Sarah Palin's Bizarre Iowa Speech Gets Thanks

the left is hard up for anything and anyone to hate on. Palin is their favorite target. Doesn't shine well on the Party that is suppose to be the CHAMPION for women

You think they would worry over their OWN PARTY they helped in sending to become a MINIORITY. but noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. a Palin speech OMG

pathetic

Hey, Staph, you need to pay attention. The people screaming the loudest about Bible Spice's latest speech are Republicans, who are increasingly sorry they promoted this woman. Now they are turning on her.

Wow, guy, I've never had anyone from the government come by to collect money from me with a gun, not once, ever.

But then, I'm not a crazy person.

Perhaps no income on which pay tax?

Maybe one who likes to bend over and grease up before writing cheques?

No, I fill out my tax forms every year because, hey, I like roads and I like living in a civilized society.

Talking with a Libertarian is like trying to get a five year old to share crayons.

They used to be anarchists, but they got a bad name when they started assassinating presidents. Now, they are libertarians, like Clive Bundy and his jailbird son.

The libertarians are anarchists bit again. Wow, you play that card so effectively too. Well done.
I never suggested anarchism. Paranoid much?
See the green. So you are suggesting government with zero dollars that is not anarchy? How does that make sense?

I pointed out the utopia necessary for pure libertarianism the same way it would be required for pure communism.
Pure libertarian is minimum government. Here is my definition for that.

What is a small government libertarian US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

You lose me completely on comparing minimum government (libertarianism) and maximum government (communism).

Libertarianism is, IMO, the ideal barometer and the standard measure for our constitution.

I'm not sure if I'm completely understanding you, it seems like you are contradicting yourself. If you are suggesting that is what government should be, obviously I agree. If you are suggesting we should strive to that but make reasonable compromises, I disagree. Libertarianism is government doing only that which all society benefits because there must be general societal recognition of things like property ownership, shared resources like water, recognition of policy, military protection, ... Anything but libertarianism is government victimizing one citizen for the benefit of another, and that is wrong on any scale. If you mean something besides those two, I missed it completely.
Pure libertarianism requires a utopia. Utopia makes any ideology moot. There will be inevitable needs for concessions as each person's desires and freedoms will conflict in common or public settings. Therefore libertarianism as a barometer works to effect compromises that might not necessarily be libertarian in principle but are necessary to effect order.

Maybe you could bring that down a bit from 50K feet. What about libertarianism doesn't work? Where did the founding fathers go wrong?
The essence of libertarianism is freedom to do whatever an individual wants to the extent that it doesn't confront another. In common or public settings conflict in interests is inevitable, therefore pure libertarianism can't work. That's where compromise is necessary but not without considering libertarian principles.

I have no idea what that means. You said sometimes we need collectivism My question is, "What about libertarianism doesn't work? Where did the founding fathers go wrong?"

Can you give me a non-vapor answer?

Wow, guy, I've never had anyone from the government come by to collect money from me with a gun, not once, ever.

Perhaps no income on which pay tax?

Maybe one who likes to bend over and grease up before writing cheques?

No, I fill out my tax forms every year because, hey, I like roads and I like living in a civilized society.

Talking with a Libertarian is like trying to get a five year old to share crayons.

Yes, we want roads, we get Marxism. You mentioned that high hurdle you set for yourself to justify confiscation and redistribution of money. You want roads! Do ya! Wow, the rhetorical genius...

Yes, we want roads, we get Marxism. You mentioned that high hurdle you set for yourself to justify confiscation and redistribution of money. You want roads! Do ya! Wow, the rhetorical genius...

Roads cost money, buddy. So do taking care of the people who build them when they are too old to build them anymore. Just saying.

Here's the problem you Libertarians have when you argue why you need all 64 crayons and can't share them. It's not like you ever do anything useful with the other 59.

Yes, neither a libertarian nor a box of crayons are going to use guns to confiscate other people's money and give it to you. That is a valid point, Poindexter.

You also don't pay taxes.

And no matter what your particular view is in this conversation, there are courts, State hospitals and trained psychiatrists who disagree with your assertion you are not crazy.

Roads cost money, buddy. So do taking care of the people who build them when they are too old to build them anymore. Just saying.

Here's the problem you Libertarians have when you argue why you need all 64 crayons and can't share them. It's not like you ever do anything useful with the other 59.

We like to share with the kids who need crayons, not the ones who grab them.

You also don't pay taxes.

And no matter what your particular view is in this conversation, there are courts, State hospitals and trained psychiatrists who disagree with your assertion you are not crazy.

Yeah, guy, I do pay taxes. Pretty close to 25% of my income.

And, no, you see, unlike Libertarian nuts, who pretty much have the mentality of a five year old in arrested development, I pretty much function normally.

I mean, seriously, I've met Libertarians IRL. They really can't hold down jobs.

Forum List

Back