Sarah Palin to Speak Before Death Panel

Polk

Classic
Aug 25, 2009
Ost
Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin has made no secret of her opinion on Canadian public health care. But she's scheduled to speak at a fundraiser for a hospital and cancer center in Canada.

ThinkProgress points out that St. Peter's Hospital is public, performs abortions, and offers end-of-life decision support.

Organizers hope to sell 1,000 tickets at $200 a plate, but raise more via photos with Palin.

Palin To Speak At Fundraiser For Canadian Hospital

Guess beliefs take a back seat to the almighty dollar.

Hey, Sarah is American, so of course she can bifurcate the moral and economic parts of her mind.

Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin has made no secret of her opinion on Canadian public health care. But she's scheduled to speak at a fundraiser for a hospital and cancer center in Canada.

ThinkProgress points out that St. Peter's Hospital is public, performs abortions, and offers end-of-life decision support.

Organizers hope to sell 1,000 tickets at $200 a plate, but raise more via photos with Palin.

I see you have yet to grasp what Palin meant when she referred to 'death panels'.

Idiot.

I see you have yet to grasp what Palin meant when she referred to 'death panels'.

Idiot.

She was referring to end-of-life counseling.

Ah, actually, CG, yes, Palin was referring to end of life counseling as if it were the death panels, such as the insurance companies hold on those who are trying to get life-saving treatment.

Can't you be honest?

Ah, actually, CG, yes, Palin was referring to end of life counseling as if it were the death panels, such as the insurance companies hold on those who are trying to get life-saving treatment.

Can't you be honest?

She's a conservative. That requires denying reality.

What's interesting here is that so many Canadians are interested in hearing Palin's ideas on how Canadians can reform their health system that one of the organizers describes landing her as a real coup.

GuelphMercury.com - News - Sarah Palin to visit Hamilton for fundraisers

For the academically challenged, death panels, according to Sarah Palin, are a reference to the rationing of health care and the impact of that rationing. It was Dr Emanuel who talked about the requirement for rationing and that such rationing would result in a decision making council - ie a panel who decide who does or does not get care.

This constant misrepresentation of what Palin said has been regurgitated so often that it's not surprising that the lie becomes the truth - to some people. But not to those of us who actually know what was said. Palin sites as an example, her own son, Trig as potentially not being able to access this 'rationed' care.... based on Dr Emanuel's own words.

You can twist it as much as you like but it is the liberal media who have misrepresented it - and it's pretty damned obvious why.

CG's defense does not wash Palin clean.

If you paid any attention to what other's actually say, instead of just your own delusions, you would know that I am not exactly enamoured with Palin. Facts are facts though and what I said about death panels is fact. It's media spin that the term relates to end of life counciling.

Just once, Joke, try and see sense instead of what you're fed by the media.

Your interpretation of the facts about Palin and what she said does not agree with what she really said, darling girl. Now stop being hysterical, calm down, and try again.

Your interpretation of the facts about Palin and what she said does not agree with what she really said, darling girl. Now stop being hysterical, calm down, and try again.

Let me make sure I understand you. Because I disagree - and am factually accurate - with what Palin meant by 'death panels', I am hysterical and the appropriate response from a grown up is to response with sexist remarks? Ok. Got it.

Fuck off you complete asshole. I should have known better than to confuse a moronic liberal male with fact. My bad. You stupid.

So you are xenophobiic and sexist? OK, I get that. Sarah said what she meant and meant what she said. Yes, you are being very shrill because you are being very wrong. Three words: get over it. Three more words: get it right. Two final words: buh bye.

Forum List

Back