Sarah Palin Unleashes Attack On Obama Over $4.00 Gas And His Refusal To Drill

Read the piece and agree with two of three points; we need to give companies permission to go full *bore* on oil exploration and drilling--the Gulf, offshore everywhere, Alaska, inside the Arctic Circle, Bakken Oil Reserve, etc. But, the oil companies need to do it on their own--no tax incentives, no taxpayer money to subsidize *anything* having to do with oil acquisition. When these oil companies rake in $$$Billions in profits each year (EXXON made like $60 Billion in *Profit* last year!), they can spend some of it to do their exploration and drilling.

Nobody is this stupid. does Alaska sell their oil cheaper than Canada because they are part of the good old USA? What your saying is the price of oil will drop at the pump if we drill. Wrong, all it will do is make some people very rich and you the consumer paying just as much. All that would happen is other countries will cut back.

would it help the economy of the USA, maybe a little but we all know that 2.5 trillion didn't get spent doing anything and they didn't have to even drill a well.

You want to show me anything in any legislation put forth to drill that says they must sell to the USA and for a good price at the pump?

Iran is "stating" that they are targeting the "supply" of oil to the USA. In war, if you cut the supply lines, you can isolate the enemy and dictate terms. Much of the price of oil is in the transportation. The farther you have to ship it, the more risk is involved with pirates, hostiles, nature, etc. If we drill in the USA, yes, Iran could still cut the supply lines, but it would not be as large a percentage needed. If the USA pays the going rate and there is oil available that can be transported with less risk, the price drops. If we need the ME less, the price drops even more: the ME has nothing else to trade (no one wants to buy terrorists). It hurts Iran and reduces our dependency on the ME.

For the economy: American workers pay American taxes, support American communities, and use American services. If you have tens of thousands working excellent paying jobs (understand these jobs are extremely dangerous), that will help us with treasuries, communities and the overall economy.

Funny, the people that want to stop all oil production here are the same one declaring they don't understand why the ME is all about oil. :cuckoo:

Conservatives are great fans of the free market till the bill comes due.

Is Drilling equivalent to Welfare?

I have been thinking about the price of oil, and the whimpering from the republicans and others. Oil prices are driven by supply, demand, and competition. Demand is driven by lifestyle. Now if a women cannot make a mistake and welfare participants cannot make a mistake then Americans who have made bad decisions regarding energy should suffer the same social darwinistic plight. So I guess I don't understand why republicans are blaming drilling, aka ruining our planet, for their own bad decisions.

Just as republicans and others complain about taxes, shouldn't citizens of the world complain about wasteful lifestyles that have the potential to ruin mother earth? It would seem from a moral point of view to be a fair conclusion. So again let me repeat my question, if we are irresponsible with energy then why the complaints? Didn't we create this situation? http://www.usmessageboard.com/congress/54977-is-drilling-equivalent-to-welfare.html

The solution is here: http://www.usmessageboard.com/energy/56561-plowing-not-drilling.html

Last edited:
Read the piece and agree with two of three points; we need to give companies permission to go full *bore* on oil exploration and drilling--the Gulf, offshore everywhere, Alaska, inside the Arctic Circle, Bakken Oil Reserve, etc. But, the oil companies need to do it on their own--no tax incentives, no taxpayer money to subsidize *anything* having to do with oil acquisition. When these oil companies rake in $$$Billions in profits each year (EXXON made like $60 Billion in *Profit* last year!), they can spend some of it to do their exploration and drilling.

Lordy, lordy, utter Heresy! Next you will be saying something like the rich should pay the same percentage of their income as the middle class does.

Simple unavoidable truth. We use 24% of the worlds oil. We have 3% of the worlds reserves. The faster we use our own, the sooner it is gone.

Forum List

Back