Satan Is Under a Curse

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
I was just reading my Gurnall devotional last night and came across the reading about Satan being under a curse. I would add to this that not only is Satan under a curse but the entire world that is lost and under his deception is under a curse. Yet this is not the case for those who are under the Blood of Jesus Christ and who have believed upon Jesus Christ for forgiveness of sins and Salvation at the foot of the cross. Jesus Christ has given Luke 10:19 to His followers.

As Gurnall said, "You will not find a faithful servant sifted and winnowed by this enemy, who did not come off with an honorable victory.

Here then is a brief reading of William Gurnall:

Satan, with all his wit and wiles, will never defeat a soul armed with true grace, nor will the contest ever end in a stalemate. Look into the Word. You will not find a faithful servant sifted and winnowed by this enemy, who did not come off with an honorable victory. Witness David, Job, Peter, and Paul, who were the hardest put to it of any upon record. And lest some should attribute their victory to their own inherent strength, the glory of the victories is attributable to God alone, in who the weak are as strong as the strongest. There are two reasons why the Christian who seems to be so overmatched is yet so unconquerable (2 Corinthians 12:9, James 5:11).

The curse that lies upon Satan is God's curse. God's curse blasts wherever it comes. The Canaanite, along with their neighboring nations were easy prey for Israel, though they were famous for war. Why? Because they were cursed nations. The Egyptians were shrewd people. "Let us deal wisely," they said. Yet God's curse lay like a thorn at Egypt's heart, and was finally her ruin. In fact, when the Israelites, themselves children of the covenant, sinned and became the object of God's curse, they were trampled like dirt under the Assyrian's feet.

An irrevocable curse clings to Satan from Genesis 3:14-15: "And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed....... And as the curse works eternally against Satan, so it operates eternally in the favor of the saints.

For one thing, it prostrates Satan under their feet: "Upon thy belly thou shalt go" (V.14) This prostrate condition of Satan assures believers that the devil can never lift his head - his wily schemes - higher than the saints heels.

He may make you limp, but he cannot take your life, And the bruise which he gives you will be rewarded with the breaking of his own head - the utter ruin of him and his cause.

William Gurnall - Christian in Complete Armour - A daily Reading

This is a precious testimony and a powerful song - let the high praises of God be in the mouths of His people. Amen? Amen! Joshua 1:3 is yours, Saints. It's God's promises that we must lay hold of.

Every place the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you, as I said unto Moses.
Joshua 1:3

And again it is written:

There shall not be any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee:
Joshua 1:5

And again it is written:

This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth: but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
Joshua 1:8

Take hold of what is yours and stand your ground. Sing this song and get the joy of the LORD flowing in you today!

Satan can suck a fat cock. Hes a fuckin choir boy

Listen to these scriptures and receive this as wisdom, G.T.,

I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not. And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities. Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.
Jude 1:8-10

Ok. I want to ask a theist this: Why did God make Satan? Why does EVIL exist? God made EVERYTHING. And he loves us? Why doesn't God just make evil go away right NOW. He supposedly can do that, right? I don't get this, never have. Everything is a test, Job, all the suffering we go through, a test. WHY? If god mapped this out, and there is a plan, what is that plan? to tease and torture mortals ? Is God a sadist? I am not seeing God's love or a divine plan so much as random happenstance swept under the rug.

I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not. And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities. Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.
There no wisdom in the scriptures above and beyond anything outside of the human mind.

Plus, theyre fuck all dumb in terms of not realizing their internal contradictions. Amd retardedness, lack of science and grasp of reality.

Wipe my ass with them.

There no wisdom in the scriptures above and beyond anything outside of the human mind.

Plus, theyre fuck all dumb in terms of not realizing their internal contradictions. Amd retardedness, lack of science and grasp of reality.

Wipe my ass with them.
No smoking?

Ok. I want to ask a theist this: Why did God make Satan? Why does EVIL exist? God made EVERYTHING. And he loves us? Why doesn't God just make evil go away right NOW. He supposedly can do that, right? I don't get this, never have. Everything is a test, Job, all the suffering we go through, a test. WHY? If god mapped this out, and there is a plan, what is that plan? to tease and torture mortals ? Is God a sadist? I am not seeing God's love or a divine plan so much as random happenstance swept under the rug.

Mary, God did everything he is ever going to do on a tree at Calvary. When Jesus said, It is finished? He meant it. It is finished.

The authority is in the Believers heart and in their mouth. Jesus Christ came to earth that we may Know Him. That we may Know God. First and foremost. This was the reason for our being created in the first place! To have a relationship with God! God came to earth in the flesh to redeem us from the curse of sin and death which is why He went to the cross - that whosoever would believes in their hearts and confess with their mouth that Jesus died on the cross for our sins and rose on the 3rd day from the grave would be saved.

Once we are saved the authority that Satan stole from Adam in the garden - is given back to us - as Believers in Christ. But we must use this authority. What good would it be for a police officer to have all authority given him in a city and not use it?

There is no reason on earth for any Christian to not be walking in victory over Satan because Christ accomplished that victory at Calvary!

So as one preacher recently put it - God is waiting for you! When you bind? God will bind in heaven. When you loose? God will loose in heaven! When you pray? God will answer! The truth is.....God is waiting on us!

It is written:

Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
Matthew 18:18

and again it is written:
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
Luke 10:19

and again it is written:

If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
John 17:5

and again.......
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
Matthew 7:7

and sometimes it is because of this........

Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.
James 4:3

The truth is no man (or woman) is greater than their prayer life. Prayer is what moves God's hand. Sometimes it is prayer and fasting that is required but always, always, always, God's hand is moved by prayer.

When the end finally comes and God empties history and puts every mans story before the world on one huge screen - a this was your life movie so to speak - at the Judgment Seat of Christ - it will come as a great surprise to many as to how much could have been accomplished by prayer / prayer and fasting - but was not accomplished because the church chose to follow the pattern of the world rather than the teachings set forth by the Word of God. Everything that is hidden at this moment will be revealed in that day. Nixon's lost 18 minutes on tape were not lost in heaven. It will be replayed before the world. Hillary Clinton's erased emails were not lost in heaven. It will all be read before the entire masses of people who ever lived from Adam to the last person - on that day. Not a single soul has gotten away with anything. It shall all be dealt with at the judgment. But while we are alive let us fight the good fight of faith and be found faithful servants of God, Mary. Pray without ceasing and let God see your faithfulness. Then you will be rewarded in that day. Is your name written in the Lamb's book of Life? It is not church membership God shall be looking for in that day - but is your name recorded in the Lamb's book of life? Read Romans 10:9,10 and receive that promise for yourself today if you have not already. Today is the day of Salvation. Have a blessed evening.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: jan
Thank you. Mary was the mother of Jesus, and with THAT same name, you think I need THAT particular lecture? Bless you. But, why does GOD allow all the evil in the world when he could just as well smother it himself? What is your personal opinion, no biblical quote, just you.

Thank you. Mary was the mother of Jesus, and with THAT same name, you think I need THAT particular lecture? Bless you. But, why does GOD allow all the evil in the world when he could just as well smother it himself? What is your personal opinion, no biblical quote, just you.
She can't answer without conferring to that which she doesn't move/think/act without: The Bible.

I honestly don't know why she thinks usmb is her church, either.

Jeremiah:
Christianity was/is satanism, the fact you bring up Jesus proves this especially when you nor any pastor preacher ever dares to tell us which historical christ figure are you calling Jesus?

I would love to see Jesus show up RIGHT now, tickled pink. But for all those people that believed in Zeus or Thor or the bodhisattva , that might peeve them off a bit.

As a Christian, I would comment and have much to say on the subject but the OP believes I'm hell-bound. Have a nice day. :)
You too? Sigh. Poor Jeri. She is cursed herself to be living in such fear of God. Pretty sure He is bummed about that.

I'm not sure if you are addressing me or not but if you are - that was an answer to your question. My personal opinion is not an answer because my opinion is not needed to confirm God's Word, Mary. God's Word does not ask for an opinion nor does it need one. On that note - the Bible confirms that Mary was the chosen vessel to be the mother of Jesus Christ on this earth. After his birth however she went on to have other children. You will find the names of the brothers of Jesus listed in the New Testament and he also had sisters although their names are not listed.

Mary was a sinner saved by grace. The bible is very clear that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Mary was not an exception. Mary was born with the sin of Adam just as you and I were. She could not enter into the kingdom of God without believing on Jesus Christ as her savior and repenting of her sins. No man (or woman) can come to the Father except through the Son, Jesus Christ. There is no salvation in the name of Mary. But you do have a nice name!

I have a video that will help you understand the truth of what is going on - and that the Judgment Seat of Christ in the future shall require every living soul to give an account of their lives. Every living soul. No exceptions.

This video will explain much of what you were asking about, Mary. Leonard Ravenhill is one of the most effective ministers of the Gospel in the past 100 years. With good reason. He had a powerful prayer life. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back