statue

anwin

Jul 27, 2015
India
Hi everyone,

In the context of some people erecting a statue of Satan in Detroit....what are your views?

In my opinion, regardless of how a deity looks...the morals and behaviour patterns encouraged by the group is more important.

If the deity looks nice, gentle and handsome....but if the group encourages divisiveness, pride, selfishness, condemnation of others, violence and so on....then the deity is demonic.

Even if a deity looks ugly and harsh.... but the followers encourage inclusiveness, selflessness, humility, tolerance, peace and nonviolence...then the deity is godly.

Do you think how a deity looks matters more than the morals and ethics of the followers?

Best Wishes.

anwin

...Do you think how a deity looks matters more than the morals and ethics of the followers?

Coming from a Hindu, that's a loaded question if I've ever seen one!

LOL! It is not actually a 'loaded' question. But the fact that I am a Hindu where varied types of deities are worshiped....and its a religion that encourages peace, nonviolence, vegetarianism, passivity and so on....my question is perhaps inevitable! :)

It's well put, but those worshiping the forbiden Idol
-Isaiah 44
are gonna snear at this one cause they notice your point hits home. The carpenter fabricated an idol that they hung on their walls, one of beauty illusions of sinless nature, and they bowed and asked this sinless idol to deliver them.
Christians forget their pastors get the sermon of Lucifer coming as a messenger of perfect Beauty from
Ezekiel 28 and never bother reading it or putting 2+2 together.
Ez28 refers to Jesus being Lucifer including calling him Christ (anointed)Nazarene(cherub=guardian) deemed perfect(sinless). -Ezekiel 28:14-15
The only prophet ever claimed the first and fallen messiah (lucifer comes first) and called Christ nazarene and sinless is Jesus and he fell to the pit acts 2:27
1 peter 3:19 &apostles creed, perdition=fall to the pit thus the only one who can fulfill the son of perdition Lucifer in Ezekiel 28 is Jesus.
Which means there are nany many statues of Satan all over the world, he c9mes as a created image of beauty deceiving 1/3 falling with him.

Once again satan means adversary...who could have been more adversary to israel and her people then the roman empire and the religious system they left behind with jesus as its mask... It is really simple and straightforward.. The many statues to jesus worldwide attest to this fact considering we are commanded not to make any images to anything in heaven and earth i dont think it could be any easier to understand...

I want to clarify that in Hinduism and other Indian religions....there is no equivalent to Satan. There is no separate evil force opposed to God.

In Hinduism, God is the source of everything and is beyond good and evil. The opposites of good and evil exist only for humans and not for God. God is non dual.

We humans are said to develop from evil to good and then go beyond that to reach God....like children start from primary school...move to middle school and then high school.....and then pass out of school altogether.

Last edited:
Satanic group unveils controversial statue in Detroit - Religion News Service

Satanic-temple-detroit-Reuters-grab_Fotor.jpg

Do you think how a deity looks matters more than the morals and ethics of the followers?

without the statue how could someone judge your question, the "morals and ethics of the followers" is imbedded in the statue itself - whether correct or not ...

Satanic group unveils controversial statue in Detroit - Religion News Service

Satanic-temple-detroit-Reuters-grab_Fotor.jpg

without the statue how could someone judge your question, the "morals and ethics of the followers" is imbedded in the statue itself - whether correct or not ...

It is funny to be concerned because most don't understand satanism. People are afraid or upset for no reason. There is no devil worship.

The devil is more a christian concept and they are the ones consumed with the idea.

Bigots and fear mongers care about the statue. It is just a piece of clay

Satanists are probably ROFLOL at the discussions about the statue.

As for the morals and ethics of satanists, you really are clueless. It is a very humanists set of rules and quite rational., but far right don't bother to actually learn about them. They jump to all types or erroneous conclusions

LOL! It is not actually a 'loaded' question. But the fact that I am a Hindu where varied types of deities are worshiped....and its a religion that encourages peace, nonviolence, vegetarianism, passivity and so on....my question is perhaps inevitable! :)

Oh, come on now. You have to admit: some of those Hindu deities are pretty freaky looking!

hindu_gods.jpg

Oh, come on now. You have to admit: some of those Hindu deities are pretty freaky looking!

I don't think you got my point at all.

Yes....some of the Hindu deities are probably quite odd and creepy looking. Some of them are quite pretty and very humane looking also. They have been created over the centuries by different groups of people using their imagination.

And that was my point. That images are not important at all. Even worshipers of very fearsome images in India are usually very peaceful, nonviolent and tolerant people. Most of them are strict vegetarians and will not harm even animals.

My point was exactly that. Its not how a deity looks but the morals that the followers uphold that is important.

What is the use of a very handsome and gentle looking deity if the followers are violent fanatics?!

...Yes....some of the Hindu deities are probably quite odd and creepy looking. ...

Making the question posed in the OP a "loaded one", in my very humble opinion. ;)

ANWIN said:
...Its not how a deity looks but the morals that the followers uphold that is important. ...

I couldn't agree more.

However, while there's a lot to like about Hinduism, I don't personally care for some of the social ramifications related to things like religious vegetarianism (particularly in a country with no shortage of people to feed), arranged marriages, and the unconscionable 'caste system'.

But hey, I guess religion has its drawbacks no matter where or how it's practiced.

anwin said:
...What is the use of a very handsome and gentle looking deity if the followers are violent fanatics?!

In my opinion, no remotely justifiable use whatsoever. :)

There is lot of merit in arranged marriages (not forced marriages... which is different). More on that some other time perhaps. Western people (especially aristocrats) in earlier generations did have arranged marriages largely.

Caste was just a social hierarchy system based on division of labour. It was no different from the system in western countries with Kings, dukes, aristocrats (lords, earls etc.), bakers, smiths, peasants etc. The slavery system in the west is another example.

Cheers.

anwin

I give it a week before some idiot impales himself on that statue......
Like that idiot Jesus who got impaled on a cross?
no, dumbfuck.......like you after your second bottle of cheap wine when you start thinking something up your ass would feel fine.....
Why do christians always mention anal pounding?
it was a Satanist who designed the statue.....take it up with him.......

I give it a week before some idiot impales himself on that statue......
Like that idiot Jesus who got impaled on a cross?
no, dumbfuck.......like you after your second bottle of cheap wine when you start thinking something up your ass would feel fine.....
Why do christians always mention anal pounding?
it was a Satanist who designed the statue.....take it up with him.......
That you mentioned anal pounding AGAIN? Why?

Forum List

Back