Sarah Palin: Wrong Prescription for America?

Interesting column here from Larry Elder.

I was not aware GW Bush had better college grades than Al Gore, a higher IQ test than John Kerry, or higher SAT scores than Rhodes Scholar Bill Bradley!!

___

Creators Syndicate – "Sarah Palin, do you guys really like her?"

My dad's doctor asked me this a couple of weeks ago. His smile seemed to shout, "Are you guys crazy?" I had taken my 94-year-old Republican father to see him several times, but politics never came up. Did the doc really want to go there? It went something like this:

"What's the problem with her?" I said.

"Well, she's, she's —"

["Stupid?"

"All right."

"Really? Why, because she isn't as glib or articulate as you elites like? She didn't answer Katie Couric or Charlie Gibson the way President Obama would have?"

"Yes — I'm one of those elites."

"How stupid do you have to be to take on the establishment in Alaska and win? How stupid do you have to be to have — at the time Republican presidential candidate John McCain picked her — an 84 percent popularity rating in Alaska? She had more executive experience than Obama."

"Well, she doesn't come across as prepared."

"I don't know what qualities you look for. But I'll tell you what counts for me: character, competence and vision. She's likable. She has a strong, stable marriage with a down-to-earth husband. She has convictions that I agree with. Government too big? Check. People taxed too much? Check. Stay on offense in the war on terror? Check. For me, what's not to like?"

____

Full article here - it is quite good!!!

Sarah Palin: Wrong Prescription for America? - Yahoo! News

Who in the hell gives a crap about I.Q or sat tests--or who in the hell graduated from what which Ivy league University? You have consistently elected people who have really never gotten their hands dirty--worked a freakin day in their entire lives or have owned their own small business.

What in the "freak" do you expect?

Look what in the freak these overly-educated morons have done to this country-- For you liberal IQ-- sat test--Harvard graduate--freaking Dumb asse's.

$smallpromoobama_s_promises.jpg

Last edited:
Until you guys learn how to field dress a moose, quit picking on my sweetie, Sarah.

She seems like the kind of gal that a guy would cross the prairie in a covered wagon with. Kind of an all-American "pioneer woman". I'm not necessarily a fan, but I really object to the job the MSM did on her. Every poll I made had Palin winning over Pelosi, and Nancy is third in-line for the presidency. No one is asking for the left to vote for Palin, but they need to remember who called Bush "chimp", so when it starts getting really ugly around election time, remember who threw the first stone...

I'm at a complete loss for words. Shocked, really... I'm wounded. How could you say things like that about my Sarah? Guess she doesn't impress you the way she does me.

I was not aware GW Bush had better college grades than Al Gore, a higher IQ test than John Kerry, or higher SAT scores than Rhodes Scholar Bill Bradley!!

___

My dad's doctor asked me this a couple of weeks ago. His smile seemed to shout, "Are you guys crazy?" I had taken my 94-year-old Republican father to see him several times, but politics never came up. Did the doc really want to go there? It went something like this:

"Well, she's, she's —"

"Stupid?"

"All right."

"Really? Why, because she isn't as glib or articulate as you elites like? She didn't answer Katie Couric or Charlie Gibson the way President Obama would have?"

"How stupid do you have to be to take on the establishment in Alaska and win? How stupid do you have to be to have — at the time Republican presidential candidate John McCain picked her — an 84 percent popularity rating in Alaska? She had more executive experience than Obama."

"I don't know what qualities you look for. But I'll tell you what counts for me: character, competence and vision. She's likable. She has a strong, stable marriage with a down-to-earth husband. She has convictions that I agree with. Government too big? Check. People taxed too much? Check. Stay on offense in the war on terror? Check. For me, what's not to like?"

____

Who gives a sh...t about grades? Holy sh...t--you mean to tell me Liberals vote on which Ivy League University someone goes to--& of course someone who has "zippo experience" at nothing?

Hey I FLUNKED--sewing class--so I guess that's it for me--even though I've been running my own business for 30+ years & have actually contributed to this economy by employing AMERICANS---:cuckoo::cuckoo:

And I sure don't have any Ivy League University degree--:lol::lol:

Last edited:

___

"Well, she's, she's —"

"Stupid?"

"All right."

____

Who gives a sh...t about grades? Holy sh...t--you mean to tell me Liberals vote on which Ivy League University someone goes to--& of course someone who has "zippo experience" at nothing?

Hey I FLUNKED--sewing class--so I guess that's it for me--even though I've been running my own business for 30+ years & have actually contributed to this economy by employing AMERICANS---:cuckoo::cuckoo:

And I sure don't have any Ivy League University degree--:lol::lol:

Eaaaaassssy Big Fella!!!!!!

___

"Well, she's, she's —"

"Stupid?"

"All right."

____

G.W. Bush could slaughter any word in the English language. He had a south-western accent --( that I will add--is probably 25& or more of this country) hated cameras--hated media--hated to get in front of a micro-phone but was actually a POTUS.

Now we've got someone who graduated as a "master of speech" read from a teleprompter as POTUS.---:lol::lol: aka "empty suit"

"Change we can believe in"--:lol::lol:

Um, John Kerry was/is as dim as a light bulb and about as inspirational as an inanimate object. Al Gore, well, let's say he has a few screws loose or something.

I don't think I'd do Palin/Obama like you'd do Bush/Gore/Kerry.

Sarah Palin.

I admit that I do not understand the appeal, at least as it pertains to politics and holding office.

I mean, I understand why the left continues to tear her down. Better to spend three and a half years smearing a potential candidate, making him or her look bad, making his or her name synonymous with failure, stupidity, and what not, rather than one year. Plus she provides a kind of slight of hand distraction, misdirection if you will, which is important when you don't want the populace paying too close attention to what you're doing.

But what is the appeal for the right? I don't care about her grades, or the fact that she attended six different colleges. The ability to field dress a moose? May as well tell me she can bake a great macaroon. I just can't see how she could possibly win.

Sarah Palin.

I admit that I do not understand the appeal, at least as it pertains to politics and holding office.

I mean, I understand why the left continues to tear her down. Better to spend three and a half years smearing a potential candidate, making him or her look bad, making his or her name synonymous with failure, stupidity, and what not, rather than one year. Plus she provides a kind of slight of hand distraction, misdirection if you will, which is important when you don't want the populace paying too close attention to what you're doing.

But what is the appeal for the right? I don't care about her grades, or the fact that she attended six different colleges. The ability to field dress a moose? May as well tell me she can bake a great macaroon. I just can't see how she could possibly win.

Right now, Palin is the only Republican showing her face. In a game of "Whack-a-mole" she is the only mole.
As long as she is out there every day attacking the current administration, she is fair game

Palin is a perfect example of "People who live in glass houses.."

"Well, she's, she's —"

"Stupid?"

"All right."

So tell us Ms Palin.....

- What newspapers and magazines do you read?
Winks....I read them ALL

- What foreign experiece do you have Sarah?

You can actually see Russia from parts of Alaska. I've never been to those parts but since I'm Governor that gives me foreign experience
When Mr Putin comes to America, he has to fly over Alaska. He doesn't actually check with me or anything, but his flying over counts as foreign experience
Alaska is right next to Canada you know, I have no idea who the Prime Minister of Canada is but that counts as foreign experience too
!

Could you get better answers from an ex-beauty queen?

Are you going on the record right now saying those are direct quotes from Sarah Palin?

Do tell...

+ping+

Lets go to the videotape......

Palin looks even dumber every time you look at what she has to say

PALIN: And, Charlie, you’re in Alaska. We have that very narrow maritime border between the United States, and the 49th state, Alaska, and Russia. They are our next door neighbors.We need to have a good relationship with them. They’re very, very important to us and they are our next door neighbor.

GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?

PALIN: They’re our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

COURIC: You've cited Alaska's proximity to Russia as part of your foreign policy experience. What did you mean by that?

PALIN: That Alaska has a very narrow maritime border between a foreign country, Russia, and on our other side, the land-- boundary that we have with-- Canada. It-- it's funny that a comment like that was-- kind of made to-- cari-- I don't know, you know? Reporters--

COURIC: Mock?

PALIN: Yeah, mocked, I guess that's the word, yeah.

COURIC: Explain to me why that enhances your foreign policy credentials.

PALIN: Well, it certainly does because our-- our next door neighbors are foreign countries. They're in the state that I am the executive of. And there in Russia--

COURIC: Have you ever been involved with any negotiations, for example, with the Russians?

PALIN: We have trade missions back and forth. We-- we do-- it's very important when you consider even national security issues with Russia as Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where-- where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border. It is-- from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia, because they are right there. They are right next to-- to our state.

Did she really say:

"Putin rears his head"

"They’re our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."

What a dim bulb

Last edited:

Wonder if Bush is smarter than Obama?

Palin smarter than Obama?

Hmmm... :)

I knew this back in 2004.

But of course the media gives us the impression that all Republicans are Archie Bunker.

Wonder if Bush is smarter than Obama?

Palin smarter than Obama?

Hmmm... :)

I knew this back in 2004.

But of course the media gives us the impression that all Republicans are Archie Bunker.
___

And as much as they attempted to diminish the perception of Bush's intelligence, the media has worked overtime creating an image of Obama's superior intelligence.

The falsity of this image is easily revealed when the Barry goes "off script" though...

Until you guys learn how to field dress a moose, quit picking on my sweetie, Sarah.

She seems like the kind of gal that a guy would cross the prairie in a covered wagon with. Kind of an all-American "pioneer woman". I'm not necessarily a fan, but I really object to the job the MSM did on her. Every poll I made had Palin winning over Pelosi, and Nancy is third in-line for the presidency. No one is asking for the left to vote for Palin, but they need to remember who called Bush "chimp", so when it starts getting really ugly around election time, remember who threw the first stone...

I agree. I have mixed feelings about Palin. I like her. I think she's savvy and smart. Don't know how she would do as the Prez. Right now she isn't running for anything but you never know.

I agree. I have mixed feelings about Palin. I like her. I think she's savvy and smart. Don't know how she would do as the Prez. Right now she isn't running for anything but you never know.

What so many find so appealing is her seeming straightforward honesty regarding issues. That in turn is what turns off many others who would rather have their politicians read from lofty scripted teleprompted verse, or talk in political-speak feel-goodism riddles meant to say everything and nothing at once...

And what foreign policy experience does Obammy have?

NONE.

And what foreign policy experience did either Clinton have?

NONE

NONE.

NONE

Good point.

Though I believe Bill did burn an American flag while abroad.

Does that count?

NONE.

NONE

Good point.

Though I believe Bill did burn an American flag while abroad.

Does that count?

The story I heard was that George Bush burned an American Flag while he was drunk

Does that count?

Forum List

Back