Sarah Palin's former Pastor speaks out.

Pastor: GOP may be downplaying Palin's religious beliefs - CNN.com

Quite the interesting article.

Thoughts? Opinions?

I haven't seen this posted here yet so I figured I'd do the honors.

It will depend on HER actual, current beliefs. Perhaps she'll toss the good Rev Tim McGraw under the bus where Wright got tossed.;)

Perhaps she no longer attends the Pentecostal Church for a reason. I know there's a reason I no longer attend the Southern Baptist Church -- I don't believe some of the things they do.

Pastor: GOP may be downplaying Palin's religious beliefs - CNN.com

Quite the interesting article.

Thoughts? Opinions?

I haven't seen this posted here yet so I figured I'd do the honors.

I won't hesitate to answer those questions about what my personal views are, but I am not one to be out there preaching and forcing my views on anyone else."

Well, that's the official quote from her I guess. May as well cut to the chase and see who believes it and who doesn't .

"Pray for our military men and women who are striving do to what is right. Also for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending them out on a task that is from God. That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for -- that there is a plan, and that plan is God's plan."

Oh my god, that's scary. Not again!

I don't think that quote is particularly scary.

She's not saying that the war is a mission from God. Read it closely, guys.

And keep it up, Robbie. You saw what your insane leftwing smears did to Barry's numbers last week.

"Pray for our military men and women who are striving do to what is right. Also for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending them out on a task that is from God. That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for -- that there is a plan, and that plan is God's plan."

Oh my god, that's scary. Not again!

That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for -- that there is a plan, and that plan is God's plan."

Did you intentional not embolden that part ? Here we go again--Christians are scarey people.:eusa_doh:

She's not saying that the task is from God ...

Basically, she's praying (hoping) that the Iraq War is a plan from God.

I don't think that quote is particularly scary.

She's not saying that the war is a mission from God. Read it closely, guys.

And keep it up, Robbie. You saw what your insane leftwing smears did to Barry's numbers last week.

What? I think my post was not tilted left or to the right. It was neutral.

Is it wrong to post articles from CNN now? If something about Rev Wright was posted on Fox News, you'd probably post it here.

Keep up the spin tactics while trying to paint me as a crazy Liberal, it won't work.

I can agree with people on this board on certain points, I can have civil discussions often with people, I have admitted when I felt I was wrong, etc.

All I did was simply post a article from CNN and left people to judge it for themselves. I didn't even inject my own opinion into the matter.

Last edited:

Is it wrong to post articles from CNN now? If something about Rev Wright was posted on Fox News, you'd probably post it here.

Keep up the spin tactics while trying to pain me as a crazy Liberal, it won't work.

I can agree with people on this board on certain points, I can have civil discussions often with people, I have admitted when I felt I was wrong, etc.

All I did was simply post a article from CNN and left people to judge it for themselves. I didn't even inject my own opinion into the matter.

The article is a smear.

There's no substance whatsoever.

The GOP "may" be downplaying Gov. Palin's beliefs. STOP THE PRESSES!

Next thing you know, CNN will find some whackjob she used to know who will claim she "may" handle snakes at church.

I know you didn't write the article. I know you were just posting it. I don't hold you personally responsible. I'm just sick and fucking tired of the insane smears being hurled at this woman, NONE of which have stuck. Independents IMO are the smartest voting bloc (if you can call them a "bloc') and I hope they can see through the DNC-collaborator pro-Obama media's leftwing insane bullshit.

Keep up the spin tactics while trying to paint me as a crazy Liberal, it won't work.

The same question applies to her than applies to Obama ... what and how much do they believe?

She left the Pentecostal church 6 years ago. Obviously for a reason. Not sure where the goobs are trying to spin a prayer from.

Obama claims he does not believe all of what Wright preached. I can't say I have heard him expressing any of Wright's more inflammatory beliefs.

This nation is 80% Christian. Go figure they are part of the 80%.:eusa_eh:

The article is a smear.

There's no substance whatsoever.

The GOP "may" be downplaying Gov. Palin's beliefs. STOP THE PRESSES!

Next thing you know, CNN will find some whackjob she used to know who will claim she "may" handle snakes at church.

I know you didn't write the article. I know you were just posting it. I don't hold you personally responsible. I'm just sick and fucking tired of the insane smears being hurled at this woman, NONE of which have stuck. Independents IMO are the smartest voting bloc (if you can call them a "bloc') and I hope they can see through the DNC-collaborator pro-Obama media's leftwing insane bullshit.

Well that's why I posted this article. So people can say "Hey I agree with this" or "Hey this is BS/Smear."

Lets be honest here, both the Left wing and Right wing have certain parts of their wings persay that have insane bullshit. They just spin it in their own manner.

She's not saying that the task is from God ...

Basically, she's praying (hoping) that the Iraq War is a plan from God.

What the heck is wrong with you people. The Quote is.....""Pray for our military men and women who are striving do to what is right. Also for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending them out on a task that is from God. That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for -- that there is a plan, and that plan is God's plan."

She is saying pray that "our leaders , our national leaders, are sending them out on a task that is from God" thats crazy, God doesnt want war and thats takes the cake for the most stupid thing I have heard come from her mouth. She better pray that God forgives us for going to war, thats what I would like to hear. If she actually thinks that Gods plan is war than I think she is crazy.

Pig's arse it's a smear. The truth is dripping out now and it's going to become decidely more unpleasant. Hmmmmm - if be becomes president will she want a theocracy? I mean it must be God's will and all that. Just imagine, God advising on foreign policy, that's got to be a winner.

What the heck is wrong with you people. The Quote is.....""Pray for our military men and women who are striving do to what is right. Also for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending them out on a task that is from God. That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for -- that there is a plan, and that plan is God's plan."

She is saying pray that "our leaders , our national leaders, are sending them out on a task that is from God" thats crazy, God doesnt want war and thats takes the cake for the most stupid thing I have heard come from her mouth. She better pray that God forgives us for going to war, thats what I would like to hear. If she actually thinks that Gods plan is war than I think she is crazy.

WRONG

we have to make sure that we're praying for -- that there is a plan,

You might not agree with Palin, nor the poster, but God most certainly used wars to His own end. The Old Testament is full of them.

The there is the fact that you presume to speak for God .....

Read the quote again ...

Her use of the term "pray" is synonymous with "hope" in the full context of the quote ...

But you can calm down ... it doesn't make the quote benign or anything ... she's hoping that God has tasked us with war ...

Last edited:
Here's George Carlin view on the matter (This is not the exact quote but what I can best remember).

"We pray to god, they pray to god; someone's going to be disappointed."

George Carlin is right in this aspect. Both sides pray to God but only one side can win. So does that mean God loves one side more then the other? If so, then what about how God loves all his children?

Point being, if you do believe in God that praying for your side to win in War does nothing except give you a little more faith that you might get through the current battle alive.

Not saying it's wrong to pray to win in war, but thats just the truth of the matter.

Here's George Carlin view on the matter (This is not the exact quote but what I can best remember).

"We pray to god, they pray to god; someone's going to be disappointed."

George Carlin is right in this aspect. Both sides pray to God but only one side can win. So does that mean God loves one side more then the other? If so, then what about how God loves all his children?

Point being, if you do believe in God that praying for your side to win in War does nothing except give you a little more faith that you might get through the current battle alive.

Not saying it's wrong to pray to win in war, but thats just the truth of the matter.

Just in case it's not stuck in the back of your mind somewhere that I told you earlier this evening there was no discussing Obama's religion without the wingnuts going rabid, let me reiterate that observation and apply it as well to Palin.:lol:

Forum List

Back