Sarah Palin Not First Choice for 90+% of Educated Republicans

Generally, the more education a Republican has, the less likely they are to support Ms. Palin to lead the Republican Party.

Palin Draws Limited Support Among College-Educated Republicans - NYTimes.com

If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on Romney winning the nomination in 2012. Christie would be a fascinating choice as well.

Oh goody!

In other words, elitists are less likely to support Palin.

Yeah, we should look to elitists "conservatives" like David Brooks who went gaga over the "crease" in Obama's trousers.

Yes, we can't have the "rabble" picking our candidates.

We need candidates the elites want like John McCain.

Oops! He lost!

But try telling us we need to follow the elites. Yeah that will work.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That's right. Anyone who is educated and makes money is an "elitist."

I'm always astounded at how envy and resentment is such a motivator for some on the Right. In most countries, envy and resentment is usually on the Left. That's true in America also, but it is widespread on the Right in this country too, as TeaPartySpamurai clearly demonstrates.

And we are talking about a leftist attitude right here Toro!

Remember the "smartest guys in the room" told us McCain was our best candidate. He was "electable."

Same thing about Dole.

And as USUAL, the "smartest guys in the room" take their cue from the LIBERAL MEDIA.

If it's sooooooooooooooooooo schmart to be led around by the nose, by the liberal media, you can have it.

Us "dumb people" will follow people like Reagan, whom the "smartest guys in the room" at that time told us, could never get elected.

TPS must get whiplash trying to follow the rich and educated. She worships them in business, despises them in politics, the arts, education and doubtless IRL and yet she wants the rest of us to think there's some sort of thought process going on when she responds like Pavlov's dog to the latest prompt.

I wish she'd play dead for her next trick.

There's a reason envy is a sin, dumbass.

envy.jpg

You have any evidence for that delusional rant, or did you expect me to immediately defend against something you made up out of whole cloth?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If you think "intellectuals" are always a good thing then you got to get your head checked. Those "intellectuals" are AKA "Elitists" are absorbed into their own little word. They ideas and policies are often just put on paper and "sound" and "feel" good.

I would rather have a bunch of schmoes in my party then a bunch of elitists.

What a great idea! Smart people cannot solve all our problems...let's try stupid people next.

Geeze Louise......

Well who defines smart?

In elitist land, it's the guys who always get it WRONG!

Hitler only wants living space!

Peace in our time!

Smart people thought communism was a great idea.

The "superman" and fascism was a great idea.

Keynesian economics was a great idea.

Obama was a great idea.

What is it about getting it wrong, time after time after time, makes people so schmart???????

And the guys who actually get things done like Reagan soooooooooo dumb?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Wow.

That's...

that's...

that's just mind-boggling.

Whatever "smart" is, it's not this post.

Remember the "smartest guys in the room" told us McCain was our best candidate. He was "electable."

Same thing about Dole.

And as USUAL, the "smartest guys in the room" take their cue from the LIBERAL MEDIA.

If it's sooooooooooooooooooo schmart to be led around by the nose, by the liberal media, you can have it.

Us "dumb people" will follow people like Reagan, whom the "smartest guys in the room" at that time told us, could never get elected.

TeaPartySpamurai

Here is a brief summary of what "smart" and "intellectual" people have given us.

Medicine
genital_warts_medicine.jpg

Cars
group-auto-cars-741619.gif

The constitution
constitution.jpg

Computers
imac.preview.jpg

Clean water
clean-water-393x393.jpg

Sanitation
HomeToiletImage2.jpg

Electricity
electricity-distrbution.jpg

Crop innovation
banting-wheatfield.jpg

And so on.

So instead of carrying a massive chip around on your shoulder for "smart" people and "elites," you should be getting up every morning, thanking God that there are much smarter people in the world who are making your life better.

Generally, the more education a Republican has, the less likely they are to support Ms. Palin to lead the Republican Party.

If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on Romney winning the nomination in 2012. Christie would be a fascinating choice as well.

Oh goody!

In other words, elitists are less likely to support Palin.

Yeah, we should look to elitists "conservatives" like David Brooks who went gaga over the "crease" in Obama's trousers.

Yes, we can't have the "rabble" picking our candidates.

We need candidates the elites want like John McCain.

Oops! He lost!

But try telling us we need to follow the elites. Yeah that will work.

That's right. Anyone who is educated and makes money is an "elitist."

I'm always astounded at how envy and resentment is such a motivator for some on the Right. In most countries, envy and resentment is usually on the Left. That's true in America also, but it is widespread on the Right in this country too, as TeaPartySpamurai clearly demonstrates.

Apparently, I must spread some rep before repping you again. Go figure!

What a great idea! Smart people cannot solve all our problems...let's try stupid people next.

Geeze Louise......

Well who defines smart?

In elitist land, it's the guys who always get it WRONG!

Hitler only wants living space!

Peace in our time!

Smart people thought communism was a great idea.

The "superman" and fascism was a great idea.

Keynesian economics was a great idea.

Obama was a great idea.

What is it about getting it wrong, time after time after time, makes people so schmart???????

And the guys who actually get things done like Reagan soooooooooo dumb?

Wow.

That's...

that's...

that's just mind-boggling.

Whatever "smart" is, it's not this post.

I think we see where smart isn't when you can't even TRY to refute.

You just ran away and said "well, you're dumb because I say so."

Of course your mind is boggled. Like all of the "smartest guys in the room" you expect smart to be defined by the dictum, "everyone says so!"

The little boy just piped up and said the Emperor has no clothes and you have been left flustered.

Same thing about Dole.

TeaPartySpamurai

Here is a brief summary of what "smart" and "intellectual" people have given us.

Medicine
genital_warts_medicine.jpg

Cars
group-auto-cars-741619.gif

The constitution
constitution.jpg

Computers
imac.preview.jpg

Clean water
clean-water-393x393.jpg

Sanitation
HomeToiletImage2.jpg

Electricity
electricity-distrbution.jpg

Crop innovation
banting-wheatfield.jpg

And so on.

So instead of carrying a massive chip around on your shoulder for "smart" people and "elites," you should be getting up every morning, thanking God that there are much smarter people in the world who are making your life better.

No, no no no.

Nice try. That's what INNOVATERS have given us.

Not the same thing as elites.

For example the Founding Fathers were going AGAINST the "educated elite" of their day in Founding this country.

The ELITE of their day was invested in the monarchy.

My family knew Henry Ford. Henry Ford was a neighbor of my Dad when he was a kid and even bought my dad an ice cream cone once.

Henry Ford was not an elitist, but a self made man.

He was born on a farm, and started in business as apprentist machinest.

Computers?

Jobs and Gates started their business in a garage.

I could go on and on.

Wonderful innovaters. Inventing cars, medicine, computers. Etc etc etc.

Doesn't mean they always know who should run the country.

Sorry, your examples are a big fail.

Of course your mind is boggled. Like all of the "smartest guys in the room" you expect smart to be defined by the dictum, "everyone says so!"

The little boy just piped up and said the Emperor has no clothes and you have been left flustered.

Everything we have today is because of some smart "elitist" person somewhere created something that made our lives easier. The smart people and "elites" are people whom we should be venerating, not resenting, because without them, we would still be living in the Stone Age.

In America, the Left envies and resents wealth, the Right envies and resents intellect. Both are rooted in small-minded pettiness.

COOPER: From a nonpartisan perspective, David, I mean clearly she has energized a core conservative base, but she has certainly also energized Democrats against her and McCain and clearly now it seems like some conservatives, I mean some conservatives Peggy Noonan and others, kind of rethinking.

GERGEN: I agree with that. I think that Bay is absolutely right. She did enormous good for John McCain early on. But increasingly her positives are going down, her negatives are going up. They're higher than her positives now. And she is rallying other people outside of the base of the Republican Party to support Obama.

And they think that she's a very risky choice. So you know, from that point of view -- and also I have been surprised by the number of conservative columnists, like George Will and Peggy Noonan, David Brooks today in the "New York Times" talking about Obama's temperament, how well suited he was and how impressed he was.

There are a number of conservative intellectuals who have really come the other way. It's been quite, quite interesting.

BUCHANAN: You hit it on the nose. Intellectuals, intellectuals, they aren't the ones that are in there and fighting for our causes. You know, those who really know about this Republican Party and about the conservative cause --

COOPER: Intellectual is a dirty word now?

BUCHANAN: They are fully, fully behind Palin. And to suggest her ratings are up, her negatives are up, that's her job. She's the attack dog, for heaven's sakes.

CNN.com - Transcripts

Intellectuals NOT WANTED in the Republican Party.

Anti-intellectual, anti-liberal, anti-internationalist, anti-pacifist, anti-foreigner...

...that sounds vaguely familiar...I don't suppose there's also a mass hostility towards people of a certain religion with these volks is there??

lol

Everything we have today is because of some smart "elitist" person somewhere created something that made our lives easier. The smart people and "elites" are people whom we should be venerating, not resenting, because without them, we would still be living in the Stone Age.

In America, the Left envies and resents wealth, the Right envies and resents intellect. Both are rooted in small-minded pettiness.

And the smartest people in the room are represented BY THE NEW YORK TIMES????????????

Hellooooooooooooooooooooooo!

This is just what I said. We are letting "coventional wisdom" pick out candidates and "coventional wisdom" is ALWAYS THE LIBERAL MEDIA.

The liberal media told us McCain was our most electable candidate and as usual the "smartest guys in the Republican party," the elites, are going to be led around by the nose by those same people.

THIS is your idea of convincing us who is and is not the best candidate? THE NEW YORK TIMES????????

Why don't you just have George Soros pick our candidates. He's elite enough for you, I'm sure.

Hysterically funny!

Last edited:
No, no no no.

Nice try. That's what INNOVATERS have given us.

Not the same thing as elites.

For example the Founding Fathers were going AGAINST the "educated elite" of their day in Founding this country.

The ELITE of their day was invested in the monarchy.

My family knew Henry Ford. Henry Ford was a neighbor of my Dad when he was a kid and even bought my dad an ice cream cone once.

Henry Ford was not an elitist, but a self made man.

He was born on a farm, and started in business as apprentist machinest.

Computers?

Jobs and Gates started their business in a garage.

I could go on and on.

Wonderful innovaters. Inventing cars, medicine, computers. Etc etc etc.

Doesn't mean they always know who should run the country.

Sorry, your examples are a big fail.

You were the one who was disparaging intellectuals in this thread. I hate to break it to you, but most innovation isn't created by "average" guys working in their basements. The creators of technology and innovation are usually highly educated people, often coming from well-to-do and educated families. Much of America's innovation come from these intellectuals, who spend their days and nights in university labs, trying to find the Next Big Thing.

And the smartest people in the room are represented BY THE NEW YORK TIMES????????????

This is just what I said. We are letting "coventional wisdow" pick out candidates and "coventional wisdom" is ALWAYS THE LIBERAL MEDIA.

The liberal media told us McCain was our most electable candidate and as usual the "smartest guys in the Republican party," the elites, are going to be led around by the nose by those same people.

THIS is your idea of convincing us who is and is not the best candidate? THE NEW YORK TIMES????????

Why don't you just have George Soros pick our candidates. He's elite enough for you, I'm sure.

Hysterically funny!

If there has ever been a bigger non sequitur on USMB than this post, I'd like to see it.

Resentment on the Right runs deep.

Last edited:
This poll hits it right on point. Most of the Palin supporter are shirtless wonders sitting around watching FOX 24/7. She will continue to stick her foot into her mouth, until she will kill all her chances. I liked McCain, but he created a monster when he nominated this woman. He "emboldened" her. She is a disaster all around.

This is just what I said. We are letting "coventional wisdow" pick out candidates and "coventional wisdom" is ALWAYS THE LIBERAL MEDIA.

Hysterically funny!

If there has ever been a bigger non sequitur on USMB than this post, I'd like to see it.

I'm sure in her own mind she's pwning your whole world and shaking the very foundations of all that you once thought you knew .... or something.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

gopcollege.png

there are any number of interesting conclusions and what ifs based on studies like this, I am not sure how much attention come campaign time their handlers/managers pay attention to them ( until its over that is)....but they are imho fluff in the end i.e.;

No High School High School Some College College Graduate Postgrad. Edu.
Obama 63% 52% 51% 50% 58%
McCain 35% 46% 47% 48% 40%
Nader 0% 1% 1% 1% 1%

Percent of voters 4% 20% 31% 28% 17%

I have highlighted the 'low end and high ( coll grads since that they are the much larger number)' of the education status of the voters....

notice anything peculiar or remarkable?

sorry the numbers don't line up...the chart is here;
Red states and blue states - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

its all a formula; the right amount of looks, apparent intellect, common sense, populism gets you there, no one sect etc.

and...just for the heck of it-

Under $15k/ $15k - $30k/ $30k - $50k/ $50k - $75k /$75k - $100k/$100k -$150k/ $150k - $200k/ $200k or more

Obama 73% 60% 55% 48% 51% 48% 48% 52%
McCain 25% 37% 43% 49% 48% 51% 50% 46%
Nader 1% 2% 1% 0% 1% 1% 0% 1%
Percent of voters 6% 12% 19% 21% 15% 14% 6% 6%

Last edited:
sure she would.

:rofl:
well, could she really be much worse?
LOL

and out of that list, Romney would be my choice

Mitt Romney is a fraud.

Mit Romney is a bigger flip flopper than John Kerry.

I judge a man by his DEEDS not his words.

Romney's deeds as Gov WERE NOT CONSERVATIVE, they were as far left AS OBAMA!

How UTTERLY STUPID do people have to be to glom onto Romney as the answer to Obama, when there isn't a dime's worth of difference between Romneycare and Obamacare?

Romney went on record as being for abortion, gay marriage, banning the Boy Scouts, on and on and on.

Romney is as liberal as OBAMA!

I judge a man by his ACTIONS. He led his state as liberal as Ted Kennedy and once he has presidential aspirations all of a sudden he starts talking conservative to fool the REST OF THE COUNTRY.

And you some of you people are stupid enough to buy it?

What difference is there between Clinton talking like a conservative to fool people and Romney doing it?

YOU GUYS CANNOT BE THIS DAMN STUPID.

You vote for Romney you might as well vote for Obama. That's no lie.

If you don't believe me. Deny all this EVIDENCE!

American Thinker: Mitt Romney: A Massachusetts Liberal for President

The Mitt Romney Deception

Homosexual "Rights"

Gov. Romney has a long history of promoting and furthering the homosexual agenda, and working closely with leading gay activists

Romney barred Boy Scouts from public participation in 2002 Olympics

That's just some of the evidence.

NO WAY is Romney a conservative. He's as conservative as Arlen Specter!

Problem is, you can't name an electable conservative, i.e., someone conservative enough for you.

Forum List

Back