Sarah Palin's former Pastor speaks out.

You speak for God now? God is always a pacifist no matter what the circumstances you think?

Think there is a Commandment that says "No going to war unless your enemy has already invaded your lands, at least killed many of your own people -and absolutely no pre-emptive strikes allowed so they can't come after you at all"? Might want to check out the Bible again -plenty of wars in it that were clearly part of God's plans. Might want to check out what God told the Jews about how to take possession of the Promised Land when they finally reached it -and it was occupied already. It wasn't by negotiation.

Might want to take another look at Ecclesiastes 3:

1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2 a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3 a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 a time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 a time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 a time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

And check out the Book of Revelation regarding a really big war and see whether its part of God's plan or not.

Palin prayed that what our leaders were doing was part of God's plan, knowing full well that God's plans cannot be known by man -and that sometimes as horrible as it can be, war really is part of His plan. So she was praying that we were doing God's will. And considering that, who in their right mind would pray it wasn't?

Maybe you have this idea that God is some kind of warm, fuzzy, touchy-feely amorphous "pure love" kind of thing or something. The Bible says that above all, God is JUST. And being just isn't always warm and fuzzy, is it?

Your rehashing and must not have followed the thread, Someone already asked me if I was playing God and no I am not and why would you say that. I am not the one that started this war or had false intelligence. Do you think God is mad at me because of this war. Thats just a stupid comment. Lets go out and start a war and then after it doesnt work out lets pray that we didnt upset the man upstairs. What kind of logic is that? Also if we have seperation of church and state(which we dont) Then why would God even come into the picture except for the poor folks that have kids, dads, mothers, sisters and brothers over there fighting. Your way out of context.

We should have never got involved in a religious war that has been going since Isaac and ishmael in the first place!

PALIN or any of them... they dont believe in religion... but they know it is a vote winner... as there are so many fundamentalist nutters in the US.

I don't think that quote is particularly scary.

She's not saying that the war is a mission from God. Read it closely, guys.

And keep it up, Robbie. You saw what your insane leftwing smears did to Barry's numbers last week.
yeah, how scary, asking that the national leaders not sed the troops out to fight unworthy wars in a prayer

go figure

Pig's arse it's a smear. The truth is dripping out now and it's going to become decidely more unpleasant. Hmmmmm - if be becomes president will she want a theocracy? I mean it must be God's will and all that. Just imagine, God advising on foreign policy, that's got to be a winner.
oh SNAP
theres that fear of a theocracy again
what is wrong with you guys
no conservative wants a theocracy
sheeeesh

Read the quote again ...

Her use of the term "pray" is synonymous with "hope" in the full context of the quote ...

But you can calm down ... it doesn't make the quote benign or anything ... she's hoping that God has tasked us with war ...
correction: a just war

Here's George Carlin view on the matter (This is not the exact quote but what I can best remember).

"We pray to god, they pray to god; someone's going to be disappointed."

George Carlin is right in this aspect. Both sides pray to God but only one side can win. So does that mean God loves one side more then the other? If so, then what about how God loves all his children?

Point being, if you do believe in God that praying for your side to win in War does nothing except give you a little more faith that you might get through the current battle alive.

Not saying it's wrong to pray to win in war, but thats just the truth of the matter.
actually, i dont know anyone that would pray to win, thats not how you usually pray
you pray that Gods will be done

I still find it utterly hilarious, if not a touch scary...that there are people in the US who take the Bible seriously.... would be laughed out of any other country.

Having said that, I am sure that God was fully behind gw and cheney and the gang in their just massacre for profits.

I still find it utterly hilarious, if not a touch scary...that there are people in the US who take the Bible seriously.... would be laughed out of any other country.

Having said that, I am sure that God was fully behind gw and cheney and the gang in their just massacre for profits.
yeah, sure, poser
you show you are out of touch with reality and everyone else is wrong
:rolleyes:

It's never too late. Might have been over a lot sooner if so many Americans didnt bug out. Immediate gratification is hollow.

Bug out? What planet have you been living on? Bush's war of choice has cost over $100 Billion Dollars a year and 4,143 lives lost, with 32,977 wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan as of today according to IAVA.org.

This little war of choice has been ruinous.... and you say Americans bugged out? Tell it to the families of the dead and wounded... and to our failing ifrastructure and to our economy which your guy messed up beyond recognition. :cuckoo:

why and how did it turn into a smear to discuss a politicans beliefs and opinions on issues of importance?

this is TOTAL bullshit!

the constant whinging about how mean the media is being is just laughable! were you up in arms over the things they said about Hillary? about Obama? about McCain in 2000?

We had a religious nutter in the white house for the last 8 years, we NEED to know if we're on the verge of getting another one.

why and how did it turn into a smear to discuss a politicans beliefs and opinions on issues of importance?

this is TOTAL bullshit!

the constant whinging about how mean the media is being is just laughable! were you up in arms over the things they said about Hillary? about Obama? about McCain in 2000?

We had a religious nutter in the white house for the last 8 years, we NEED to know if we're on the verge of getting another one.

Because the right wingers keep putting people in line for office who have extreme beliefs and know that those beliefs can't withstand scrutiny. Soo they whine every time such a person is questioned... same as if you don't want religion mixed with your government, you're "Christian bashing".

I don't care what religious beliefs people have. Most people don't care what religious beliefs people have. What people DO care about is whether those beliefs are going to form the basis of the persons efforts to GOVERN.

THAT is why Wright is an irrelevancy.. .because nothign he says has the slightest impact on what Obama will do when he governs. Someone who thinks their religion should be taught in schools and imposed upon others shouldn't govern.

And, yes... we had almost 8 years of someone in officce who let the religious right impact policy. We can't afford another 4, particularly with supreme court appointments in teh balance.

And instead of whining about the press being mean to poor sawah bawwacuda... they should thank their lucky stars that the press, for some reason, is so afraid of offending that they're giving her a pass on extremist views and a fabricated history.

Forum List

Back