Sarkozy Skewers Obama

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
3 Courses With Sarkozy, Skewered Leaders on Side
Published: April 16, 2009

In the world according to Sarko, President Obama is weak, inexperienced and badly briefed on climate change;

Mr. Obama, according to Mr. Sarkozy, “has a subtle mind, very intelligent and very charismatic. But he was elected two months ago and never ran a ministry in his life. He doesn’t have a position on a number of things.” Mr. Obama “is not always operating at a level of decision-making and efficiency,” according to the voluble Mr. Sarkozy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/17/world/europe/17sarkozy.html?em

Is this another nail in the coffin?

Mr. Obama, according to Mr. Sarkozy, “has a subtle mind, very intelligent and very charismatic. But he was elected two months ago and never ran a ministry in his life. He doesn’t have a position on a number of things.” Mr. Obama “is not always operating at a level of decision-making and efficiency,” according to the voluble Mr. Sarkozy.

Gotta love dem Frenchies!

In the world according to Sarko, President Obama is weak, inexperienced and badly briefed on climate change;

Why? Suddenly what the French think is important to the right-wing? Sarkozy, by those remarks is a backbiting hypocrite, especially since he decried "French arrogance" when it came to opposition to the Iraq war. Although he opposed that war just as Chirac did, Sarkozy openly suggested that it isn't nice to embarrass one's allies. So here is is embarrassing his #1 ally. Go figure.

Why? Suddenly what the French think is important to the right-wing? Sarkozy, by those remarks is a backbiting hypocrite, especially since he decried "French arrogance" when it came to opposition to the Iraq war. Although he opposed that war just as Chirac did, Sarkozy openly suggested that it isn't nice to embarrass one's allies. So here is is embarrassing his #1 ally. Go figure.

the u.s. has never been france's number 1 ally. i guess what hurts is that his opinion is fairly accurate.

Seems he insulted several world leaders.

Great way to do forieng policy huh?

the u.s. has never been france's number 1 ally. i guess what hurts is that his opinion is fairly accurate.

Only in your [humble] opinion.

So which country IS France's number one ally? France is our 'oldest' ally, we do millions in trade with them, and which country do you suppose they would look to if they were ever attacked?

So which country IS France's number one ally? France is our 'oldest' ally, we do millions in trade with them, and which country do you suppose they would look to if they were ever attacked?

i can assure you that there's nothing humble about my opinion.
france has traditionally sought us aid, which we've given, only under the most dire circumstances. we've given that aid when it suited our purposes (ww1,ww2) and withheld it when it didn't (algeria, the suez, indochina).you may consider that an alliance, i don't.

personally, i think m sarkozy's opinion of mr obama is pretty objective and accurate. obama is a bright man in a position for which he has no real experience. to save you the time, running the harvard law review is not germane to being the chief executive of the us. if he has any other executive experience, i'm unaware of it.

france has traditionally sought us aid, which we've given, only under the most dire circumstances. we've given that aid when it suited our purposes (ww1,ww2) and withheld it when it didn't (algeria, the suez, indochina).you may consider that an alliance, i don't.

personally, i think m sarkozy's opinion of mr obama is pretty objective and accurate. obama is a bright man in a position for which he has no real experience. to save you the time, running the harvard law review is not germane to being the chief executive of the us. if he has any other executive experience, i'm unaware of it.

That's an old campaign rallying cry, and it's proven useless in real time. I've been around the block enough in my career to have worked with many "executives" who had so-called experience and the salaries to go with it, but I wouldn't hire them to walk my dog.

As for not assisting with additional foreign/military aid in France's miscellaneous excursions, so what? Now you're advocating that the U.S. jump into every fray on the planet? Costs money, ya know.

A weak-minded person would take those comments as an insult and pout.

A strong-minded individual would take those comments as constructive criticism and grow.

That's an old campaign rallying cry, and it's proven useless in real time. I've been around the block enough in my career to have worked with many "executives" who had so-called experience and the salaries to go with it, but I wouldn't hire them to walk my dog.

As for not assisting with additional foreign/military aid in France's miscellaneous excursions, so what? Now you're advocating that the U.S. jump into every fray on the planet? Costs money, ya know.

that whooshing sound would be my post going over your head.
have a nice day.

2636670812_8b2576947f.jpg

Ok ... so just so I'm sure I'm up to speed, does it now matter what other people in the world think of us? Even ... *gulp* ... France?

that whooshing sound would be my post going over your head.
have a nice day.

Oh please, kindly enlighten me what I missed.

"nail in th coffin" heh heh

Forum List

Back