Sarah Palin thanked profusely by Adele for making her an "overnight sensation"

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
Totally cool! And Sarah graciously accepted the singers high praise during an interview with the BBC.

2E9AD0E400000578-0-image-a-32_1448141247314.jpg

Here's how it went down: The Rolling In The Deep singer made her admission during her Adele At The BBC TV special, pictured, which aired on BBC One on Friday after taping November 2

"
Adele revealed how the politician helped boost her career in her Adele At The BBC television special, hosted by Graham Norton for BBC One, which aired on Friday after taping November 2.

The 27-year-old Brit harked back to 2008, saying: 'The week I was doing Saturday Night Live, it was meant to be a normal week but the week after, Sarah Palin was supposed to do it.'

Sarah was running as Vice President in the election at the time and was a huge ratings pull.

Adele continued: 'Because something came up in the campaign, she came and did the week I was doing it with Josh Brolin.

It was one of the most watched SNLs ever, and then it was two weeks before the Grammy ballot, which is when people decide what songs they want to maybe nominate, so, like, literally the stars aligned for me.'

After SNL, Adele's album 19 shot to No. 1 on iTunes, she was nominated for four Grammys and won two. 'All thanks to Sarah Palin,' Adele said. "

Sarah Palin thanks Adele after singer credits her with her US success

Totally cool! And Sarah graciously accepted the singers high praise during an interview with the BBC.

Here's how it went down: The Rolling In The Deep singer made her admission during her Adele At The BBC TV special, pictured, which aired on BBC One on Friday after taping November 2

"
Adele revealed how the politician helped boost her career in her Adele At The BBC television special, hosted by Graham Norton for BBC One, which aired on Friday after taping November 2.

The 27-year-old Brit harked back to 2008, saying: 'The week I was doing Saturday Night Live, it was meant to be a normal week but the week after, Sarah Palin was supposed to do it.'

Sarah was running as Vice President in the election at the time and was a huge ratings pull.

Adele continued: 'Because something came up in the campaign, she came and did the week I was doing it with Josh Brolin.

It was one of the most watched SNLs ever, and then it was two weeks before the Grammy ballot, which is when people decide what songs they want to maybe nominate, so, like, literally the stars aligned for me.'

After SNL, Adele's album 19 shot to No. 1 on iTunes, she was nominated for four Grammys and won two. 'All thanks to Sarah Palin,' Adele said. "

Wow, she woefully underestimates her talent and woefully overestimates Palin's influence.

When I read this I could almost hear you doing that girly-squealy thing.

Betcha Sarah's next step will be a singing "career," dontcha know.

Palin's 15 minutes of fame is the longest 15 minutes in history!

:lol:

I love it!

When I read this I could almost hear you doing that girly-squealy thing.

Betcha Sarah's next step will be a singing "career," dontcha know.

My favorite colors are Real Tree Mossy Oaks sweetie pie. I've never been a "girly girl"

"

Wow, she woefully underestimates her talent and woefully overestimates Palin's influence.

That's stupid. Any big name artist requires exposure before they can become a big name. All the talent in the world is useless if nobody is watching. Adele is pointing out that Palin being on that episode helped give her increased exposure early in her career, at a particularly opportune moment no less.

"

That's stupid. Any big name artist requires exposure before they can become a big name. All the talent in the world is useless if nobody is watching. Adele is pointing out that Palin being on that episode helped give her increased exposure early in her career, at a particularly opportune moment no less.

And so where is Sarah today, besides a footnote on Adele's Twitter page? Funny how she's not bouncing around in a bus and making speeches like she did in 2012. I suspect she and the kids have spent a lot of that hard-earned money [[eye roll]] on booze and coke and can't afford to get out of Wasilla.

"

And so where is Sarah today, besides a footnote on Adele's Twitter page? Funny how she's not bouncing around in a bus and making speeches like she did in 2012. I suspect she and the kids have spent a lot of that hard-earned money [[eye roll]] on booze and coke and can't afford to get out of Wasilla.
Don't forget the old man got kicked out of the military over coke....

"

Her career obviously pales in comparison to your great achievements in life. Please list them here so we can see if you
A. Have any credibility
or
B. Are just a shrill voice on the internet.

"

Her career obviously pales in comparison to your great achievements in life. Please list them here so we can see if you
A. Have any credibility
or
B. Are just a shrill voice on the internet.
Some have other things to do than suck at being a human..

Forum List

Back