Sarah Palin slaps Biden down and exposes him as a hypocrit for remarks about her.

You need to site your sources and link this. Thanks! -EZ

Wow!!! She owns Biden and makes him eat his words over remarks about her and energy. This is why I like Sara Palin. She gives it right back to them and makes them look like the absolute hypocrites and fools that they are. Here in Louisiana I have to agree with her. We have a tremendous amount of drilling going on for Oil & Gas and the economy is booming as revenues pour in.

BIDEN IN THE NORTH COUNTRY: Speaking at a rally for congressional candidate Bill Owens in upstate New York, Vice President Joe Biden begins, "I'm happy to be back up in North Country. ... I used to be a lifeguard in Ontario, place called Sandy Pond." The crowd cheers loudly. "I have nothing but good memories about here." (10:55 a.m.)

Calling NY-23's last congressman, Republican Army Secretary John McHugh, "a decent, honorable guy," Biden continues: "The idea that Rush Limbaugh would then pick his successor is kind of unusual. You know, the most extreme wing of the Republican Party made it clear in this campaign that they're not going to tolerate any dissent." (10:59 a.m.)

The crowd boos as Biden mentions Sarah Palin's endorsement of Doug Hoffman. He jumps in: "Look, she just has — her views are real and they're consistent with [Dick] Armey and with [Rush] Limbaugh and with Dick Cheney. Look, these guys are entitled to their views."

Saying the GOP doesn't have room for moderates anymore, Biden invites centrists to try voting Democratic: "Let me assure you, we have room. We have room. ... We welcome you. We're not asking you to switch your party, we're asking you to join us and teach a lesson" to the right wing of the GOP. (11:01 a.m.)

On Doug Hoffman: "He's probably a decent, honorable guy," Biden says. "I can't say for certain I know every view that he has. But I know the views and the policies that got us in this godawful mess that we find ourselves in." (11:03 a.m.)

Going after the GOP for opposing the president's agenda, Biden calls out his former opponent: "It's a lot more complicated, Sarah, than drill, baby, drill," he says. (11:09 a.m.)

Sarah Palins Response:

Response to Vice President Biden's Comments Today About My Position On Energy Independence
Yesterday at 10:12am
As the vice president knows, I have always advocated an all-of-the-above approach to American energy independence. Among other things, my alternative energy goal for Alaska sits at 50 percent because Alaska reached more than 20 percent during my term in office. The Obama-Biden administration, on the other hand, recently announced a renewable goal of only 25 percent. However, domestic drilling should remain a top priority in order to meet America’s consumption and security needs.

The vice president’s extreme opposition to domestic energy development goes all the way back to 1973 when he opposed the Alaska pipeline bill. As Ann Coulter pointed out, “Biden cast one of only five votes against the pipeline that has produced more than 15 billion barrels of oil, supplied nearly 20 percent of this nation’s oil, created tens of thousands of jobs, added hundreds of billions of dollars to the U.S. economy and reduced money transfers to the nation’s enemies by about the same amount.”

This nonsensical opposition to American domestic energy development continues to this day. Apparently the Obama-Biden administration only approves of offshore drilling in Brazil, where it will provide security and jobs for Brazilians. This election is about American security and American jobs.

There’s one way to tell Vice President Biden that we’re tired of folks in Washington distorting our message and hampering our nation’s progress: Hoffman, Baby, Hoffman!

- Sarah Palin

Forum List

Back