Santorum's ailing daughter taken to hospital

"Rick and his wife Karen have taken their daughter Bella to the hospital," Santorum Communications Director Hogan Gidley said in a statement. "The family requests prayers and privacy as Bella works her way to recovery."

The Santorums prefer to take Bella to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, but the severity of the January incident caused the family to rush to a hospital closer to their Virginia home.

First Read - Santorum's ailing daughter taken to hospital

I really hope she gets better. She really is a lucky little girl to have parents that can afford healthcare for their daughter and pick out which hospital she gets to go to.

Hopefully, all Americans will get that equal opportunity. We all agree on this, right?

couldn't resist standing on some sick kids back to make your hack political points could you?

She won't get better. It's amazing that she lived this long. Under governent health care she wouldn't have lived more than a few hours.

Oh stop it. I have a cousin with a similar disorder and a friend of my daughter has a child with this condition, and both have 'government health care'. Her friend's child had open-heart surgery as a baby, and has had other surgeries since. Many people with chronic conditions do have government insurance (Medicaid and Medicare), if they're on disability or have exceeded the limit on their private policies -- which can happen in very short order.

We don't yet have obamacare and Cass Sunstein's death panels.

Trisomy 18: More Kids Like Bella Santorum, Rick Santorum's Daughter, Surviving with Genetic Disorder - ABC News

Bella, age 3, suffers from Trisomy 18, a rare genetic disorder that is often considered fatal. Her survival has defied the odds. About 90 percent of children born with the disorder die in their first year of life. Santorum has discussed his daughter's condition many times on the campaign trail, describing her survival as "miraculous."

I don't know how many have survived to adulthood and led productive adult lives. Do you?

She won't get better. It's amazing that she lived this long. Under governent health care she wouldn't have lived more than a few hours.

Oh stop it. I have a cousin with a similar disorder and a friend of my daughter has a child with this condition, and both have 'government health care'. Her friend's child had open-heart surgery as a baby, and has had other surgeries since. Many people with chronic conditions do have government insurance (Medicaid and Medicare), if they're on disability or have exceeded the limit on their private policies -- which can happen in very short order.

Trisomy 18: More Kids Like Bella Santorum, Rick Santorum's Daughter, Surviving with Genetic Disorder - ABC News

Bella, age 3, suffers from Trisomy 18, a rare genetic disorder that is often considered fatal. Her survival has defied the odds. About 90 percent of children born with the disorder die in their first year of life. Santorum has discussed his daughter's condition many times on the campaign trail, describing her survival as "miraculous."

I don't know how many have survived to adulthood and led productive adult lives. Do you?

There aren't any fucking death panels, and there won't be under a national plan.

As soon as you said death panels I knew you had no idea what you were talking about.

Right now at my work we have two residents who would benefit from their doctor getting paid to provide end of life counseling.

"Rick and his wife Karen have taken their daughter Bella to the hospital," Santorum Communications Director Hogan Gidley said in a statement. "The family requests prayers and privacy as Bella works her way to recovery."

The Santorums prefer to take Bella to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, but the severity of the January incident caused the family to rush to a hospital closer to their Virginia home.

I really hope she gets better. She really is a lucky little girl to have parents that can afford healthcare for their daughter and pick out which hospital she gets to go to.

Hopefully, all Americans will get that equal opportunity. We all agree on this, right?

I don't agree on it. I work my butt off and pay for my HC. I don't want to pay for yours if you can and choose not to and that's the big shit you got there in the US right now.

It's a big shit.

As soon as you said death panels I knew you had no idea what you were talking about.

Right now at my work we have two residents who would benefit from their doctor getting paid to provide end of life counseling.

That has nothing to do with the IPAB.

No it doesnt, but I don't doubt he was talking about IPAB.. I also don't think you have any clue what IPAB really is. ;)

No it doesnt, but I don't doubt he was talking about IPAB.. I also don't think you have any clue what IPAB really is. ;)

I know it is what people who are talking about death panels mean. FYI, it is the panel that is recommending fewer Pap smears and breast cancer screenings.

I know it is what people who are talking about death panels mean. FYI, it is the panel that is recommending fewer Pap smears and breast cancer screenings.

It somewhat does, but they also throw the end of life counselling in there, mostly because they have no clue what they are talking about.

Just like you don't understand who recommended less Paps Smear.
The two sets of recommendations issued by the US Preventive Services Task Force, a government advisory group, and by the American Cancer Society in conjunction with two other medical societies are nearly identical: Pap smears should begin at 21 years of age, no earlier, and should not be performed more often than every three years in healthy women whose recent tests were previously normal. They also shouldn’t be given to women over age 65 or younger women who have had hysterectomies.
Medical groups recommend less frequent Pap smears - Daily Dose: A Boston Globe blog with health news, advice, and information.
This is the group that recommended it
The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) is "an independent panel of experts in primary care and prevention that systematically reviews the evidence of effectiveness and develops recommendations for clinical preventive services."[1] The task force, a panel of primary care physicians and epidemiologists, is funded, staffed, and appointed by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.[2] [3]
United States Preventive Services Task Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

not this group
The Independent Payment Advisory Board, or IPAB, is a fifteen-member United States Government agency created in 2010 by sections 3403 and 10320 of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act which has the explicit task of achieving specified savings in Medicare without affecting coverage or quality.[1
Independent Payment Advisory Board - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So like Katz, you have no clue what you are talking about.

That same group also made the recommendation of breast screening, not IPAB.

Maybe you should look into it a little QW, you are obviously clueless on the issue.

There aren't any fucking death panels, and there won't be under a national plan.
More 'first stage' thinking.

Medical services are limited in nature. WHEN the system becomes overwhelmed (as it always does when something is free), some form of triage must ensue which decides who is the least likely to survive and has lowest chance of success.

What happens to those who need help and have little to no chance of success or survival if it is provided?

A simplified example would be if you had 4 sick children and only able to get 3 pills to save their lives. Which three would get them? This is the flat out reality of the problem. It may have the catchy name "death panels" who will reside mostly over bum knees and minor surgery rejections, but there will be times they decide the fate of people with very curable problems based on their own criterion, and when bureaucrats, not doctors are involved, that criterion will NOT necessarily be medical in nature.

Denial of a simple result will not make a different result possible.

It somewhat does, but they also throw the end of life counselling in there, mostly because they have no clue what they are talking about.

Medical groups recommend less frequent Pap smears - Daily Dose: A Boston Globe blog with health news, advice, and information.
The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) is "an independent panel of experts in primary care and prevention that systematically reviews the evidence of effectiveness and develops recommendations for clinical preventive services."[1] The task force, a panel of primary care physicians and epidemiologists, is funded, staffed, and appointed by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.[2] [3]

not this group
The Independent Payment Advisory Board, or IPAB, is a fifteen-member United States Government agency created in 2010 by sections 3403 and 10320 of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act which has the explicit task of achieving specified savings in Medicare without affecting coverage or quality.[1

I don't know what I am talking about? The IPAB is tasked with following the advice of experts, like the ones that are recommending less frequent PAP smears and breast exams. Women have fought for decades to get these things paid for by insurance every year, they are going to fight to keep them. The IPAB will be labelled a death panel by those same women who scoffed at Republicans doing so.

But I don't know what I am talking about.

I think Santorum is happy that Obama can give "Obamacare" for his daughter.

not this group

I don't know what I am talking about? The IPAB is tasked with following the advice of experts, like the ones that are recommending less frequent PAP smears and breast exams. Women have fought for decades to get these things paid for by insurance every year, they are going to fight to keep them. The IPAB will be labelled a death panel by those same women who scoffed at Republicans doing so.

But I don't know what I am talking about.
No, you said they recommended it. They didn't not. And clearly do not know what you are talking about.

Forum List

Back