Sarah Palin: Wrong Prescription for America?

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
Interesting column here from Larry Elder.

I was not aware GW Bush had better college grades than Al Gore, a higher IQ test than John Kerry, or higher SAT scores than Rhodes Scholar Bill Bradley!!

___

Creators Syndicate – "Sarah Palin, do you guys really like her?"

My dad's doctor asked me this a couple of weeks ago. His smile seemed to shout, "Are you guys crazy?" I had taken my 94-year-old Republican father to see him several times, but politics never came up. Did the doc really want to go there? It went something like this:

"What's the problem with her?" I said.

"Well, she's, she's —"

"Stupid?"

"All right."

"Really? Why, because she isn't as glib or articulate as you elites like? She didn't answer Katie Couric or Charlie Gibson the way President Obama would have?"

"Yes — I'm one of those elites."

"How stupid do you have to be to take on the establishment in Alaska and win? How stupid do you have to be to have — at the time Republican presidential candidate John McCain picked her — an 84 percent popularity rating in Alaska? She had more executive experience than Obama."

"Well, she doesn't come across as prepared."

"I don't know what qualities you look for. But I'll tell you what counts for me: character, competence and vision. She's likable. She has a strong, stable marriage with a down-to-earth husband. She has convictions that I agree with. Government too big? Check. People taxed too much? Check. Stay on offense in the war on terror? Check. For me, what's not to like?"

____

Full article here - it is quite good!!!

Sarah Palin: Wrong Prescription for America? - Yahoo! News

I was not aware GW Bush had better college grades than Al Gore, a higher IQ test than John Kerry, or higher SAT scores than Rhodes Scholar Bill Bradley!!

Wonder if Bush is smarter than Obama?

Palin smarter than Obama?

Hmmm... :)

Palin: Joke.

Ze end. ;)

Perhaps - Perhaps not. She was polling nearly even with Obama not so far back. She would have much work/damage control to do yet to repair the character damage inflicted upon her in 2008 - I would certainly agree with that.

At any rate, I was not aware that Bush had an IQ higher than John Kerry, higher SATs than Rhodes Scholar Bill Bradley, and better college grades than Al Gore. (actually I do recall something about the Gore grades...)

Now that I think about it, John Kerry does appear rather dim witted, and Al Gore has turned into a far greater joke than Palin could ever be.

I like Bill Bradley though...:eusa_angel:

Ze end. ;)

Perhaps - Perhaps not. She was polling nearly even with Obama not so far back. She would have much work/damage control to do yet to repair the character damage inflicted upon her in 2008 - I would certainly agree with that.

At any rate, I was not aware that Bush had an IQ higher than John Kerry, higher SATs than Rhodes Scholar Bill Bradley, and better college grades than Al Gore. (actually I do recall something about the Gore grades...)

Now that I think about it, John Kerry does appear rather dim witted, and Al Gore has turned into a far greater joke than Palin could ever be.

I'm not saying that she wouldn't win if she ran. It's possible. More ridiculous things have happened. However, I honestly think she's not cut for the job, plus I deeply disagree with most of her views and some of them have the potential of taking American society a 'few steps back' instead of forward. I seriously do not think she is that 'bright' either based on her speeches and debates. She just doesn't strike me as a leader of America ... in the past, now, or in the future and it is not - let me repeat it - NOT - because she is a woman. I believe that for example Mrs. Clinton would make a much better 'leader' than Palin ever could and I disagree with Mrs. Clinton on some issues as well.

Ze end. ;)

I'm not saying that she wouldn't win if she ran. It's possible. More ridiculous things have happened. However, I honestly think she's not cut for the job, plus I deeply disagree with most of her views and some of them have the potential of taking American society a 'few steps back' instead of forward. I seriously do not think she is that 'bright' either based on her speeches and debates. She just doesn't strike me as a leader of America ... in the past, now, or in the future and it is not - let me repeat it - NOT - because she is a woman. I believe that for example Mrs. Clinton would make a much better 'leader' than Palin ever could and I disagree with Mrs. Clinton on some issues as well.

Do you see American taking "a few steps forward" these days?

Perhaps into the abyss?

Maybe a few steps back from the brink of absolute insolvency and a bankrupted future for the next generation would be a good thing?

"Well, she's, she's —"

"Stupid?"

"All right."

"Really? Why, because she isn't as glib or articulate as you elites like? She didn't answer Katie Couric or Charlie Gibson the way President Obama would have?"

So tell us Ms Palin.....

- What newspapers and magazines do you read?
Winks....I read them ALL

- What foreign experiece do you have Sarah?

You can actually see Russia from parts of Alaska. I've never been to those parts but since I'm Governor that gives me foreign experience
When Mr Putin comes to America, he has to fly over Alaska. He doesn't actually check with me or anything, but his flying over counts as foreign experience
Alaska is right next to Canada you know, I have no idea who the Prime Minister of Canada is but that counts as foreign experience too!

Could you get better answers from an ex-beauty queen?

"Well, she's, she's —"

"Stupid?"

"All right."

So tell us Ms Palin.....

- What newspapers and magazines do you read?
Winks....I read them ALL

- What foreign experiece do you have Sarah?

You can actually see Russia from parts of Alaska. I've never been to those parts but since I'm Governor that gives me foreign experience
When Mr Putin comes to America, he has to fly over Alaska. He doesn't actually check with me or anything, but his flying over counts as foreign experience
Alaska is right next to Canada you know, I have no idea who the Prime Minister of Canada is but that counts as foreign experience too
!

Could you get better answers from an ex-beauty queen?

Are you going on the record right now saying those are direct quotes from Sarah Palin?

Do tell...

+ping+

Inside the mind of Sarah Palin..

Beauty queen, class president, cheerleader

Her answers show it

Under Obama care prescpiptions will no longer be available, you will have to fill out a form wait in line and the administrator will get back to you in a year or two. Then be told you can't have it cause it is not on the list of pills available or they are out of it!!!

Under Obama care prescpiptions will no longer be available, you will have to fill out a form wait in line and the administrator will get back to you in a year or two. Then be told you can't have it cause it is not on the list of pills available or they are out of it!!!

Ummmm....yes they will

Inside the mind of Sarah Palin..

Beauty queen, class president, cheerleader

Her answers show it

Ah, so you admit you lied.

Very well...

Feel free to post her actual quotes if you think they make her look more intelligent

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
____

What you have made clear is your use of a legitimate quote followed up by a series of made-up quotes, with no indication by you what was what. It appears you cannot come up with actual quotes to make her look less intelligent, thus you resort to outright deception. How...predictable of you.
____

As for actual Palin quotes - you betcha!

-…there is much to like and admire about our opponent. [Obama]

But listening to him speak, it’s easy to forget that this is a man who has authored two memoirs but not a single major law or reform — not even in the state Senate.

* This is a man [Barack Obama] who can give an entire speech about the wars America is fighting, and never use the word “victory” except when he’s talking about his own campaign. But when the cloud of rhetoric has passed … when the roar of the crowd fades away … when the stadium lights go out, and those Styrofoam Greek columns are hauled back to some studio lot – what exactly is our opponent’s plan? What does he actually seek to accomplish, after he’s done turning back the waters and healing the planet? The answer is to make government bigger … take more of your money … give you more orders from Washington … and to reduce the strength of America in a dangerous world.

Ze end. ;)

Smells like Palin Derangement Syndrome to me....:eusa_whistle:

+

Ah, so you admit you lied.

Very well...

Feel free to post her actual quotes if you think they make her look more intelligent

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
____

What you have made clear is your use of a legitimate quote followed up by a series of made-up quotes, with no indication by you what was what. It appears you cannot come up with actual quotes to make her look less intelligent, thus you resort to outright deception. How...predictable of you.
____

As for actual Palin quotes - you betcha!

-…there is much to like and admire about our opponent. [Obama]

But listening to him speak, it’s easy to forget that this is a man who has authored two memoirs but not a single major law or reform — not even in the state Senate.

* This is a man [Barack Obama] who can give an entire speech about the wars America is fighting, and never use the word “victory” except when he’s talking about his own campaign. But when the cloud of rhetoric has passed … when the roar of the crowd fades away … when the stadium lights go out, and those Styrofoam Greek columns are hauled back to some studio lot – what exactly is our opponent’s plan? What does he actually seek to accomplish, after he’s done turning back the waters and healing the planet? The answer is to make government bigger … take more of your money … give you more orders from Washington … and to reduce the strength of America in a dangerous world.

How does Palin rate compared to Barry? How does George rate compared to Barry? How does Algorical rate compared to Barry? How does Kerry rate compared to Barry?

HOW DOES BARRY RATE? Show me the grades!

Anyone, anyone? Bueller?

Wait, I forgot . . . it's the Obameister, he gets a free pass.

Until you guys learn how to field dress a moose, quit picking on my sweetie, Sarah.

She seems like the kind of gal that a guy would cross the prairie in a covered wagon with. Kind of an all-American "pioneer woman". I'm not necessarily a fan, but I really object to the job the MSM did on her. Every poll I made had Palin winning over Pelosi, and Nancy is third in-line for the presidency. No one is asking for the left to vote for Palin, but they need to remember who called Bush "chimp", so when it starts getting really ugly around election time, remember who threw the first stone...

Forum List

Back