Sarah Palin being considered for Secretary of Veterans Affairs

it's gonna be either Palin or someone of Hispanic descent.

Roger Stone...wall told me!

unfortunately, Crazy Sarah is out of the running.

it will be FOX's Sexy Pete Hegseth or Sexy Veteran Scott Brown

Sarah Palin has this USMC veteran's full support and trust, no matter what role or capacity she is asked to serve in.

Sent from my SM-N920V using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

She probably won't get the job, but if she did, I would be comfortable with it. You won't find anybody who has more concern for, loyalty to, or compassion for the active military, reservists, or veterans than she does. And she has enough administrative experience to get things done.

Yes the anti-Trump people say this is privatizing the VA, but I have not heard Trump or anybody close to him say anything of the sort. What he has said is that the vets who don't live close to a VA medical facility or aren't close to one when they need one will be allowed to see a doctor where they are and the VA will pick up the tab. I have looked at that from every possible angle and cannot come up with anything to fault it.

Yes the anti-Trump people say this is privatizing the VA, but I have not heard Trump or anybody close to him say anything of the sort. What he has said is that the vets who don't live close to a VA medical facility or aren't close to one when they need one will be allowed to see a doctor where they are and the VA will pick up the tab. I have looked at that from every possible angle and cannot come up with anything to fault it.

Hate to tell you, but that program is ALREADY in place. If a veteran lives over 50 miles away from a VA facility, or if his appointment cannot be made within 30 days, all people in the VA system have been issued cards for just that purpose.

Last physical that I had, it was going to take 35 days to get one, but because I am still in pretty good shape, I told them that the wait was no problem and I would wait so that I could keep all my medical records together. A couple of days later, I got a letter telling me that since my physical appointment was over 30 days wait, if I wanted, I could go and get a physical in town.

Hate to tell you, but that program is ALREADY in place. If a veteran lives over 50 miles away from a VA facility, or if his appointment cannot be made within 30 days, all people in the VA system have been issued cards for just that purpose.

Last physical that I had, it was going to take 35 days to get one, but because I am still in pretty good shape, I told them that the wait was no problem and I would wait so that I could keep all my medical records together. A couple of days later, I got a letter telling me that since my physical appointment was over 30 days wait, if I wanted, I could go and get a physical in town.

The point Trump is making is that people who need a doctor shouldn't have to wait for something at the VA to open up. So the vets will be able to use the VA if convenient and they want to, or can see a private doctor if they want to. One of my closest friends is a recently ex-VA emergency room doctor. She has a lot of stories to reinforce why Trump's plan will be a very good thing.

The point Trump is making is that people who need a doctor shouldn't have to wait for something at the VA to open up. So the vets will be able to use the VA if convenient and they want to, or can see a private doctor if they want to. One of my closest friends is a recently ex-VA emergency room doctor. She has a lot of stories to reinforce why Trump's plan will be a very good thing.

Like I said........the program ALREADY EXISTS. If you have to wait 30 days or more to see a doctor, you can go to one outside the VA. Same thing if you live 50 or more miles away from the nearest VA facility. The program was instituted shortly after the Phoenix debacle. The program is called Veteran's Choice.

Trump doesn't have to put one in place, it already exists, and has for a couple of years now.

Incidentally, many vets who have used Veteran's Choice prefer to use the VA if at all possible.

Like I said........the program ALREADY EXISTS. If you have to wait 30 days or more to see a doctor, you can go to one outside the VA. Same thing if you live 50 or more miles away from the nearest VA facility. The program was instituted shortly after the Phoenix debacle. The program is called Veteran's Choice.

Trump doesn't have to put one in place, it already exists, and has for a couple of years now.

Incidentally, many vets who have used Veteran's Choice prefer to use the VA if at all possible.

When you have your UTI or other condition meriting quick response, you don't want to wait three days let alone a week or two weeks to see your VA doctor. And when the VA emergency room is backed up for many hours--and they usually are--having other options really can't be seen as a bad thing can it?

I saw it earlier on MSNBC. How do veterans feel about that possibility? So far, this is the only link I've found:

The Immoral Minority: Reports say that Sarah Palin is under consideration to join Trump's cabinet as the Secretary of Veteran's Affairs. Update!

Mr President, as a Disabled American Veteran I respectfully nominate Bristol Palin instead

people-bristol-palin.jpeg-620x412.jpg

Thank you for considering my nominee

Veterans should use the hospital system with the US paying the bill. Vets don't need special hospitals full of second class doctors. Give us the best that the market can bring give us insurance like Medicare.

Forum List

Back