Sarah Palin's Political Campaign 2011 - Yet Another Glitch

George Costanza

A Friendly Liberal
Mar 10, 2009
Los Angeles area.
There seems to be no end to it. Earlier this month, Sarah was in Boston as part of her "I'm not running for President" national tour in her "Look at Me! I'm Running for PRESIDENT!" bus. But I digress . . . At the end of her exposure to Boston, she was asked by a reporter "what have you seen and what will you take away with you from your visit?"

We saw where Paul Revere hung out as a teenager, which was something new to learn. And you know, he who warned the British that they weren't going to be taking away our arms, by ringing those bells and making sure, as he is riding his horse through town, to send those warning shots and bells, that we were going to be secure and we were going to be free.

This statement is not worthy of a third grader trying to talk about their morning bowl of Cheerios. And this is the person many on the Right are touting for the Oval Office?

Note also, that in attempting to defend herself against her own remarks, Palin pointed out that her answer was given in response to a "gotcha" question, implying that "gotcha" questions are the only type of questions she ever gets from the media. "What did you see and what will you take with you from your visit?" can hardly be classified as a "gotcha" question.

How Accurate Were Palin's Paul Revere Comments? : NPR

When is she going to give up?

Last edited:
What the fuck George? Why not wait until she has actually said she is going to run before you start pointing out how stupid she is. At the moment she is running around making money for herself, not running for anything. Every time a bunch of idiots say something about her she makes more money, which is all she wants. Stop feeding the beast.

57 States

Asthma Breathalyzer

$800B Stimulus Failure

Record Debt

Record Deficit > Any Reagan Budget

Record Food Stamps

Record Poverty

Record Homelessness

Unemployment levels not seen since FDR Depression

USA Credit Downgraded

You voted for the fucking retard responsible for all of it...

And you say Palin stupid?

Last edited:
There seems to be no end to it. Earlier this month, Sarah was in Boston as part of her "I'm not running for President" national tour in her "Look at Me! I'm Running for PRESIDENT!" bus. But I digress . . . At the end of her exposure to Boston, she was asked by a reporter "what have you seen and what will you take away with you from your visit?"

We saw where Paul Revere hung out as a teenager, which was something new to learn. And you know, he who warned the British that they weren't going to be taking away our arms, by ringing those bells and making sure, as he is riding his horse through town, to send those warning shots and bells, that we were going to be secure and we were going to be free.

This statement is not worthy of a third grader trying to talk about their morning bowl of Cheerios. And this is the person many on the Right are touting for the Oval Office?

Note also, that in attempting to defend herself against her own remarks, Palin pointed out that her answer was given in response to a "gotcha" question, implying that "gotcha" questions are the only type of questions she ever gets from the media. "What did you see and what will you take with you from your visit?" can hardly be classified as a "gotcha" question.

Damn Gotcha media.

57 states

asthma breathalyzer

$800b stimulus failure

record debt

record deficit > any reagan budget

record food stamps

record poverty

record homelessness

unemployment levels not seen since fdr depression

usa credit downgraded

you voted for the fucking retard responsible for all of it...

and you say palin stupid?

yup.

What the fuck George? Why not wait until she has actually said she is going to run before you start pointing out how stupid she is. At the moment she is running around making money for herself, not running for anything. Every time a bunch of idiots say something about her she makes more money, which is all she wants. Stop feeding the beast.

Oh, bull shit. Sarah Palin is an embarrassment to the American political scene regardless of whether she is running for office or parading around the country trying to make money for herself. She is already a proven loser as a vice-presidential candidate. Generally speaking, once that happens, no political party wants to run them again, much less for higher office.

As long as Sarah Palin chooses to inflict herself on our national scene, I will continue to point out just how much of an embarrassment she is.

:eusa_drool:

Attachments

• $zombie palin 2 copy_edited-2.jpg
    $zombie palin 2 copy_edited-2.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 76

Damn Gotcha media.

Yeah - I would like to see some of the Palin apologists here come forward and address that specific issue. "What did you see while you were in Boston and what will you take with you when you leave?" Please tell me how that is a "gotcha" question. She has been asked gotcha questions - and failed miserably when she was. This was no gotcha question, yet Sarah sought to classify it as such in an pathetic attempt to do whatever she could to blow some smoke over her childlike and horribly garbled answer to the question.

Someone once said that Sarah Palin reminds him of "A high school girl totally unprepared for her oral exam, who is trying to get through it by batting her eyes and flirting with the examiner." Bingo.

So howz about it, Palinites - any thoughts on Palin's "gotcha question" remark other than "Obama and Biden are idiots too"?

57 States

Asthma Breathalyzer

$800B Stimulus Failure

Record Debt

Record Deficit > Any Reagan Budget

Record Food Stamps

Record Poverty

Record Homelessness

Unemployment levels not seen since FDR Depression

USA Credit Downgraded

You voted for the fucking retard responsible for all of it...

And you say Palin stupid?

I do say Palin is stupid. What's your point? Suppose Obama has an IQ of 65 - what does that have to do with Palin being stupid?

I have friends who bought into the "Palin is stupid" label that the left seems almost frantic to hang on her. They think it worked for George W. Bush and should work with her. I have lived a good long life now, have spent my time in the professional media, and have been a media watcher my entire adult life.

Those same friends are now grudgingly giving her props.

I have NEVER seen such a continuous, ongoing, viscious, hateful, and determined personal onslaught of any individual as has been targeted at Sarah Palin. It is absolutely unprecedented. And she has taken it all with grace, good humor, and a strength no normal woman would have.

How many blogs and news stories now have been run re the Palin 'gaffe' re Paul Revere? Hundreds? Thousands? Barack Obama's comment about being in 57 states with 3 or 4 more to go merited a couple of days kidding and then they dropped it. At most a few dozen comments in the national media. But we see thread after thread and the blugeoning continues re Palin's Paul Revere comment.

Well, there aren't 60 or 61 states in the union. There aren't 57 states in the union.

But technically, Paul Revere DID warn the British however awkwardly Palin phrased it.

Sarah Palin yesterday insisted her claim at the Old North Church last week that Paul Revere “warned the British” during his famed 1775 ride — remarks that Democrats and the media roundly ridiculed — is actually historically accurate. And local historians are backing her up.

...In fact, Revere’s own account of the ride in a 1798 letter seems to back up Palin’s claim. Revere describes how after his capture by British officers, he warned them “there would be five hundred Americans there in a short time for I had alarmed the Country all the way up.”

Boston University history professor Brendan McConville said, “Basically when Paul Revere was stopped by the British, he did say to them, ‘Look, there is a mobilization going on that you’ll be confronting,’ and the British are aware as they’re marching down the countryside, they hear church bells ringing — she was right about that — and warning shots being fired. That’s accurate.”

Patrick Leehey of the Paul Revere House said Revere was probably bluffing his British captors, but reluctantly conceded that it could be construed as Revere warning the British.

Read more: Experts: Palin Is Right About Paul Revere - Sarah Palin - Fox Nation

Oh, bull shit. Sarah Palin is an embarrassment to the American political scene regardless of whether she is running for office or parading around the country trying to make money for herself. She is already a proven loser as a vice-presidential candidate. Generally speaking, once that happens, no political party wants to run them again, much less for higher office.

As long as Sarah Palin chooses to inflict herself on our national scene, I will continue to point out just how much of an embarrassment she is.

You are making her richer, and giving her more power, by obsessing about her. Ignore her, she might not go away, but you will feel better.

Damn Gotcha media.

Yeah - I would like to see some of the Palin apologists here come forward and address that specific issue. "What did you see while you were in Boston and what will you take with you when you leave?" Please tell me how that is a "gotcha" question. She has been asked gotcha questions - and failed miserably when she was. This was no gotcha question, yet Sarah sought to classify it as such in an pathetic attempt to do whatever she could to blow some smoke over her childlike and horribly garbled answer to the question.

Someone once said that Sarah Palin reminds him of "A high school girl totally unprepared for her oral exam, who is trying to get through it by batting her eyes and flirting with the examiner." Bingo.

So howz about it, Palinites - any thoughts on Palin's "gotcha question" remark other than "Obama and Biden are idiots too"?

If you want to talk about accuracy why not point out that almost everyone who attacked her for what she said got the facts just as skewed as she did, just in the other direction?

What Sarah Palin Got Wrong

You are making her richer, and giving her more power, by obsessing about her. Ignore her, she might not go away, but you will feel better.

I love this shit. here is this beautiful woman, great personality, sharp as a tack, personable, likable..... and nitwits like George spend all day demonizing the woman while simultaneously trying to convince themselves that the disaster that is "Hope and Change", is somehow the "smart move".

:lol:

Boston University history professor Brendan McConville said, “Basically when Paul Revere was stopped by the British, he did say to them, ‘Look, there is a mobilization going on that you’ll be confronting,’ and the British are aware as they’re marching down the countryside, they hear church bells ringing — she was right about that — and warning shots being fired. That’s accurate.”

OK - let's concede that she was 100% accurate in her statement. Let's take a look at the statement itself:

Now come on, Foxy - this is a garbled, grammatically incorrect and almost completely incomprehensible statement. A third grader could have given done better. And this is the person many on the Right are touting for a presidential nomination?

Sarah Palin does not help her cause when she expresses herself in this fashion.

The criticism of Sarah Palin is more than deserved. It isn't "vicious" as the Right chooses to characterize it. It is simply accurate. As long as Sarah continues to embarrass herself in this fashion, the criticism is going to continue. And rightly so.

Last edited:

OK - let's concede that she was 100% accurate in her statement. Let's take a look at the statement itself:

Now come on, Foxy - this is a garbled, grammatically incorrect and almost completely incomprehensible statement. A third grader could have given done better. And this is the person many on the Right are touting for a presidential nomination?

Sarah Palin does not help her cause when she expresses herself in this fashion.

The criticism of Sarah Palin is more than deserved. It isn't "vicious" as the Right chooses to characterize it. It is simply accurate. As long as Sarah continues to embarrass herself in this fashion, the criticism is going to continue. And rightly so.

Obsess much?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

BTW.. you do realize that George Louis Costanza was an amoral, lying, neurotic scumbag? Don't you?

I wonder if Sarah Palin would put forth the proposal that don't worry about high gas prices, just change your oil and keep your tires inflated?

I love this shit. here is this beautiful woman, great personality, sharp as a tack, personable, likable..... and nitwits like George spend all day demonizing the woman while simultaneously trying to convince themselves that the disaster that is "Hope and Change", is somehow the "smart move".

:lol:

Hey, Soggy - there is a beautiful woman, with a great personality, "sharp as a tack," personable, likable, who is a market checker in the market where we shop. There are hundreds of thousands of such women all across the country. Their desirable personality traits and their good looks do not, however, qualify them to run for national office.

I will give you that Sarah is beautiful. But when she wiggles onto the national political scene and puts her foot into her mouth time and time and time again, people begin to get the sense that perhaps she might not be qualified to be where she is or to go where she apparently wants to go.

As I said earlier, she reminds many of a high school girl who is totally unprepared for an oral exam, but who is trying to bluff her way through by batting her eyes and flirting with the examiner.

Forum List

Back