Santorum's (R) last debate performance

He needed to hit this out of the park & well.....
Winners And Losers From Final GOP Debate - Yahoo! News
LOSERS

Rick Santorum: Whatever momentum Santorum had came to a screeching halt in tonight's debate. Romney lured Santorum time and again into defending his record in Washington. And, Santorum took the bait - responding to his attacks with process arguments and Washington gobbleygook speak.

Example: Romney attacks Santorum for his record on earmarks and Congress' voracious appetite for spending. Santorum's response: "What happened the - the 12 years I was in the United States Senate, we went from the debt to GDP ratio, which is now over 100 percent. When I came to the Senate it was 68 percent of GDP. When I left the Senate it was 64 percent of GDP."

Um, what?

I still like when Santorum said he "Took one for the team".

Mr. Rick Goes to the Doctor | The Smirking Chimp

Santorum's debate performance was poor in terms of persuading people that he could be trusted on matters of actual principles to conservative issues.

He gets minor positive points, however, for at least owning up to his record. Honesty should count for something.

The ONLY thing that is conservative about Rick Santorum is social issues. It's clear from his actual voting record he was a big spending earmarking--"team player" republican--as he admitted to last night. "Gotta win one for the team."--in his reference to signing off on planned parenthood--that of course he's voting against now---:lol::lol: Just another John Kerry--"I voted for it--before I voted against it."

Santorum got CLOBBERED last night.

Rick Santorum in January had to open up his big mouth and say--"States should have the RIGHT to BAN birth control contraceptives."

Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum, whose strong base of evangelical Christian supporters has thrust him into contention in Iowa, said on Monday that he believes states should have the right to outlaw birth control and sodomy without the interference of the Supreme Court.

In an interview with Jake Tapper on ABC News, Santorum reiterated his opposition to the Supreme Court’s 1965 ruling that prevented Connecticut from banning contraception.

"The state has a right to do that, I have never questioned that the state has a right to do that," he said. "It is not a constitutional right. The state has the right to pass whatever statutes they have. That's the thing I have said about the activism of the Supreme Court--they are creating rights, and it should be left up to the people to decide."
Rick Santorum: States Should Have Power To Ban Birth Control, Sodomy

No--the U.S. Supreme court decided in 1965 in Griswold v Connecticut that States do not have the right---aka your next door neighbor to intervene in your most personal--private decision on how many children YOU have. Only Rick Santorum thinks they do---:lol::lol:

The HYPOCRISY of Rick Santorum is--While he is out there railing against the government overreach of Obamacare/Romneycare--he is perfectly O.K. with the State intervening in the most personal-private matters between a husband and wife.

Rick Santorum--ALONE has changed the discussion from the economy, gas prices, the deficit, government spending to now BIRTH CONTROL CONTRACEPTIVES. He is a complete embarrassment to the Republican party--and those other GOP candidates that are trying to get a foothold on what really matters to Americans.

Should some how Santorum win the nomination--4 minutes after he gives his acceptance speech--Barack Obama will be guaranteed another 4 years. Santorum would lose in a landslide to Barack Obama. Women and Independents would be running into those voting booths to vote for Barack Obama, even conservative women.

cath-lives-9.gif

Last edited:

Forum List

Back