Sarah Palins Record Of Executive Experience Proves She Will Make A Good President

Apparently Palin has reached sainthood status with USArmyRetired.
I am undecided if it is humerous or sad.
Perhaps a mixture of both?

You mean very much like the majority of the electorate found with Obama before he was elected?

Heck, even the Nobel Peace Prize committee saw him as a saint before he actually did anything other than read speaches others wrote for him.

I did not say that USAR was alone in his worship of a human being.

The only way USAR's faith in Palin will not turn out to be a dissapointment is if she is never elected president.

It is human nature to become enamored with one that you believe in and strongly agree with.
I dont see it worthy of ridicule.
I believe that is why I have been happily married with the most wonderful woman in the world for 26 years.
And believe me...there are plenty that dont care for her...I am sure.

Someone would look at her cross-eyed and she quit in the middle of her term.

was gonna say... Wasilla doesn't have a population all that much larger than Brooklyn Technical High School...

and her executive experience as governor consisted of a bridge to no where and quitting.

tff...
Do the math you liberal. Her salary as governor was $125,000 and after 25 bogus ethics charges against her, she owed around $500,000+ in legal fees to her attorney. The current laws of Alaska required that every single filed ethics complaint to be investigated no matter how ridiculous (being photographed with a fish, wearing a jacket with a logo, receiving “cookie” bribes) and all at the personal cost of the defendant. Had she stayed in office another 16 months, she likely would have been forced into bankruptcy because Alaska law does not automatically cover the legal defense of its governors nor was the Attorney General of the state or someone else designated by the state to defend her like required in all other states. If you were working in a job that was costing you almost twice as much to go into work everyday than you were making would you stay there?

Even her set up of a legal defense fund like other politicians have was deemed unethical (It was arguably the strictest legal defense fund in history with all the restrictions it had for those who could donate) wherein a politically motivated investigator suggested Palin should just let Alaska taxpayers pay for her legal defense. They wanted Alaskans to take the bullet for the political malice of Palin’s enemies.. In less than a year, she racked up half-a-million (to put this in perspective, her salary as Governor was only 125,000 a year and she had even declined a 25,000 raise by the legislature) in legal charges with much more to come.

One can argue that she should have just fought her enemies instead of letting them win.

If you decide to continue fighting your enemies at the expense of the people you serve is that even ethical? If your presence in office is causing heavy collateral damage to your state, is it smart and ethical to remain in office no matter the cost? Has any politician at the state level attracted the volume of attacks directed at Palin? Is it normal for a governor to go personally bankrupt defending themselves against bogus ethics complaints? Palin incurred almost twice as much legal debt as the salary she drew as governor. Every day she spent in office she was one day closer to personal bankruptcy.

These frivolous lawsuits effectively paralyzed her administration by wasting time and money doing research for countless Freedom of Information Act requests and addressing the ethics charges. The estimated cost of wasted time for the State of Alaska was 2 million and rising. By resigning she effectively took the liberal circus out of Alaska and into the mainland and exploited it as all of the charges against her were deemed without merit and frivilous. She has prevailed even more powerful and you know it.

Prove this please.

was gonna say... Wasilla doesn't have a population all that much larger than Brooklyn Technical High School...

and her executive experience as governor consisted of a bridge to no where and quitting.

tff...
Do the math you liberal. Her salary as governor was $125,000 and after 25 bogus ethics charges against her, she owed around $500,000+ in legal fees to her attorney. The current laws of Alaska required that every single filed ethics complaint to be investigated no matter how ridiculous (being photographed with a fish, wearing a jacket with a logo, receiving “cookie” bribes) and all at the personal cost of the defendant. Had she stayed in office another 16 months, she likely would have been forced into bankruptcy because Alaska law does not automatically cover the legal defense of its governors nor was the Attorney General of the state or someone else designated by the state to defend her like required in all other states. If you were working in a job that was costing you almost twice as much to go into work everyday than you were making would you stay there?

Even her set up of a legal defense fund like other politicians have was deemed unethical (It was arguably the strictest legal defense fund in history with all the restrictions it had for those who could donate) wherein a politically motivated investigator suggested Palin should just let Alaska taxpayers pay for her legal defense. They wanted Alaskans to take the bullet for the political malice of Palin’s enemies.. In less than a year, she racked up half-a-million (to put this in perspective, her salary as Governor was only 125,000 a year and she had even declined a 25,000 raise by the legislature) in legal charges with much more to come.

One can argue that she should have just fought her enemies instead of letting them win.

If you decide to continue fighting your enemies at the expense of the people you serve is that even ethical? If your presence in office is causing heavy collateral damage to your state, is it smart and ethical to remain in office no matter the cost? Has any politician at the state level attracted the volume of attacks directed at Palin? Is it normal for a governor to go personally bankrupt defending themselves against bogus ethics complaints? Palin incurred almost twice as much legal debt as the salary she drew as governor. Every day she spent in office she was one day closer to personal bankruptcy.

These frivolous lawsuits effectively paralyzed her administration by wasting time and money doing research for countless Freedom of Information Act requests and addressing the ethics charges. The estimated cost of wasted time for the State of Alaska was 2 million and rising. By resigning she effectively took the liberal circus out of Alaska and into the mainland and exploited it as all of the charges against her were deemed without merit and frivilous. She has prevailed even more powerful and you know it.

Prove this please.

Hello?

Maybe she can get tax cuts tattoed on her hand so it doesn't wash off.
She get's killed by republican attack dogs in the primary if's she's dopey enough to run. Being a reality star to the white trash GED hoards is her calling.

No need to prove it wrong.

Looking at your first line, it is based on opinion and not fact

So your premise is an oipinion with no factual basis. So it can NOT be proven wrong....or right for that matter.

well, his opinion that executive experience has no predictive value as to how good a president someone will be is as valid as yours' saying it is.

but... i think bush's 28% approval rating at the end of his term and failed policies speak for themselves.

Jillian...you are too smart to cite an approval rating as a judge of the success of a president.
Most, if not all presidents successes are jusdged by history....sometimes scores of years beyond their deaths.

I would never rely only on approval rating. (and thank you)... but I did also add "his failed policies".... as proof that executive experience is not always predictive.

Hope you're having a good day. :)

You mean very much like the majority of the electorate found with Obama before he was elected?

Heck, even the Nobel Peace Prize committee saw him as a saint before he actually did anything other than read speaches others wrote for him.

did they? or is that just rightwing spin?

me? i voted for obama... but only after I couldn't vote for Hillary. The GOP gave me no one to vote for, or I might have voted red....

but they gave me palin instead of kaye bailey hutchinson (which is who mccain SHOULD have picked as his running mate if he wanted hillary voters... not the tweeting twit).

me? i voted for obama... but only after I couldn't vote for Hillary. The GOP gave me no one to vote for, or I might have voted red....

but they gave me palin instead of kaye bailey hutchinson (which is who mccain SHOULD have picked as his running mate if he wanted hillary voters... not the tweeting twit).

What policies in Palins record do you agree or disagree with?

tff...

That is a little harsh of an assessment! Just because a town is small doesn't mean its a cake walk! In fact in many ways its harder than large cities.

And she did more than build a bridge!

How about eliminate State income, corporate and sales tax, but balance the budget and share the surplus with the people in the form of what $2K a person! No shabby at all.

HOWEVER, for me two game-breakers are:
(1) She quit as governor! :eek: Sorry, but that is something I could NOT overlook!
(2) 4 colleges in 5 years as an undergrad! As Obama is proving a Havard education doesn't make you a great President, but ya still need some brains! 4 colleges in 5 years is highly unimpressive!

tff...

That is a little harsh of an assessment! Just because a town is small doesn't mean its a cake walk! In fact in many ways its harder than large cities.

And she did more than build a bridge!

How about eliminate State income, corporate and sales tax, but balance the budget and share the surplus with the people in the form of what $2K a person! No shabby at all.

HOWEVER, for me two game-breakers are:
(1) She quit as governor! :eek: Sorry, but that is something I could NOT overlook!
(2) 4 colleges in 5 years as an undergrad! As Obama is proving a Havard education doesn't make you a great President, but ya still need some brains! 4 colleges in 5 years is highly unimpressive!

she had 4 colleges in 5 years for the same reason that christine o'donnell had a shakey record... neither one is that bright.

palin is shrewd in the way the girl running for head cheerleader who breaks her competition's arm is shrewd... a mean girl grown up.

ultimately, it doesn't matter if we disagree on her having any positive attributes. for me the game breaker, all other things excluded, is i would never ever ever in a million years give my vote to someone who said there are "pro america parts of the country".

never... ever... ever...

and my assessment may be "harsh", but i think it's appropriate.

What policies in Palins record do you agree or disagree with?

i'm sorry, are you still here???

Right wing spin?

OK...so tell me...exactly what had he done at the point of being offered the prize to wearrant it......Promise to close GITMO? Promise to get the troops out of Iraq? Or was it his speeches about world peace and US/ISlam relations?

What did he actually MAKE HAPPEN that warranted the award?

You say it was spin....so tell me.....name something that he actually DID.....

Right wing spin?

OK...so tell me...exactly what had he done at the point of being offered the prize to wearrant it......Promise to close GITMO? Promise to get the troops out of Iraq? Or was it his speeches about world peace and US/ISlam relations?

A little research wouldn't kill you.......​

"Unlike the scientific and literary Nobel Prizes, usually issued in retrospect, often two or three decades after the awarded achievement, the Peace Prize has been awarded for more recent or immediate achievementshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobel_Peace_Prize#List_of_laureates."

***​

"The 2009 Nobel Peace Prize was awarded to U.S. President Barack Obama "for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples." The Norwegian Nobel Committee announced the award on October 9, 2009, citing Obama's promotion of nuclear nonproliferation and a "new climate" in international relations fostered by Obama, especially in reaching out to the Muslim world."

A LOT o' people saw Obama as a significant-change......

bush_littlebigman.jpg

Right wing spin?

you want me to justify something the Nobel committee did that I don't agree with?

why?

i'm not quite sure how that's relevant to what i said...

Right wing spin?

you want me to justify something the Nobel committee did that I don't agree with?

why?

i'm not quite sure how that's relevant to what i said...

I assumed that was what you were referring to when you said "right wing spin"....so what were you referring to?

Right wing spin?

A little research wouldn't kill you.......​

"Unlike the scientific and literary Nobel Prizes, usually issued in retrospect, often two or three decades after the awarded achievement, the Peace Prize has been awarded for more recent or immediate achievementshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobel_Peace_Prize#List_of_laureates."

***​

"The 2009 Nobel Peace Prize was awarded to U.S. President Barack Obama "for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples." The Norwegian Nobel Committee announced the award on October 9, 2009, citing Obama's promotion of nuclear nonproliferation and a "new climate" in international relations fostered by Obama, especially in reaching out to the Muslim world."

A LOT o' people saw Obama as a significant-change......

bush_littlebigman.jpg

I suggest you read what I write before criticizing it.
I agreed that he received the award based on speeches other people wrote for him.

I assumed that was what you were referring to when you said "right wing spin"....so what were you referring to?

you said the "majority" of obama supporters gave him sainthood...

i pointed out that mccain would have won the election until palin's interview and that but for her i might have considered voting for a repub.. (although mccain 2000, not 2008), maybe romney if he had won the primaries in 2008

as i said, i might have even considered it had he picked kaye bailey hutchenson... who would have been the logical choice if he really did want to maybe somehow attract disaffected hillary voters.

Forum List

Back