Sarah Palin - compilation thread

sorry, i think if you opt to have kids....normal or not ..you should spend the majority of your time with them. not working to pay a staff to care for them.. i know its offensive to working mothers but i never understood the concept of working for all this to pay someone else to raise the most important human in your life?

if you are not gonna put your kids before power and all..why have them...everyyone was so critical of elizbeth edwards...when she continued knowing she had cancer...

as for abortion...the majority of americans believe in "limited" abortions rights...if either party were serious about doing something about it...just like a lot of issues...it would have been done.

but I stand by my statement....i find that the conservatives seem more concerned about the fetus than the poor child. these are the people with "cant feed them, dont breed them" bumperstickers, eh?

What we have here is a right wing shifty voo.

The international experience that they were bitching about Obama isn't the same that she has. Look at all her dealings with international issues.

One heartbeat away from the presidency. No being a governor for about two years doesn't cut it. Being a state senator for eight years and now in the senate is more experience.

Remember, McCain's grandfather died of a heart attack at 61. His father died at 71 or 72. Not a real smart choice for second in command no matter how you spin the shit.

This is about getting womem's votes and the anti abortion crowd, don't give us experience angle. That is bullshit.

sorry, i think if you opt to have kids....normal or not ..you should spend the majority of your time with them. not working to pay a staff to care for them.. i know its offensive to working mothers but i never understood the concept of working for all this to pay someone else to raise the most important human in your life?

if you are not gonna put your kids before power and all..why have them...everyyone was so critical of elizbeth edwards...when she continued knowing she had cancer...

as for abortion...the majority of americans believe in "limited" abortions rights...if either party were serious about doing something about it...just like a lot of issues...it would have been done.

but I stand by my statement....i find that the conservatives seem more concerned about the fetus than the poor child. these are the people with "cant feed them, dont breed them" bumperstickers, eh?

I bet she can multi-task---you don't think women can do a job and raise a child ? She seems to have done quite well so far and tossed out a lot of corrupt males in her own party in the process .
Do you really want to attack a woman candidate because she has young children ?

In fact, she said she didn’t know what the vice president does.

Larry Kudlow of CNBC’s “Kudlow & Co.” asked her about the possibility of becoming McCain's ticket mate.

Palin replied: “As for that VP talk all the time, I’ll tell you, I still can’t answer that question until somebody answers for me what is it exactly that the VP does every day? I’m used to being very productive and working real hard in an administration. We want to make sure that that VP slot would be a fruitful type of position, especially for Alaskans and for the things that we’re trying to accomplish up here for the rest of the U.S., before I can even start addressing that question.”

Palin dissed veep job - Yahoo! News

In fact, she said she didn’t know what the vice president does.

Larry Kudlow of CNBC’s “Kudlow & Co.” asked her about the possibility of becoming McCain's ticket mate.

Palin replied: “As for that VP talk all the time, I’ll tell you, I still can’t answer that question until somebody answers for me what is it exactly that the VP does every day? I’m used to being very productive and working real hard in an administration. We want to make sure that that VP slot would be a fruitful type of position, especially for Alaskans and for the things that we’re trying to accomplish up here for the rest of the U.S., before I can even start addressing that question.”

Palin dissed veep job - Yahoo! News

It's a good question----you tell me---what EXACTLY does a VP do everyday?--(It's also a good throw-away stalling comment until the announcement was made)

I bet she can multi-task---you don't think women can do a job and raise a child ? She seems to have done quite well so far and tossed out a lot of corrupt males in her own party in the process .

it appears i have underestimated the time it takes to be vp...i think children are more important to a family than possessions. I think time with your family making memories is what a mother should be doing.

it appears i have underestimated the time it takes to be vp...i think children are more important to a family than possessions. I think time with your family making memories is what a mother should be doing.

I doubt she treats her children like a bowling ball but if you think she needs to stay at home with the kids, so be it.

This will and is being seen by many Hillary supporters as a token selection. She is against McCain's stand on experience.

She was picked because she is a female and thats the only reason IMO> I was insulrted that he would think that a woman would vote for him because he selected a woman.

You of course can prove that is the reason she was selected with documented fact? Didn't think so.

She's not a go-with-the-flow Republican, and took on both the Alaskan Republicans and the oil corporations there. Since McCain made his name doing just that, could be that is the reason he chose her.

Then again, maybe he wanted a name the left hasn't had a chance to bash for years on years.

Makes more sense than that leftwing spin of yours.

technically, she has more executive experience than Obama, Biden, and McCain. She was a mayor and is governor. She was on the city council, but that is not executive experience. She is actually in charge and the head of something. She is not a person that votes on issues along with others or simply on a committee. There is a reason many senators and congressmen don't make it in the oval office (last one was JFK, btw). They aren't leaders in the sense of being solely in charge like a governor. They don't have executive experience. She has it. She is the only one one either ticket with it.

Actually wouldn't that be Johnson that was the last one?

Wow, the spin is on. I'm hearing these same talking points on rightwing talk radio, and the wingnutosphere.

Do you know what mayors and city coucil persons of small towns and small cities do? They make sure the garbage is picked up, the firehouse has a new engine, and that the city park grass is mowed.

18 months as governor of a backwater state. Please be honest, and admit this is not the qualifications of a potential president by the standards republicans have been applying for the last 12 months.

Can't be hearing any worse that the wailing and gnashing of teeth from the leftwingnutosphere on this board.

Two years as a junior Senator from arguably the most corrupt political system in the US. Please be honest and admit this is not the of qualifications of a potential president by the standards Democrats have been applying the last 12 months.;)

This could be another Dan Qauyle pick. Or not. I don't know enough about this lady. Maybe she's super smart and super informed on national and international issues.

Because if she's not, and she starts looking like a fool under withering questioning, McCain's going to regret this choice. It will not only look like he was being disengenous by pandering to women, but he picked an unqualified person to use for pandering.

How much does it take to be smarter than Obama on energy? Check your tire pressure lately?:badgrin:

How much does it take to be smarter than Obama on energy? Check your tire pressure lately?:badgrin:

How much does it take to be smarter than you?

We waste an ENORMOUS amount of energy. Even McCain agreed with Obama on the tire pressure thing. Conservation and fuel efficiency requirements for cars is a great idea.

Can't be hearing any worse that the wailing and gnashing of teeth from the leftwingnutosphere on this board.

Two years as a junior Senator from arguably the most corrupt political system in the US. Please be honest and admit this is not the of qualifications of a potential president by the standards Democrats have been applying the last 12 months.;)

Oh man--the gnashing of teeth is awesome :lol:

"damn it---we just spent zillions caliming experience isnt' all that important. They have video claiming it isn't. Now what the hell do we do ? " :rofl:

Hoisted on their own petard. Thanks RNC for at least making this interesting !

Last edited:
How well I remember when your Daddy was called an idiot, despite his acceptance into Harvard and his career as a jet pilot.

He got in at the lowest possible score. If you judge how well he ruled in the last 8 years, he is an idiot.

Sorry if i cast stone on your false idol.:lol:

This is my rant.

McCain has the female base, now?....

Does Mccain think this stuff through, IM not quite sure he does? Lets face it he doesn't. OK, Let's add a woman (Palin) to the ticket. We can grab those Hillary voters for sure now. McCain "assuming" that just because a woman is on the ticket that he is going be able to get that vote, because of this move. IM sure that women will not vote for a woman just because she on the ticket. Women don't vote on the gender as the Mccain camp would like you to believe. If women did vote on gender, then what was the big issue over rumors Obama picking a female senator from Kansas, that was not Hillary. The women hated it. See my point?

McCain's thought process?....

What about the problems, and the forseen-bagage that came along with this pick? I don't think McCain gave any credence to that thought. Seeing as the Hillary voters was only thing on McCain's mind, he didn't give any thought beyond that. I can see that McCain doesn't think long term when picking a Vice president. What was one thing McCain hammered again and again? It was the "experience" issue. So they pick Sara Palin. "Opps." She has considerably less experience then Obama. But I guess McCain forgot about that "issue" didn't he?

You would assume that McCain wouldn't want a pick that could bring "controversy" to the table for the McCain campaign. Well, she does bring "controversy" to the table. It looks to be a another big fault by McCain, in choosing Palin as a Vice president. Lets not worry though because "I" McCain will have that female vote that wouldn't vote for Obama come this fall.

What about the picking "a" Vice President for a state? That would be a smater move on Mccain's part. His pick wasn't though. McCain didn't see a state strategy as working? Palin doesn't help him in this department at all. I assumed he would want to fight for every state he could win. Tom Ridge and Pennsylvania Vs Biden and Pennsylvania there is a battle for that state.

There is my rant.

Forum List

Back