Sapp is done

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
Signing with the Bungles will be the death knell.

Agent: Sapp close to four-year deal with Bengals

MIAMI (AP) -- Warren Sapp is "very close'' to signing a four-year deal with the Cincinnati Bengals, his agent Drew Rosenhaus said Friday night, potentially ending his nine-year run as one of the cornerstones of the Tampa Bay defense.

The defensive tackle had been in negotiations with at least seven other NFL teams, Rosenhaus said, since not being immediately re-signed by the Buccaneers. The deal could be done by Saturday, he said.

"They've definitely become the front runner,'' Rosenhaus told The Associated Press. "It could be just a matter of hours.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...N0aA--?slug=ap-bengals-sapp&prov=ap&type=lgns

Well i'm not so sure about that, i've got Cinci as an up and coming team. Now if he could stop the bullshit it will be good if not......

I've been hearing about better days for the Bungles for quite some time now. They have improved from shitty to mediocre. :D

Yeah they did suck ass for a while but correct me if i'm wrong didn't they finish ahead of Pittsburgh last year? lol just fucking with ya. ANYBODY BUT THE GODDAMN RATBIRDS!

Originally posted by OCA
Yeah they did suck ass for a while but correct me if i'm wrong didn't they finish ahead of Pittsburgh last year? lol just fucking with ya. ANYBODY BUT THE GODDAMN RATBIRDS!

Yes, cause the Steelers just sucked more this particular year.

Agreed, I would have been pissed if they got Sapp. I guess Sapp doesn't want to play alongside that loser Ray "murderer" Lewis.

Shit I said the same thing about Ray Lewis a few times aroun here and just about came to blows with some people, he's a god here and was in their opinion railroaded by the press. When Unitas died all I did was say I heard that Johnny U took the dirt nap today and you would've thought I shit in their corn flakes.

About the Ratbirds I meant that I woould like to see anybody else win that division other than the Ratbirds.

I'm predicting a much better year for the Steelers. Half decent draft picks, and the addition of Deuce is going to make next season quite interesting.

Should they fall on their face, again, I'm all for the Bangles to take the division. I cant stand Buttimore, and friggin hate the Browns.

The addition of Sapp to Cincy is going to make this an interesting division next season.

Sapp needs to let the air out of his head. the way he acts, he thinks he is bigger then the Game itself. Until such time that he does. I could care less who he plays for. Evil I like the Vikes too but they have the same problem there that it appears cincy does..PRIMA_DONNA"S.... a team is just that a team. not one players team

I guess Sapp is smarter than I thought:

Sapp Signs 7-Year Contract With Raiders

TAMPA, Fla. - Seven-time Pro Bowl defensive tackle Warren Sapp signed a seven-year, $36.6 million contract with the Oakland Raiders (news) on Saturday, ending his nine-year relationship with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (news).

"The bad news is I won't be back with the Bucs," Sapp said by telephone from Miami. "The good news is I'm a Raider."

The surprise move came only a day after Sapp's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, said the one-time NFL defensive player of the year was close to signing a four-year deal with the Cincinnati Bengals (news).

Sapp will receive a $7 million signing bonus. He earned $6.6 million last year in the final season of a six-year, $36 million contract he signed in 1998.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...ap/20040320/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_raiders_sapp_2

Forum List

Back