Sarkozy Skewers Obama

the u.s. has never been france's number 1 ally. i guess what hurts is that his opinion is fairly accurate.

you think so? maybe... if one looks at the opinion itself and not the misleading, inflammatory garbage contained in the thread title... since Sarkozy far from skewered obama.... unless, of course, one is walking through right wingnut world.

as for sarkozy, is he wrong that there are issues on which obama hasn't formulated policy? i'm sure he's correct about that. and? sometimes it's not a bad idea to actually learn about topics before formulating policy, something perhaps our recently retired pres would have benefitted from.

does obama have something of a learning curve? probably... but so would anyone going into the presidency who actually cares about doing a good job.

not to mention the fact that if sarkozy had said anything about bush, said identical rightwingnuts would be screaming about french cowards, how we're the U.S. and don't care what anyone else thinks; and demand that stores go back to selling freedom fries because of the damn, cowardly French. :cuckoo:

as for "nail in the coffin"... what "coffin" would that be in wingnutworld? the one where he's had almost a 61% approval rating for months?

yah... i'm sure he's concerned. :cuckoo:

3 Courses With Sarkozy, Skewered Leaders on Side
Published: April 16, 2009

In the world according to Sarko, President Obama is weak, inexperienced and badly briefed on climate change;

Mr. Obama, according to Mr. Sarkozy, “has a subtle mind, very intelligent and very charismatic. But he was elected two months ago and never ran a ministry in his life. He doesn’t have a position on a number of things.” Mr. Obama “is not always operating at a level of decision-making and efficiency,” according to the voluble Mr. Sarkozy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/17/world/europe/17sarkozy.html?em

Is this another nail in the coffin?

Why? Suddenly what the French think is important to the right-wing? Sarkozy, by those remarks is a backbiting hypocrite, especially since he decried "French arrogance" when it came to opposition to the Iraq war. Although he opposed that war just as Chirac did, Sarkozy openly suggested that it isn't nice to embarrass one's allies. So here is is embarrassing his #1 ally. Go figure.

It is a failure of analysis to suggest that America is France's #1 ally.

Eh, Obama doesn't need to pal around with Sarkozy when he's got good buddies like Castro and Imanutjob.

I agree with Sarcozy

In fact, I will go even further. Obama job is to sell the Democratic position to the American public, help Democrats maintain power for the next 8 years and ensure the passage of Democratic legislation.

In other words--Obama is a Political sock puppet!!

I am kind of surprised that many right wingers have not sunk their tooth into this as of yet. Maybe because it is to close to the Nov elections and the truth of what GWB actually was

The Sarkozy quote is representative of Obama's middling treatment by the European media and governmental elite who view him as something of a pop culture anomaly and not one yet worthy of serious consideration.

I recall someone in here saying something to the effect, "Europe loves Obama!" and then citing American news agency reports from Europe which were somewhat in contrast to actual European news reports of the trip.

Obama is popular - that is not in dispute. Whether or not he is respected, that is very much in dispute.

stupid_obama_jpg_w300h2421.jpg

Last edited:

In the world according to Sarko, President Obama is weak, inexperienced and badly briefed on climate change;

Mr. Obama, according to Mr. Sarkozy, “has a subtle mind, very intelligent and very charismatic. But he was elected two months ago and never ran a ministry in his life. He doesn’t have a position on a number of things.” Mr. Obama “is not always operating at a level of decision-making and efficiency,” according to the voluble Mr. Sarkozy.

Why? Suddenly what the French think is important to the right-wing? Sarkozy, by those remarks is a backbiting hypocrite, especially since he decried "French arrogance" when it came to opposition to the Iraq war. Although he opposed that war just as Chirac did, Sarkozy openly suggested that it isn't nice to embarrass one's allies. So here is is embarrassing his #1 ally. Go figure.

The relativist equivalency argument does not work here. The Prophet is purely junior league by European standards; he is junior league by even our low standards for political leaders. As I said in another post on his tour, he will be tolerated, used, and watched by European leaders.

So Obammy heard the French liked really good wine so he brought a case of MD20/20 to Sarkozy as a gift. No wonder he's pissed, he thinks Obammy tried to poison him.

the u.s. has never been france's number 1 ally. i guess what hurts is that his opinion is fairly accurate.

you think so? maybe... if one looks at the opinion itself and not the misleading, inflammatory garbage contained in the thread title... since Sarkozy far from skewered obama.... unless, of course, one is walking through right wingnut world.

as for sarkozy, is he wrong that there are issues on which obama hasn't formulated policy? i'm sure he's correct about that. and? sometimes it's not a bad idea to actually learn about topics before formulating policy, something perhaps our recently retired pres would have benefitted from.

does obama have something of a learning curve? probably... but so would anyone going into the presidency who actually cares about doing a good job.

not to mention the fact that if sarkozy had said anything about bush, said identical rightwingnuts would be screaming about french cowards, how we're the U.S. and don't care what anyone else thinks; and demand that stores go back to selling freedom fries because of the damn, cowardly French. :cuckoo:

as for "nail in the coffin"... what "coffin" would that be in wingnutworld? the one where he's had almost a 61% approval rating for months?

Wow, look how the gauche-ones fold their arms, turn away, and spout " I don't even care, so there."

Yeah, you care.

The first word from Daisy Mae is "why?"

Why? Because the low-class way the left treated the President of the United States for eight years centered around "the whole world hates him," "he's a dummy," "we need a President who will be respected."

And especially Europe, they were supposed to be ones whose opinion determined our place in the world, whether or not we should be embarrassed to be Americans.

Now watch them do an about face.

Kind of reminds me of all the Communists who paraded and 'bunded' for peace when the
the Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact was in effect, but spun on their heels after Operation Barbarosa took place.

Then Bilious refers to the "inflammatory garbage contained in the thread title," not realizing that "skewered" is the term the New York Times used! How funny is that?

Some nails in the coffin: a stimulus bill that doesn't stimulate, a treasury sec'y who doesn't pay taxes, his 'special olympics' joke, laughing about the economy on 60 Minutes, DOJ attacks right wingers a day before the Tea Parties, North Korea fires its missile 'in his face,'
bows to the king of Saudi Arabia, Europe gives him zero fighting troops, Europe refuses to kick in the 2 % Stimulus he asked for, says he doesn't speak Austrian, snubs Gordon Brown, and kicks in for DVD's and gives the Queen an IPOD.
Classy?

How long before self-respecting Democrats, not the yellow dog dems, say to this administration "enough"?

It is a failure of analysis to suggest that America is France's #1 ally.

I have yet to see any of you prove otherwise. Until then...next?

Let's just put it gently.. shall we.. I wouldn't send a son of mine to fight for France. Screw France,, the Germans did.

However you left wing dumb ass turds absolutely CRAVE praise from France. Europe is always right according to you retards. What? You mean a European leader disagreed with the ability of our new President, shocking, we will have to quit claiming France is important now.

Wow, look how the gauche-ones fold their arms, turn away, and spout " I don't even care, so there."

Yeah, you care.

The first word from Daisy Mae is "why?"

Why? Because the low-class way the left treated the President of the United States for eight years centered around "the whole world hates him," "he's a dummy," "we need a President who will be respected."

And especially Europe, they were supposed to be ones whose opinion determined our place in the world, whether or not we should be embarrassed to be Americans.

Now watch them do an about face.

Kind of reminds me of all the Communists who paraded and 'bunded' for peace when the
the Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact was in effect, but spun on their heels after Operation Barbarosa took place.

Then Bilious refers to the "inflammatory garbage contained in the thread title," not realizing that "skewered" is the term the New York Times used! How funny is that?

Some nails in the coffin: a stimulus bill that doesn't stimulate, a treasury sec'y who doesn't pay taxes, his 'special olympics' joke, laughing about the economy on 60 Minutes, DOJ attacks right wingers a day before the Tea Parties, North Korea fires its missile 'in his face,'
bows to the king of Saudi Arabia, Europe gives him zero fighting troops, Europe refuses to kick in the 2 % Stimulus he asked for, says he doesn't speak Austrian, snubs Gordon Brown, and kicks in for DVD's and gives the Queen an IPOD.
Classy?

How long before self-respecting Democrats, not the yellow dog dems, say to this administration "enough"?[/
QUOTE]

Post of the day right there.

Forum List

Back