Sarah Palin - compilation thread

Not a woman... but anyway

I vote on one thing and one thing only...

which of the candidates more closely aligns with my own personal stances on the issues... I usually, in the primaries, create a little checklist of the 10 or 15 most important issues... and have my stance, and check on each issue, which candidates agree with my stance... add up who has the most check marks, and go from there

Last edited:
As women see a chance for a female vs. female..race in 2012....would you vote for a woman due to her sex over her views on issues?

As a woman, I would like to see a woman in the vp or presidential slot but not a figure head. I would like to see a well qualified woman.

Men, will you vote against a candidate due to her sex? and why?
Not me. I vote for the one that is more likely to share my views than my gender.

No I don't vote based on gender.

I wasn't a Hillary supporter even though as a woman I would like to see a female president in my lifetime.

I, like Diamond, base my vote on which candidate most closely aligns with my views on issues that are important to me.

Palin is Anti-choice. strike one

Palin is pro NRA. Strike two

There isn't enough history recorded on her to know what her feelings are on other important issues that matter to me so that is strike three....

I do appreciate her stance on gay couple rights but that isn't any different than Obama's stance on civil unions.

As women see a chance for a female vs. female..race in 2012....would you vote for a woman due to her sex over her views on issues?

As a woman, I would like to see a woman in the vp or presidential slot but not a figure head. I would like to see a well qualified woman.

Anyone that votes for someone just because of their gender is sexist. I personally will be voting for she and McCain because they are running against Obama and Biden.

Could it also be racist if someone votes for or against a black just because of his race. There are many blacks and whites in the democratic party voting for Obama just because of his race.

This will and is being seen by many Hillary supporters as a token selection. She is against McCain's stand on experience.

She was picked because she is a female and thats the only reason IMO> I was insulrted that he would think that a woman would vote for him because he selected a woman.

technically, she has more executive experience than Obama, Biden, and McCain. She was a mayor and is governor. She was on the city council, but that is not executive experience. She is actually in charge and the head of something. She is not a person that votes on issues along with others or simply on a committee. There is a reason many senators and congressmen don't make it in the oval office (last one was JFK, btw). They aren't leaders in the sense of being solely in charge like a governor. They don't have executive experience. She has it. She is the only one one either ticket with it.

Anyone that votes for someone just because of their gender is sexist. I personally will be voting for she and McCain because they are running against Obama and Biden.

Could it also be racist if someone votes for or against a black just because of his race. There are many blacks and whites in the democratic party voting for Obama just because of his race.

wow, can you point me to the video clips of people saying "yep I'm voting for Obama cuz he's black"?

I'm a white woman and I've been an Obama supporter since the very beginning.

there is the assumption by McCain that women who would've voted for Hillary will not vote for him because of Palin. That caters to the lowest common denominator of our electoral process and while there might be people who in fact will cast a ballot based on that critiera I don't think they account for enough to swing the vote one way or another.

As a white man I see nothing in either candidate that makes me want to vote for them HOWEVER the more I am told that I am a racist for voting for McCain or a mysogynist if I didn't support Hiilary, it has becoming very tempting to vote for McCain/Palin to show everyone jsut how wrong they are.

Not me. I vote for the one that is more likely to share my views than my gender.

It's not men vs women, gays vs straight, christians vs non christians, guns vs no guns, abortion vs choice, etc.

It's rich vs. middle class. She's for the rich.

I'm glad they not only picked a rookie, but they picked one from a red state that we didn't stand a chance in hell of winning.

We're going to kill this ticket.

she has a 4 month old baby with downs.....why would she want this job...taking more time away from a child who needs her....

or is this simple conservative compassion again...i will force you to have a child ...just hope you have the funds for a nanny if the child is handicap. she would have known by the 4 th month that her child had downs. What is better...her refusal to abort....or her refusal to give the child the time from her that it needs?

Women aren't idiots. They're going to vote for for who represents their interests, and who they think is qualified to be prez.

I don't think Geraldine Ferraro helped Mondale one bit.

Around the margins there might be some people who vote on gender identity. But not enough to sway an election.

Either Palin is qualified to be a potential president, or she's not. That's how most people will judge her.

I don't vote based on gender any more than I vote based on color.

But I think it's fun to tell libs that if they are against Palin, they're sexist pigs, since they've been calling Republicans racist for refusing to support Obama. That's the way they've avoided the real issues so far.

But I think it's fun to tell libs that if they are against Palin, they're sexist pigs, since they've been calling Republicans racist for refusing to support Obama. That's the way they've avoided the real issues so far.
Who's been calling Republican's racist?

I think the people who vote for sex would be the men.

But then, what wont most men do for sex?

and they know it full well too-----they just got the script all down and now they have to write a whole new one. Look at the desperate drap the liberal posters are having to use now ! :lol:

She seems like a nice person, outdoorsy mom, and conservative, but a person with almost no experience a heartbeat away from the presidency? Experience does not matter all of a sudden?

she has had 6 more years of executive experience than Obama does.

technically, she has more executive experience than Obama, Biden, and McCain. She was a mayor and is governor. She was on the city council, but that is not executive experience. She is actually in charge and the head of something. She is not a person that votes on issues along with others or simply on a committee. There is a reason many senators and congressmen don't make it in the oval office (last one was JFK, btw). They aren't leaders in the sense of being solely in charge like a governor. They don't have executive experience. She has it. She is the only one one either ticket with it.

She was on city council for a town of 5500 then was mayor of that same towne... wtf... then two years of real executive experience.. Is your stance that she actually has better experience or more executive...

lol.. lindsey graham said her political experience means nothing.. its her life experience... I guess being runner up Miss Alaska taught her a lesson or two... no wait.. it was actually winning the Miss Wassila pagent. eh.. gave her a scholorship to go to college where she majored in constitutional la.. I mean Journalism.. whoa.. at the same time she minored in Politics.. well crap.. that should give her plenty o experience to deal with a two front war while contemplating two more and having to deal with a maniac in Nkorea and the rise of India and China..

My mistake... she is the best qualified candidate..

Wow, the spin is on. I'm hearing these same talking points on rightwing talk radio, and the wingnutosphere.

Do you know what mayors and city coucil persons of small towns and small cities do? They make sure the garbage is picked up, the firehouse has a new engine, and that the city park grass is mowed.

18 months as governor of a backwater state. Please be honest, and admit this is not the qualifications of a potential president by the standards republicans have been applying for the last 12 months.

Originally Posted by midcan5
She seems like a nice person, outdoorsy mom, and conservative, but a person with almost no experience a heartbeat away from the presidency? Experience does not matter all of a sudden?

I believe the democrats were the ones to explain to us how it didn't in order make Obama look a little more palatable. How did I know you were going to try to have it both ways ?
You convinced us---now quit bitching.

This will and is being seen by many Hillary supporters as a token selection. She is against McCain's stand on experience.

She was picked because she is a female and thats the only reason IMO> I was insulrted that he would think that a woman would vote for him because he selected a woman.

And Obama wasn't a token selection ???? :lol:
Stop --your killing me.:lol:

This could be another Dan Qauyle pick. Or not. I don't know enough about this lady. Maybe she's super smart and super informed on national and international issues.

Because if she's not, and she starts looking like a fool under withering questioning, McCain's going to regret this choice. It will not only look like he was being disengenous by pandering to women, but he picked an unqualified person to use for pandering.

Forum List

Back