Sarkozy called Netanyahu a liar

pgm

Sep 8, 2011
South Florida
"I can't stand him any more, he's a liar," Mr Sarkozy said in French.

"You may be sick of him, but me, I have to deal with him every day," Mr Obama replied.

The exchange at the G20 summit was quoted by a French website, Arret sur Images, and confirmed by other media.

Oh my.

"I can't stand him any more, he's a liar," Mr Sarkozy said in French.

"You may be sick of him, but me, I have to deal with him every day," Mr Obama replied.

The exchange at the G20 summit was quoted by a French website, Arret sur Images, and confirmed by other media.

Oh my.

When a politician calls another politician a liar you know for sure it's one of the few times he's telling the truth. I guess Sarkozi is pissed off because he thinks Netanyahu is a bigger liar than him.

Sarkozy tells Obama Netanyahu is a liar | Reuters

"I cannot bear Netanyahu, he's a liar," Sarkozy told Obama, unaware that the microphones in their meeting room had been switched on, enabling reporters in a separate location to listen in to a simultaneous translation.

"You're fed up with him, but I have to deal with him even more often than you," Obama replied, according to the French interpreter.

Oh, this is gonna hurt in three different directions. Sucks to be them.

More background;

conversation apparently agreed to keep it secret. That didn’t last long.

Still, Mr. Obama’s public disparagement of the Israeli leader will only worsen already-miserable relations between the two men.

Their mutual dislike goes beyond the personal.

They differ sharply on policy and, Mr. Netanyahu in particular, seems to have gone out of his way to publicly snub the president and show himself off at home as a tough guy.

Every meeting between the two is fraught and full of drama.

Mr. Obama's chilly relations with Mr. Netanyahu have further alienated the president from America's right-wing Christians, who tend to ardently support the Jewish state. More problematic for the president is whether his policies will erode support among Jewish Americans, who form a vital voting block in some swing states like Florida.

Obama, Sarkozy trade gripes about Netanyahu in open mic gaffe - The Globe and Mail

So what. He called another politician a name and said it to the media.

That's the mark of a politician on his way out.

To bad, so sad...

One "so what" is about the implications of Obama's part of the exchange for U.S.-Israeli relations.

Oh, do you mean that Obama is one of the politicians on his way out?

We can hope.

One "so what" is about the implications of Obama's part of the exchange for U.S.-Israeli relations.

Oh, do you mean that Obama is one of the politicians on his way out?

We can hope.

Sarkozy is on his way out and he's tossing spears at foreign politicians that he doesn't like. I've met Bebe (Yes, I call Bibi, Bebe) and he's not all that a likeable man. We got along well but then I'm not all that likeable a man. :razz:

Obama is not tossing spears and I doubt he would do it on his way out. He'll write a few books. Sarkozy is not a book writer.

He's a passionate Frenchman...

Last edited:

To bad, so sad...

He said it in front of the media. He certainly didn't mean to say it to the media.

I guess it's a gossipy story. There are certainly U.S. domestic political implications to Obama's reply, although I personally don't read too much into it. He expresses sympathy for Sarkozy's sentiments, but that doesn't mean he necessarily agrees that Bibi is a liar.As for Sarkozy, it shows that it isn't just the left who is annoyed with Netanyahu.

To bad, so sad...

He said it in front of the media. He certainly didn't mean to say it to the media.

I guess it's a gossipy story. There are certainly U.S. domestic political implications to Obama's reply, although I personally don't read too much into it. He expresses sympathy for Sarkozy's sentiments, but that doesn't mean he necessarily agrees that Bibi is a liar.As for Sarkozy, it shows that it isn't just the left who is annoyed with Netanyahu.

And you know this, how? How do you know what is in the mind of a longtime politician such as Sarkozy.

Oh, ok. Well, it was initially reported as an open-mic incident. What I mean to say is that he did not directly tell any reporters and he was not being interviewed. I don't mean to say I have any psychic abilities (but I don't deny it either *laughs maniacally to self*)

Forum List

Back