Santorum: "We're not here to serve the earth"

I truly don't understand the feelings that some have that they must "serve" the earth.

It's such a screwed up stance.
Tinie its not a question of "SERVING" the earth but conservation of the earth.....you would know better than I,the DUST BOWLS of the 30's and 40's how improper use of the land,degregated it and wiping billions of tonnes of quality top soil into the atmosphere causing soil that was left totally useless(Kansas and other places I think).

When you realise that in Brazil the clearing of rain forest,has completely degregated the land but also the eco-system causing the extinction of Flora and Fauna.Millions of years of nature was eliminated within a couple of years with the Slash and Burn system they used.

This sort of Degregation is happening everywhere.........the earth and all the bounty it affords US ALL is not a limitless trough to feed from........oil,coal,minerals etc., all have a finite limit.

I think this is the ultimate point in this whole thread.......and my dismay that someone (Santorino)hoping to become the President is so ignorant with his views,deliberately for popularity in my opinion......should be critisized for such utterances(and many others for that matter on differing subjects) Is he really the person that Conservatives should trust.I know you are running out of candidates which MUST be a worry.......but if you asked me,I would tell you honestly none so far are fit for this very important office and I personally would not trust any of them as far as I could SPIT THEM.

Conservatives who have complained continuosly throughout his tenure,now wish to foist anyone into this high office......sorry Tinie but you need a real person who will serve YOU THE PEOPLE OF AMERICA.........and none of the current crop will.

May I ask you a question please........"DO YOU honestly feel any of the candidate are up to the JOB" steven:cool: There is a balance and I think both sides in this discussion want a continum of life as we know it and the only analogy I can use is..........if you don't look after your own body properly......the same is relevant to the EARTH itself..There is work to do....have a gooday

Last edited:
I truly don't understand the feelings that some have that they must "serve" the earth.

Tinie its not a question of "SERVING" the earth but conservation of the earth.....you would know better than I,the DUST BOWLS of the 30's and 40's how improper use of the land,degregated it and wiping billions of tonnes of quality top soil into the atmosphere causing soil that was left totally useless(Kansas and other places I think).

When you realise that in Brazil the clearing of rain forest,has completely degregated the land but also the eco-system causing the extinction of Flora and Fauna.Millions of years of nature was eliminated within a couple of years with the Slash and Burn system they used.

This sort of Degregation is happening everywhere.........the earth and all the bounty it affords US ALL is not a limitless trough to feed from........oil,coal,minerals etc., all have a finite limit.

I think this is the ultimate point in this whole thread.......and my dismay that someone (Santorino)hoping to become the President is so ignorant with his views,deliberately for popularity in my opinion......should be critisized for such utterances(and many others for that matter on differing subjects) Is he really the person that Conservatives should trust.I know you are running out of candidates which MUST be a worry.......but if you asked me,I would tell you honestly none so far are fit for this very important office and I personally would not trust any of them as far as I could SPIT THEM.

Conservatives who have complained continuosly throughout his tenure,now wish to foist anyone into this high office......sorry Tinie but you need a real person who will serve YOU THE PEOPLE OF AMERICA.........and none of the current crop will.

May I ask you a question please........"DO YOU honestly feel any of the candidate are up to the JOB" steven:cool: There is a balance and I think both sides in this discussion want a continum of life as we know it and the only analogy I can use is..........if you don't look after your own body properly......the same is relevant to the EARTH itself..There is work to do....have a gooday

Just so you know I am a conservative and a very serious conservationist. My specialty is water conservation. I've done this since the massive poisoning of First Nations at Grassy Narrows and have been dedicated to water conservation efforts since the 70's.

From fighting intensive hog barns to attempt to reverse boil water advisories on reserves to Ducks Unlimited preserving wetlands. I believe we are to be Earth Keepers. I truly take conservation very seriously.

I'm heading off to bed but I'd be more than happy to discuss conservation issues with you.

Brazil in particular disturbs me considering their deforestation is massive and based on the production of ethanol for clean energy.

Something is horribly wrong on this planet when governments mandate that we use "clean energy" and the Amazon Rain forest gets razed to the ground to provide "clean energy".

Anyways, have a nice evening.

Just so you know I am a conservative and a very serious conservationist. My specialty is water conservation. I've done this since the massive poisoning of First Nations at Grassy Narrows and have been dedicated to water conservation efforts since the 70's.

From fighting intensive hog barns to attempt to reverse boil water advisories on reserves to Ducks Unlimited preserving wetlands. I believe we are to be Earth Keepers. I truly take conservation very seriously.

I'm heading off to bed but I'd be more than happy to discuss conservation issues with you.

Brazil in particular disturbs me considering their deforestation is massive and based on the production of ethanol for clean energy.

Something is horribly wrong on this planet when governments mandate that we use "clean energy" and the Amazon Rain forest gets razed to the ground to provide "clean energy".

Anyways, have a nice evening.
Tinie I am sooooo pleased,I am with you all the way,there is much to discuss I know,I am very happy with all the work and projects you have been and are associated with......it is much credit to you (angel indeed) and I know it takes a special person which you are.

This weekend its Clean Up Australia Day local families clean up garbage and filth bottles and the like...in the local locale....we live opposite Mullaloo Beach and all the family are round on Saturday to do their bit........followed by a BBQ for family,friends and neibours........and no doubt a few beers,wines and soft drinks for the younger kinder....It will be a Fun Day. My Best Regards to your family and yourself. steven aka theliq:cool: and a lot more that I won't mention:lol::lol::lol:KEEP UP THE EXCELLENT WORK AND MOTIVATION.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back