Sarah Michelle Gellar Sparks Debate with Lingerie Photo Post About Not Overeating on Thanksgiving

Nonsense.This has nothing to do with ‘the left’ anywhere on the political spectrum. Indeed, using the ‘PC’ myth to silence dissent and compel conformity is the purview mostly of conservatives.
`
Speaking of nonsense, I associate PC with far left nonsense. What Geller did was non-confrontational, benign even. The PC body police loons took to criticizing or attacking Geller because, in my opinion, her body looks more attractive than theirs. If you gaunt it, flaunt it.
`
`

I don't think it's political, I also don't agree with it because overeating one day a year only is not going to make you fat, overeating every day is. And I don't see what the pics have to do with it.

LOL!

You folks would argue about dirt clods.

I don't think it's political, I also don't agree with it because overeating one day a year only is not going to make you fat, overeating every day is. And I don't see what the pics have to do with it.
yes..genetics has a lot to do with it

yes..genetics has a lot to do with it
Yeah, I have heard that too, pituitary glands and whatnot. I'm not an expert though.

I'm going to post photos of myself from 1978 around the house to remind myself to never ever, never, ever wear a white suit with a big collar open blue shirt

''Sarah Michelle Gellar’s inspiration to stay fit for Thanksgiving? Herself.

The actress, 41, sparked a social media debate after she shared throwback photos in lingerie as a reminder not to overindulge during the holiday.

“I’m just going to pin these up all over my house as a reminder not to overeat on Thursday #thanksgivingprep,” she captioned the pics.'

Taken at a 2007 photo shoot for Maxim, the sexy shots quickly stirred up controversy in Gellar’s comment section.

“Your caption is problematic and I suggest you do some research on eating disorders, the mental health issues that go along with them, and how diet culture is harmful to women. Girls look up to you, and you should be mindful of the message you’re sending,” said one fan.

Another added, “How empowering for women! Disappointing to use your platform to promote thinspiration on a once a year holiday that should be about togetherness and gratitude.”

But for the most part Gellar’s fans were supportive of the actress who shares daughter Charlotte Grace and son Rocky with her husband of 16 years Freddie Prinze Jr.

One Instagrammer wrote,”Thank you for promoting a healthy lifestyle! You can enjoy Thanksgiving without going crazy!!”

“You are gorgeous and you have the right to post whatever you want. I applaud your hard work to look like you do and should be able to joke around. People need to stop caring so much about what you post or say about yourself and focus on themselves,” said another fan.

Nevertheless, Gellar apologized on Instagram.

“It’s come to my attention that some people think I was ‘fat shaming’ with this post. That could not be further from my intentions,” she said. “I love Thanksgiving and unfortunately my eyes are often bigger than my stomach, and I tend to eat so much I make myself sick. This was a joking reminder to myself not to do that. I’m terribly sorry that people were offended by my attempt at humor. Any one that knows me, knows I would never intentionally ‘shame’ any one on any basis. I am a champion of all people.”

Sarah Michelle Gellar Sparks Debate with Lingerie Photo Post About Not Overeating on Thanksgiving

This is utterly ridiculous, PC nonsense. She has NOTHING to apologize for. NOTHING.

All the woman said was that she was going to use pictures when she was fit to remind herself not to overeat.

SO F'ING WHAT?

I guess I have news for you America? Overeating is not good. Fat is BAD. It looks bad (to most people). It is VERY unhealthy and it usually hurts self-esteem (because it looks bad AND is unhealthy).

If you feel bad about your appearance because you are fat (and there is no medical reason why you cannot be fit)....GOOD. Maybe that will get you to do the healthy thing and lose some fat.

I said it before - and I will probably (sadly) say it again - PC has gotten COMPLETELY out of control in America.
Thanksgiving is a good time to be grateful, if your girlfriend looks like that.

Forum List

Back