Sarah Palin Scolds And Obama Folds: He will now meet BP CEO after her Facebook Attack

I thought it hilarious when I heard Robert Gibbs answer a Reporter, "BO has not talked to the CEO, because they have a Board to go through"

Morons are representing our Country :redface:

Just what we deserve for electing someone who never worked in a board room, or even for someone who worked in a board room.

Our last president worked in a boardroom.

And we all know how well that worked out.

Ya, I don't think boardroom experience is mandatory, but a little common fuckin' sense would sure go a long way right now.:eusa_pray:

In case any of you ditto heads haven't noticed, BP's CEO is a moran and has NO answers....

You might want to look up a bit more on BP's CEO before calling him a moron. He happens to be a hands-on, long term industry man and is probably one of the most technically qualified senior officers that any oil company has on this planet. It's a good thing he is were he is, it's just a bad thing the problem is as bad as it is. I'm sure BP is wishing they had been more proactive in overseeing what kind of job was the rig company and the regulators were doing and you can bet they won't count so much on them in the future but, at present, the problem is a technical nightmare requiring not only clear and careful thinking but a good deal of creativity as well. People running around demanding and screaming provide nothing constructive at this point. There will be plenty of time for blaming each other after the probem in solved, assuming it can be solved.

Are you fucking kidding me? This asshat is the BEST they got? They drill 43 miles off of OUR fucking coastline at depths that have barely been tried in the past and he allows safety measures to be left out of the equation???? God help us.

Basically, yes. This is why we should be drilling on land within our own country and going nuclear. When you have as many rigs in the ocean as there are, something like this is bound to happen. Nothing is fool proof.

You know.........Tea Party Braindead is totally off base with this.......

Obama stated (when he first went to the Gulf 4 days after it happened), that he wanted to speak to the CEO's, and they were avoiding him and would only tell him what he wanted to hear.

However, I do believe that they finally found a free space in the schedule to make it happen, which is why it's happening.

Sarah Palin has no more influence on Obama than her endorsement has influence on elections. Big whoop, she picked 3 out of 4 winners, that's 75 percent.

The ones that she did pick correctly? They were the heavy favorites anyway. Attributing any kind of influence to Palin is like saying that the ant in the back yard is sending you telepathic messages to mow the lawn.

Anyone who believes in Palin believes in stupidity as a lifestyle.

No, what he stated, when asked directly, is that he did not call him because the he would only tell him what he wanted to hear. Do you honestly expect me to believe that any CEO would not take the call of POTUS? Especially when I can go and look at what Obama actually said, and not rely on my faulty memory?

Today Show Video Player

Ok, let's play this game.

If Palin thought it was so important for the president to talk directly to Hayward, right away,

why did she wait 6 weeks to mention it?

lolololol

case closed.

Maybe she just assumed, like every other rational person on the planet, that he had done so at the beginning of the mess.

Of course, a lot of people assumed Palin would finish her first term as Governor too...:eusa_whistle:

If Palin thought it was so important for the president to talk directly to Hayward, right away,

lolololol

case closed.

Maybe she just assumed, like every other rational person on the planet, that he had done so at the beginning of the mess.

Of course, a lot of people assumed Palin would finish her first term as Governor too...:eusa_whistle:

Guess what, I don't care because I am not obsessed with her, unlike 90% of the fringe on both sides. I only commented one that post because the reason she didn't say anything before is obvious, unless you are an Obamazombie.

So, let's speculate on what the rightwing Plan B attack would have been if Obama had met with Hayward, say, the first week...

I'm going with 'well he's just there kissing the ass of his big meal ticket. Did we mention how much money Obama got from big oil?'

See, it's easy. And to think Limbaugh is a billionaire just for having had that skill.

Facebook - the new political vehicle put to use by a capable political entity. We’re watching history being made. Palin is now telling the Whitehouse what to do and they are following her advice. The power of Palin continues to grow. Palin was smart to attack on this front. They have no defense and their quick about face shows that. Obama retreated in the face of Palin power.

W.H. asks BP brass to face Obama - Josh Gerstein - POLITICO.com

Conservatives4Palin.com: Obama Folds Like a Community Organizer...Will Meet With the CEO of BP Thanks to "Political Heat" from Palin

It didn't take long for Barack Obama to fold like a cheap suit on the issue of meeting with the CEO of British Petroleum. All it took was one Facebook post. Politico noticed as well by reporting (emphasis added): Obama’s reluctance to go mano-a-mano with BP also generated political heat.

In a Facebook post Tuesday, former Republican Vice Presidential Candidate and Alaska Governor Sarah Palin scoffed at the president’s explanation on NBC and mocked the press for taking so long to press the president on the issue.

“In all the discussions you’ve had with the White House about the spill, did it not occur to you before today to ask how the CEO-to-CEO level discussions were progressing to remedy this tragedy? You never cease to amaze,” Palin wrote. “This revelation is further proof that it bodes well to have some sort of executive experience before occupying the Oval Office.”

Fuck that! I said it on facebook before Sarah did. She is just repeating what I said. The Whitehouse is following MY advice. :rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Facebook - the new political vehicle put to use by a capable political entity. We’re watching history being made. Palin is now telling the Whitehouse what to do and they are following her advice. The power of Palin continues to grow. Palin was smart to attack on this front. They have no defense and their quick about face shows that. Obama retreated in the face of Palin power.

W.H. asks BP brass to face Obama - Josh Gerstein - POLITICO.com

Conservatives4Palin.com: Obama Folds Like a Community Organizer...Will Meet With the CEO of BP Thanks to "Political Heat" from Palin

It didn't take long for Barack Obama to fold like a cheap suit on the issue of meeting with the CEO of British Petroleum. All it took was one Facebook post. Politico noticed as well by reporting (emphasis added): Obama’s reluctance to go mano-a-mano with BP also generated political heat.

In a Facebook post Tuesday, former Republican Vice Presidential Candidate and Alaska Governor Sarah Palin scoffed at the president’s explanation on NBC and mocked the press for taking so long to press the president on the issue.

“In all the discussions you’ve had with the White House about the spill, did it not occur to you before today to ask how the CEO-to-CEO level discussions were progressing to remedy this tragedy? You never cease to amaze,” Palin wrote. “This revelation is further proof that it bodes well to have some sort of executive experience before occupying the Oval Office.”

And where does it say that Palin's Facebook post had ANYTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO with the President's decision to meet with the BP CEO?

Additionally, I find it somewhat amusing that a person who only a number of months ago was running for Vice President of the United States, posts on Facebook. What else does she do - snap her gum while texting her girlfriends 24/7?

I think we are about to find out who controls this country, either the American People or the Republican's Corporate Masters.

Anyone else remember how much influence Edwards and Lieberman had on Bush or how much influence Jack Kemp had on Bill Clinton? Yeah me neither.

lolololol

case closed.
She did suggest Obama meet with execs weeks ago and she suggested Obama to meet with Alaska Oilmen who had experience with Spills.

lol, right. Post that.

She also claimed she was never for deepwater drilling, which brings us to the salient point here,

she's a loser who doesn't know what she's talking about.

So we're not going to get evidence of that claim? Maybe I was right then, maybe Palin really did just parrot some talking point that was already in play on the anti-Obama blogosphere.

Forum List

Back