Sarah Palin's book, "Going Rogue by Lynn Vincent" made millions

R

rdean

Sarah Palin to Pen Second Book Celebrating ?American Virtues and Strengths? - The Note

Her second book, HarperCollins said, will include selections from classic and contemporary readings that have inspired Palin, and portraits of people she admires.

--------

I thought "Going Rogue by Lynn Vincent" was amazing selling millions of copies. So, a book written by one stranger made over two million. How much will a book written by a dozen strangers make?

Drill Baby Drill

sarah-palin-wink.jpg

I enjoyed her first one, I didn't know she had another book coming out. Thanks for letting us know I'll put it on my list. :D

Title?
"Why I was for Drill Baby Drill Before I Was Against It"
"Quiting is for Winners"
or,
"Leadership Secrets of Claudius Nero Ceasar"
The latter is being prepared as a book on tape with a fiddlers accompaniment

She's gonna' make a great President. But hey, anyone would be a step up from who occupies the White House now.

She's gonna' make a great President. But hey, anyone would be a step up from who occupies the White House now.

You can't be a scientist, not even a "mad" one. They look at "facts, evidence and statistics".

RDean, if you want something to read, Schumer wrote a book, Pelosi wrote a book and Reid wrote a book. Are you obsessed with Palin?

She's not the only person that ever wrote a book, ya know.

I actually read "Going Rogue" and it wasn't terrible, though Palin comes off as a women who is more than slightly nuts and has no business in office. She steers away from any revelation of her private life that is not already in the public domain, though I don't necessarially fault her for that. The book meanders back and forth from autobiograghy (though clearly, she did not write it) to op ed piece collection. And Palin never once accepts any responsibility for any of the debacles she has been involved with, which apparently begin in her earliest days on the local city council. A consensus builder she ain't; she has a habit of blowing up working government systems then walking away, declaring that they are better off for having been "aired out" by her and the league of unseen, unnamed "common men" who support her.

This second book seems to ape her short-lived stint as a Fox News pundit, when she claimed to have interviewed people who had never even heard of her, including P. Diddy. I should hope her publisher will prevent her from reguritating copywritten material belonging to others, but we shall see.

"Going Rogue" paints Palin as presidential material only for people who believe the US will be better off if stupid people are in charge.

I actually read "Going Rogue" and it wasn't terrible, though Palin comes off as a women who is more than slightly nuts and has no business in office. She steers away from any revelation of her private life that is not already in the public domain, though I don't necessarially fault her for that. The book meanders back and forth from autobiograghy (though clearly, she did not write it) to op ed piece collection. And Palin never once accepts any responsibility for any of the debacles she has been involved with, which apparently begin in her earliest days on the local city council. A consensus builder she ain't; she has a habit of blowing up working government systems then walking away, declaring that they are better off for having been "aired out" by her and the league of unseen, unnamed "common men" who support her.

This second book seems to ape her short-lived stint as a Fox News pundit, when she claimed to have interviewed people who had never even heard of her, including P. Diddy. I should hope her publisher will prevent her from reguritating copywritten material belonging to others, but we shall see.

"Going Rogue" paints Palin as presidential material only for people who believe the US will be better off if stupid people are in charge.

I read the book as well but I wouldn't come to the same conclusion. People's frustration with government is it's inability to act due to the "consensus building" process which can often be defined as "spread the blame for any decision so thin you can't nail it on anyone", resulting in a stuffy paralysis where resulting decisions are so convoluted or polluted with fringe issues as to have just made matters worse. (i.e. multitueds of examples)
Her "bull in a china shop" approach is seen as refreshing in contrast. Presidents don't need to be smart, they need to be inspiring and clear in their vision of the future. They just need to be capable of leading. There's no doubt the energy is there and the vision she protrays resonates with many. People are more likely to pick themselves up and follow the person shouting "Let's go!", no matter the direction, than those who'll sit and say "Well now, let's all think about this". I think that is her appeal and it's one many are craving in these days of stifling political correctness. I'm not so concerned about her, it's those she would surround herself with. That would be my concern.

Palin's comes across as slightly nuts?

pot_kettle.jpg

Palin joined her town's city council and blew it up. She was elected mayor and blew that up. She was elected Governor and blew that up. She was nominated Veep and blew that up.

Since leaving politics, she has done nothing whatsoever to support a single policy of Obama's, articulate a vision for energy or any other policy that brings people together, or even conduct herself without controversy. Any time she fails, she blames someone else.

And yet the only person who was present at every fuck up in her life is Palin. A woman who has a series of catastrophes behind her is not "accomplished". She's a social and political black widow.

What's wrong with making millions of dollars besides pissing off selfish liberals?

Republicans don't understand the difference between making money and making money.

Sarah Palin, by calling her book, "Going Rogue by Lynn Vincent" didn't even try to pretend she wrote it. And that is totally honest. She made the money fair and square.

But look at former Hewlett-Packard CEO, Carly Fiorina. Republicans point to her as a woman who made a fortune and has plenty of "business experience".

She fired 18,000 people and moved their jobs overseas. She spearheaded a disastrous merger and finally, the BOD gave her 21 million dollars to leave. The day she left, company stock went up 7%.

But hey, she got 21 million dollars so she MUST be good, right?

AND Republicans can't get over the fact the Obama wrote his own books. If they had been "ghost authored", believe me, we would know about it. It's a secret that no one could keep.

Forum List

Back