Sarah and Trig on the Campaign Trail

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
I just watched NBC Nightly News, and they did a piece on Sarah Palin and Trig on the campaign trail. Some thoughts are that's good~she's getting the word out about Down Syndrome while others think she's using him for her own political gain.

I'm torn, because the more people are aware the better, but then again, isn't 6 months a tad to young to be on the campaign trail? I know she needs to be with her kids, but they don't need to always be on stage with her, do they?

Here is someone's thoughts about it, they make some good points.

Sarah Palin Is Exploiting Trig, Her Baby With Down Syndrome

I just watched NBC Nightly News, and they did a piece on Sarah Palin and Trig on the campaign trail. Some thoughts are that's good~she's getting the word out about Down Syndrome while others think she's using him for her own political gain.

I'm torn, because the more people are aware the better, but then again, isn't 6 months a tad to young to be on the campaign trail? I know she needs to be with her kids, but they don't need to always be on stage with her, do they?

Here is someone's thoughts about it, they make some good points.

Sarah Palin Is Exploiting Trig, Her Baby With Down Syndrome

I'm going to give Sarah Palin the benefit of the doubt and say I do not believe she is exploiting her child. She merely wants to be as near to her baby as she can at all times, as any mother would. Of course the media does what it does, and we all know what that means. Seems like with some people, she's damned if she does and she's damned if she doesn't.

I'm going to give Sarah Palin the benefit of the doubt and say I do not believe she is exploiting her child. She merely wants to be as near to her baby as she can at all times, as any mother would. Of course the media does what it does, and we all know what that means. Seems like with some people, she's damned if she does and she's damned if she doesn't.

Agreed--the life of a politician. She's been around long enough to know she can't avoid the criticism.

See, that's why I'm torn. I couldn't stand being away from my daughter when she was younger at all! (now, she could be gone for a week and I'd be yelling "woo hoo!" :tongue: )

It's a Catch 22 imo.

See, that's why I'm torn. I couldn't stand being away from my daughter when she was younger at all! (now, she could be gone for a week and I'd be yelling "woo hoo!" :tongue: )

It's a Catch 22 imo.

She's using the kids. She dressed up Piper in that Flyers jersey thinking the Philly crowd wouldn't boo her. She thought incorrect and said later "Why are they booing Piper?"

I would hope these kids are being taught what they should be learning in school on the campaign trail, but you notice Barack Obama rarely has his kids at rallies of any sort.

I was listening to cspan weeks ago, right after the republican convention during their call in period and a woman in a similar circumstance thought it horrible that Palin was parading around with the baby. Her words were the child required care, support and love not display and wasn't a trophy of some sort.

I was listening to cspan weeks ago, right after the republican convention during their call in period and a woman in a similar circumstance thought it horrible that Palin was parading around with the baby. Her words were the child required care, support and love not display and wasn't a trophy of some sort.

Well i would like to thank you and cspan for this information. Because you both indeed know that this child was not receiving care, support or love from its mother...... :clap2:

Palin does treat it as such. "I have a down syndrome baby so vote for Mavericky and me!"

Honestly, I feel a bit bad for the kid because I can't imagine the life that trig will go through (never mind having the name trig).

Though hey, if that is her kid then waiting hours after her water broke to give a speech, flying from Texas to I believe California/Washington and then to Alaska just to have the kid is up on the list of "Pretty fucking stupid ideas".

There ain't no low too low for a liberal again. Now we're back to the kids. We don't talk about kids but we are back to the kids.. Tsk tsk tsk.

Well i would like to thank you and cspan for this information. Because you both indeed know that this child was not receiving care, support or love from its mother...... :clap2:

She can love the kid but still treat it as a trophy prop.

Obama is smart and keeps his kids off the campaign trail for the most part. I can't recall the last time I saw them at a event with him.

There ain't no low too low for a liberal again. Now we're back to the kids. We don't talk about kids but we are back to the kids.. Tsk tsk tsk.

Well hey, if she doesn't want the fact she is using the kid as a damn trophy being said then guess what? STOP using the kid as a damn trophy.

Simple shit no?

Besides, lets not even begin on the amount of shit that was said about Chelesa Clinton during the 90's. Including from Johnny Mac himself.

Salon Newsreal | A joke too bad to print?

So take your "Thou so righteous" ass and keep on walking.

She can love the kid but still treat it as a trophy prop.

Obama is smart and keeps his kids off the campaign trail for the most part. I can't recall the last time I saw them at a event with him.

None of the Obama kids are infants. You clowns act like Palin is passing the kid around the audience or something......

:lol: Said the guy with the avatar of Obama with his little girls hanging over him.

I'm sure the baby had no such perception of being on display.

So you really think her child is not getting care, support and love?

None of the Obama kids are infants. You clowns act like Palin is passing the kid around the audience or something......

Everywhere you look, Palin has least one of her daughters with her or Trig.

Remember Piper at the Flyers Game just very recently put into a flyers jersey?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7TgDanmWkg[/ame]

That a little refresher to your very short memory?

She uses them as a shield and to draw support. So therefore, they are political props.

Last edited:
Well hey, if she doesn't want the fact she is using the kid as a damn trophy being said then guess what? STOP using the kid as a damn trophy.

Simple shit no?

Besides, lets not even begin on the amount of shit that was said about Chelesa Clinton during the 90's. Including from Johnny Mac himself.

Salon Newsreal | A joke too bad to print?

So take your "Thou so righteous" ass and keep on walking.

Who are you to judge you hypocrite. DUmbass

Sarah Palin: 'How Dare They Boo Piper!' | Workbench

Look at this.

Then look me straight in the eye and say the kids ain't a damn prop.

Palin came out on the ice with her daughters Willow and Piper, the younger girl dressed in a Flyers jersey. A Fox News producer, Shushannah Walshe, says that Palin intentionally dressed Piper that way to discourage boos:

The GOP Vice-Presidential nominee said at an earlier fundraiser that she would stop some of the booing from the rowdy Philadelphia fans by putting her seven year old daughter, Piper in a Flyers jersey. She said, "How dare they boo Piper!"

Her secret weapon may have worked.

National Journal corroborates the producer's account.

What kind of parent would expose a seven-year-old child to a potentially abusive crowd in an attempt to defuse hostility? Philly fans are notorious for being tough -- they once booed Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Michael Irvin as he was being taken off the field strapped to a gurney with a potential spinal injury.

If Palin has made a single campaign appearance without trotting out her kids, I haven't seen it.

Everywhere you look, Palin has least one of her daughters with her or Trig.

Remember Piper at the Flyers Game just very recently?

She uses them as a shield and to draw support. So therefore, they are political props.

The Palin family are hockey fans who went to a hockey game during political season.

Big deal.

And everywhere she goes she brings her small children! Oh my! :eek:

:rofl: It's silly season, alright.

Who are you to judge you hypocrite. DUmbass

I never said I'm perfect. Your the one who's acting more righteous then can be.

If you want to condemn "Liberals" for going so low. Then either condemn Johnny Mac right here and right now or YOU are a hypocrite.

If you refuse to condemn him, don't bother responding and slink back to the hole in which you came.

Forum List

Back