Sarkozy Skewers Obama

The Sarkozy quote is representative of Obama's middling treatment by the European media and governmental elite who view him as something of a pop culture anomaly and not one yet worthy of serious consideration.

I recall someone in here saying something to the effect, "Europe loves Obama!" and then citing American news agency reports from Europe which were somewhat in contrast to actual European news reports of the trip.

Obama is popular - that is not in dispute. Whether or not he is respected, that is very much in dispute.

stupid_obama_jpg_w300h2421.jpg

Obama could look like a Ken Doll, woo like Ronald Reagan, speak like Winston Churchill, shoot like Jack Bauer, preach like Billy Graham, lead armies like George Patton, cut taxes like Grover Norquist, and walk on water like Jesus Christ, and the rabid ConCult would denigrate and disrespect him anyway. Why? Because he won and you lost.

Pathetic.

PoliticalChic said:
Some nails in the coffin: a stimulus bill that doesn't stimulate, a treasury sec'y who doesn't pay taxes, his 'special olympics' joke, laughing about the economy on 60 Minutes, DOJ attacks right wingers a day before the Tea Parties, North Korea fires its missile 'in his face,'
bows to the king of Saudi Arabia, Europe gives him zero fighting troops, Europe refuses to kick in the 2 % Stimulus he asked for, says he doesn't speak Austrian, snubs Gordon Brown, and kicks in for DVD's and gives the Queen an IPOD.
Classy?

How long before self-respecting Democrats, not the yellow dog dems, say to this administration "enough"?

Well...a helluva lot more 'damage' than any of the above, for sure. Other than the stim package that IS already working, the rest of it is nothing more than right-wing political dustup. Yawn....

the u.s. has never been france's number 1 ally. i guess what hurts is that his opinion is fairly accurate.

you think so? maybe... if one looks at the opinion itself and not the misleading, inflammatory garbage contained in the thread title... since Sarkozy far from skewered obama.... unless, of course, one is walking through right wingnut world.

as for sarkozy, is he wrong that there are issues on which obama hasn't formulated policy? i'm sure he's correct about that. and? sometimes it's not a bad idea to actually learn about topics before formulating policy, something perhaps our recently retired pres would have benefitted from.

does obama have something of a learning curve? probably... but so would anyone going into the presidency who actually cares about doing a good job.

not to mention the fact that if sarkozy had said anything about bush, said identical rightwingnuts would be screaming about french cowards, how we're the U.S. and don't care what anyone else thinks; and demand that stores go back to selling freedom fries because of the damn, cowardly French. :cuckoo:

as for "nail in the coffin"... what "coffin" would that be in wingnutworld? the one where he's had almost a 61% approval rating for months?

yah... i'm sure he's concerned. :cuckoo:

i was only addressing the quote, not the barnacles that became attached to it. i think sarkozy was pretty accurate in assessing obama at this point in time.

PoliticalChic said:
Some nails in the coffin: a stimulus bill that doesn't stimulate, a treasury sec'y who doesn't pay taxes, his 'special olympics' joke, laughing about the economy on 60 Minutes, DOJ attacks right wingers a day before the Tea Parties, North Korea fires its missile 'in his face,'
bows to the king of Saudi Arabia, Europe gives him zero fighting troops, Europe refuses to kick in the 2 % Stimulus he asked for, says he doesn't speak Austrian, snubs Gordon Brown, and kicks in for DVD's and gives the Queen an IPOD.
Classy?

How long before self-respecting Democrats, not the yellow dog dems, say to this administration "enough"?

Well...a helluva lot more 'damage' than any of the above, for sure. Other than the stim package that IS already working, the rest of it is nothing more than right-wing political dustup. Yawn....

. How about ‘politicizing the Attn’y General’s office with Eric Holder, who called Americans cowards, and lied at confirmation hearing about what he knew about the Marc Rich pardon, Lula of Brazil blames the economic meltdown on ‘blonde haired, blue eyed people,’ and then Obama says ‘I love this guy,” President Obama's nominee to be chief performance officer, Nancy Killefer, drops out due to failure to pay taxes,
Kathleen Sebelius, President Obama's nominee to become Health and Human Services secretary, said in a letter obtained by the Associated Press that she made "unintentional errors" on her taxes and has corrected her returns from three different years. Tom Daschle, the president's first HHS nominee, previously withdrew from consideration over tax issues, US Trade Representative Ron Kirk and Labor Secretary Hilda Solis, meanwhile, were confirmed despite issues related to their taxes.
Bill Richardson, Obama's choice for commerce secretary, withdrawing under pressure of a federal investigation.

Proud of any of this?

PoliticalChic said:
Classy?

. How about ‘politicizing the Attn’y General’s office with Eric Holder, who called Americans cowards, and lied at confirmation hearing about what he knew about the Marc Rich pardon, Lula of Brazil blames the economic meltdown on ‘blonde haired, blue eyed people,’ and then Obama says ‘I love this guy,” President Obama's nominee to be chief performance officer, Nancy Killefer, drops out due to failure to pay taxes,
Kathleen Sebelius, President Obama's nominee to become Health and Human Services secretary, said in a letter obtained by the Associated Press that she made "unintentional errors" on her taxes and has corrected her returns from three different years. Tom Daschle, the president's first HHS nominee, previously withdrew from consideration over tax issues, US Trade Representative Ron Kirk and Labor Secretary Hilda Solis, meanwhile, were confirmed despite issues related to their taxes.
Bill Richardson, Obama's choice for commerce secretary, withdrawing under pressure of a federal investigation.

Proud of any of this?

Of course not. And I've said many times (maybe not read here) that I think those people should have saved Obama embarrassment by declining their nominations beforehand. I also called for Tim Geithner to step down (now I'm not so sure--willing to give him more time). When Bush's nominees were under the confirmation process, the committee(s) didn't use the IRS as a weapon against any of them; thus we'll never know how many of THEM actually "mistakenly" didn't pay income taxes.

It's difficult to get talented people into the respective disciplines needed, so the fact that some of them had tax issues is a moot point for me.

That said, I also don't think that Republicans can claim any innocence, especially where any kind of corruption is concerned. The list is way long.

Proud of any of this?

Of course not. And I've said many times (maybe not read here) that I think those people should have saved Obama embarrassment by declining their nominations beforehand. I also called for Tim Geithner to step down (now I'm not so sure--willing to give him more time). When Bush's nominees were under the confirmation process, the committee(s) didn't use the IRS as a weapon against any of them; thus we'll never know how many of THEM actually "mistakenly" didn't pay income taxes.

It's difficult to get talented people into the respective disciplines needed, so the fact that some of them had tax issues is a moot point for me.

That said, I also don't think that Republicans can claim any innocence, especially where any kind of corruption is concerned. The list is way long.

I think that that was a good answer.

But let's stay on point here. Sarkozy's statements include "inexperienced and badly briefed ," and "is not always operating at a level of decision-making and efficiency," and, unfortunately for all of us, these 'nails' are indicative of same.

Proud of any of this?

I would think after all the goof ups it would make you question the judgement of the obamalama.. after all he has a long history of hanging around with racist preachers, bomber terrorists, tax evaders, corrupt business men like Rezko,, (no he didn't know about him either did he?) Dayuuum! just Dayuuum!

The Sarkozy quote is representative of Obama's middling treatment by the European media and governmental elite who view him as something of a pop culture anomaly and not one yet worthy of serious consideration.

I recall someone in here saying something to the effect, "Europe loves Obama!" and then citing American news agency reports from Europe which were somewhat in contrast to actual European news reports of the trip.

Obama is popular - that is not in dispute. Whether or not he is respected, that is very much in dispute.

stupid_obama_jpg_w300h2421.jpg

Obama could look like a Ken Doll, woo like Ronald Reagan, speak like Winston Churchill, shoot like Jack Bauer, preach like Billy Graham, lead armies like George Patton, cut taxes like Grover Norquist, and walk on water like Jesus Christ, and the rabid ConCult would denigrate and disrespect him anyway. Why? Because he won and you lost.

Pathetic.

If he was all that...the democrats would never elect him. :lol:

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Proud of any of this?

I would think after all the goof ups it would make you question the judgement of the obamalama.. after all he has a long history of hanging around with racist preachers, bomber terrorists, tax evaders, corrupt business men like Rezko,, (no he didn't know about him either did he?) Dayuuum! just Dayuuum!

Not on this board, but I was also one of the first ones out of the box to criticize loudly the fact that the Obamas attended the church led by Rev. Wright. I said that he should immediately disown and disavow that fanatic and drop out of the race if necessary. That was before his Philadelphia speech, and before I did EXTENSIVE background reading on Wright, Obama and what that entire community represented (not just the occasional--yes--occasional rants by Wright). What the church and Obama attempted to do was precisely what the right wing rails that poor people should do: Pull themselves up by their own bootstraps.

Obama NEVER, EVER "hung around" with Bill Ayers. A fact. He did one real estate deal with Rezko--perfectly legal. The fact that Rezko was involved with other shady deals was one of those so-whats? to me.

You're obviously somebody who laps up viral emails and stores away snippets of information, assuming it's all the gospel truth. It isn't.

Not on this board, but I was also one of the first ones out of the box to criticize loudly the fact that the Obamas attended the church led by Rev. Wright. I said that he should immediately disown and disavow that fanatic and drop out of the race if necessary. That was before his Philadelphia speech, and before I did EXTENSIVE background reading on Wright, Obama and what that entire community represented (not just the occasional--yes--occasional rants by Wright). What the church and Obama attempted to do was precisely what the right wing rails that poor people should do: Pull themselves up by their own bootstraps.

Obama NEVER, EVER "hung around" with Bill Ayers. A fact. He did one real estate deal with Rezko--perfectly legal. The fact that Rezko was involved with other shady deals was one of those so-whats? to me.

You're obviously somebody who laps up viral emails and stores away snippets of information, assuming it's all the gospel truth. It isn't.

That church was so proud of those rants.. jeez.. the put them on sale in the lobby.. and the whole congregation was about to orgasm with joy at hating on Hillary,,and Bill, their lifelong advocate well "Bill been riding dirty" some church!

I did not read all the posts so if this posted already forgive me.

Obama sent a letter to Sarkozy, calling Sarkozy Chirac.Barack Obama Insults the French - Associated Content

So Obama got off to a bad start.

Add that to Obama's weakness in the face of Turkey at the Nato summit, seems Turkey did not want the Danish president to be leader of the EU and Obama was siding with Turkey untill Sarkozy kicked Obama in the ass, thats why Sarkozy says Obamba is week.

On top of that Obama was arrogantly pushing to have Turkey admitted to the EU, Sarkozy got pissed and said its none of obama's business, its Europes business.

Obama, Sarkozy clash over Turkey’s EU bid - INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos

So Obama bowed to Saudi Arabia, lost standing in Europe pushing Turkey's agenda, Obama got his buttkicked by four teenage boys in a row boat for five days while the world watched, its no wonder NATO will not commit the amount of troops Obama wants.

Further Obama gave the World Bank and Internatinal Monetetary Fund regulatory power of US banks.

No man can be this stupid, Obama is purposely destroying us.

Its no wonder his paid community organizers are posting here, trying to distract us, denigrate us, change the subject.

Maybe Osama Hussien Barack really is a moslem, bows to the moslem king,does moslem turkey's bidding bids on the world stage, gives the pirates five days to escape, does nothing when there are further pirate attacks, follows moslem saudi arabia policy in demanding israel give half the country so sunni arabs (palestinian arabs), Obama even gave his first interview as president to the moslems.

I did not read all the posts so if this posted already forgive me.

Obama sent a letter to Sarkozy, calling Sarkozy Chirac.Barack Obama Insults the French - Associated Content

So Obama got off to a bad start.

Add that to Obama's weakness in the face of Turkey at the Nato summit, seems Turkey did not want the Danish president to be leader of the EU and Obama was siding with Turkey untill Sarkozy kicked Obama in the ass, thats why Sarkozy says Obamba is week.

On top of that Obama was arrogantly pushing to have Turkey admitted to the EU, Sarkozy got pissed and said its none of obama's business, its Europes business.

Obama, Sarkozy clash over Turkey’s EU bid - INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos

So Obama bowed to Saudi Arabia, lost standing in Europe pushing Turkey's agenda, Obama got his buttkicked by four teenage boys in a row boat for five days while the world watched, its no wonder NATO will not commit the amount of troops Obama wants.

Further Obama gave the World Bank and Internatinal Monetetary Fund regulatory power of US banks.

No man can be this stupid, Obama is purposely destroying us.

Its no wonder his paid community organizers are posting here, trying to distract us, denigrate us, change the subject.

Maybe Osama Hussien Barack really is a moslem, bows to the moslem king,does moslem turkey's bidding bids on the world stage, gives the pirates five days to escape, does nothing when there are further pirate attacks, follows moslem saudi arabia policy in demanding israel give half the country so sunni arabs (palestinian arabs), Obama even gave his first interview as president to the moslems.

Gawd, you sure use some obscure publications to bolster your arguments. Just the TONE of those two links you provided makes it clear that they are anti-Obama oriented in the first place. Hey, you can read that kind of stuff in US newspapers. It's called SPIN.

3 Courses With Sarkozy, Skewered Leaders on Side
Published: April 16, 2009

In the world according to Sarko, President Obama is weak, inexperienced and badly briefed on climate change;

Mr. Obama, according to Mr. Sarkozy, “has a subtle mind, very intelligent and very charismatic. But he was elected two months ago and never ran a ministry in his life. He doesn’t have a position on a number of things.” Mr. Obama “is not always operating at a level of decision-making and efficiency,” according to the voluble Mr. Sarkozy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/17/world/europe/17sarkozy.html?em

Is this another nail in the coffin?

Yes, I'm sure a widely unpopular french president, with approval ratings in the 30s % in his own country, and who would probably lose an election to obama in his own country, is the final nail in obama's coffin

LOL. Now the Obama apologists attack Sarkozy!

Forgetting the anti-Sarkozy slant, the fact remains, the Obama European "apologize for America" tour was not nearly so well received in Europe as the American reports worked so very hard to have folks back home believe.

His administration has been a glossy mess. It should get better, but it could get worse.

Time will tell...

CON$ love him because he's a "bitchy little princess" like their MessiahRushie.

SPAIN'S ABC NEWSPAPER ON SARKOZY

He "confirmed his superiority complex has no limits."

THE TIMES OF LONDON ON SARKOZY

"Sarkozy is annoyed by the adulation for an unproven U. S. leader whose stardom has eclipsed his own record as a world troubleshooter. The arrival of a new -- taller, more handsome and popular --president on the scene [has turned] him into [a] kind of bitchy little princess."

Last edited:
CON$ love him because he's a "bitchy little princess" like their MessiahRushie.

SPAIN'S ABC NEWSPAPER ON SARKOZY

He "confirmed his superiority complex has no limits."

THE TIMES OF LONDON ON SARKOZY

"Sarkozy is annoyed by the adulation for an unproven U. S. leader whose stardom has eclipsed his own record as a world troubleshooter. The arrival of a new -- taller, more handsome and popular --president on the scene [has turned] him into [a] kind of bitchy little princess."

Lol. Ain't that the truth!

Question: Do you know why Sarkozy stands on tip toe when having his photograph taken?

Sarko1.jpg
Sarko2.jpg

Answer: So that he can get his forehead in the shot!

sarkozycaricature3tb8.jpg

Last edited:
Pshaw, Sarko is in the shit at home and he knows a bit of Yank bashing goes well but he may have stuffed up because I think Obama might be more popular with the French than Sarko. Serves him bloody right, reminds me of de Gaulle in Quebec.

LOL. Now the Obama apologists attack Sarkozy!

Forgetting the anti-Sarkozy slant, the fact remains, the Obama European "apologize for America" tour was not nearly so well received in Europe as the American reports worked so very hard to have folks back home believe.

His administration has been a glossy mess. It should get better, but it could get worse.

Time will tell...

On the contrary, I find it sadly amusing that the right suddenly is supporting France, even Venezuela today, in addition to the banks which stole your money (other threads). Whomever, whatever, Obama tries to mitigate, you folks will take the opposite point of view. It says volumes.

Did you guys read the whole thing? The guys just dumped a pound of mud on basically everyone at the G-20. What an ass! I bet they're not gonna be nice to him in the next irrelevant round of meetings.

Forum List

Back