Satan has a credit card, just for you.

DKSuddeth

Oct 20, 2003
North Texas
http://rn01.rednova.com/news/stories/5/2003/11/27/story001.html

NEW YORK (AP) - For the forgetful bionic man or woman in your life, here's a credit card they can't possibly leave home without: a microchip the size of a grain of rice implanted in the arm.

The VeriChip, which transmits a unique I.D. number by radio frequency to a scanner, actually has been implanted in more than 30 people for a variety of potential applications, including as a building I.D. "badge," medical "bracelet" and anti-kidnapping device.

Now the chip's creator, Applied Digital Solutions Inc. (ADSX) of Palm Beach, Fla., is pitching it as a digital wallet that could automatically make purchases in stores.

The device employs radio frequency identification technology, or RFID, which companies such as Wal-Mart Stores are testing for more mundane purposes such as tracking inventory and ringing up products at the register.

For example, a chip embedded in a product or its packaging can transmit signals informing the retailer that it has been removed from a shelf or purchased and needs replacing.

But how does one install such a chip in a human? Easy, says Applied Digital:

"The standard location of the microchip is in the triceps area between the elbow and the shoulder of the right arm. The brief outpatient 'chipping' procedure lasts just a few minutes and involves only local anesthetic followed by quick, painless insertion of the VeriChip.

"Once inserted just under the skin, the VeriChip is inconspicuous to the naked eye. A small amount of radio frequency energy passes from the scanner energizing the dormant VeriChip, which then emits a radio frequency signal transmitting the verification number."

So will muggers start carrying around scalpels to steal your wallet?

Damn, they think of everything! I gotta get me one of these. I'm still waiting to get my xray spy glasses from my Bazook Joe bubble gum when I was 7.

I don't think this will catch on very quickly.

For example, a chip embedded in a product or its packaging can transmit signals informing the retailer that it has been removed from a shelf or purchased and needs replacing.

can you say 'robot stockers'?

Now we can start getting rid of all those pesky walmart retail jobs as well.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This is kinda eerie... I remember doing a paper in Junior High/High School on the Armageddon, and the signs leading up to it. I remember this as being one of them... ID chips implanted in each person. Kinda gave me the heebie jeebies reading the thread. Anyone else heard of that?

Regardless... I hate even going to the dentist, I think I'll opt out of surgical implantation of my wallet.

I remember my teen years and having discussions with my mother over 'the mark of the beast' and how it would be identity chips that are implanted in you.

it makes you think, like jim said
I don't think this will catch on very quickly.
but when will a government body feel that having that quick identity for airport scanners and courtrooms or those driver license renewal fees and traffic tickets taken care of in the flash of an electronic wand is a good thing?

I think the chip should be mandatory for anyone convicted of theft. That way if they shop lift, they and the item can be tracked.:D

I think the chip should be mandatory for anyone convicted of theft. That way if they shop lift, they and the item can be tracked.

maybe we can put explosive collars on them also and pair them up so that if they try to escape then the collars detonate.........what was that movie?

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
maybe we can put explosive collars on them also and pair them up so that if they try to escape then the collars detonate.........what was that movie?
That's pretty funny.:D

I wish it was funny, MtnBiker. Considering the over-reaching arms of our current US Attorney General, I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't become mandatory. Some of you folks have no idea at all about the danger this administration imposes on us. A few soldiers dying on foriegn lands ain't anything to you, is it? A few civilians wasting away in prison forever doesn't register either. A chip or two is just research folly, I (You) won't ever have that. On and on and on and on. The very best of our national aspirations have been ridiculed while the worst of them have become reality. It ain't gonna stop with implanted "chips".

I apologise if I've upset you. I've been around for a long time and not much surprises me anymore.

Uh, Psyco, I believe DKSuddeth was being sarcastic with his response toward Colehart's post and I was agreeing with that sarcasm. I'm no big fan of chipping. Take a chill pill dude.

Psycho, what the hell did your post have to do with the topic? Where in that article did you see anything about Ashcroft or the current administration? Damn, talk about a broken record!

Hey DK, that really is spooky! I had heard something about this a couple years ago. Believe it or not, I heard this from a person that couldn't stand Clinton and how the Clinton's wanted this to be passed, that we all have chips in us to know who we all are.

Talk about pushing time ahead!!!! they aren't implanting no damn chip in me.

BTW DK, is that avatar you, or something you found? sure looks a lot like Michael Bolton.

BTW DK, is that avatar you, or something you found? sure looks a lot like Michael Bolton

well now I don't know whether to claim its me or not.

actually, it is me. I feel so embarrassed now....:confused: :confused:

:fu2: it is now officially driving me nuts because I cant think of this. I WILL have the answer by the end of this day.

actually, it is me. I feel so embarrassed now

Put my vote in for keeping the Avatar... :)

Considering the over-reaching arms of our current US Attorney General, I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't become mandatory. Some of you folks have no idea at all about the danger this administration imposes on us. A few soldiers dying on foriegn lands ain't anything to you, is it? A few civilians wasting away in prison forever doesn't register either. A chip or two is just research folly, I (You) won't ever have that. On and on and on and on. The very best of our national aspirations have been ridiculed while the worst of them have become reality. It ain't gonna stop with implanted "chips".

Really Psycho... back away from the bong, dude.

We started this thread talking about micro-chips being implanted, and when it swings your way, you toss soldiers dying on foriegn lands in there. I love your posts, but you seriously need a hobby.

no chip implant for me...I have enough fake crap inside me now...Does make a person wonder though...could they use this 'chip' to track a persons whereabouts? shopping /eating habits?scary aint it

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
and what do you think those little 'value cards' for your grocery stores do?

Which is why I don't use them. Strictly cash n dash!

Hell, I even delete my cookies on my computer daily.

Forum List

Back