Santorum Wants to Enslave People Who Have Unconventional Sex

You understand this link does not support your position, right?
If you don't undesstand that then you are literally too stupid to debate this issue as you cannot read something and derive appropriate information from it.

" "It all comes from, I would argue, the right to privacy that doesn't exist, in my opinion, in the United States Constitution," Santorum said.

At another point in the interview, Santorum observed, "In every society, the definition of marriage has not ever to my knowledge included homosexuality. That's not to pick on homosexuality. It's not, you know, man on child, man on dog, or whatever the case might be."

Echoing a variety of conservative thinkers and legal scholars, Santorum said that the Supreme Court should not interfere with state regulation of such behavior, the issue in the Texas sodomy law case that prompted his initial remarks. "

You lost. Get over it already.

You understand that he is probably right, that there is no right to privacy and was not until Griswold. You also understand that those quotations do not support this statement:
Rick Santorum wants to invade your bedroom in the middle of sex and arrest you for doing sexual acts he doesn't like.

He believes in upholding the current sodomy laws that imprison people for up to 1 to 15 years for acts such as falatio, anal, and other acts that aren't missionary position. This law extends to straight people and even married couples.

If you're gay, you especially better watch out because simply identifying as "gay" will immediately make you suspect to being indicted for sodomy. This means only gay virgins are safe, but if you're a sexually active gay, you will be enslaved.
If you don't understand those facts then you need to admit it and shut the fuck up before your ignorance goes even further.

Why would Santorum say he disagreed with states making sodomy legal if he did not support sodomy being illegal?

The claim is that Santorum supports the right of states to criminalize 'sodomy'. Based on what Santorum said in the 2003,

that is a fact.

I haven't seen anyone quote what the OP said in his explanation of his post with the definition of enslave and tell him why he's wrong. Just insults and generalizations. He explained himself perfectly.

That's the SOP of someone who can't debate the facts of the issue itself.

I offered a stipulation that the thread title was imprecise in order to move beyond it to the substance of what Santorum said.

Not much in the way of takers.

Yeah people I think are assuming by enslave he means the way blacks were enslaved before the civil war without thinking there's other ways of being enslaved and other versions of it.

The OP makes a claim, specifically about 'enslaving' people. He has not backed that claim up.

He's an overly emotional liar.

The claim is that Santorum supports the right of states to criminalize 'sodomy'. Based on what Santorum said in the 2003,

that is a fact.

I haven't seen anyone quote what the OP said in his explanation of his post with the definition of enslave and tell him why he's wrong. Just insults and generalizations. He explained himself perfectly.
This is why he's wrong.

that is a fact.

This is why he's wrong.

Good point, I forgot that amendment that said it was ok for govermnent to regulate what type of sex citizens had.

All these posts and silly me forgot that big bold passage in the Constitution that regulates where a dude puts hits ding-a-ling.

The OP may be a liar but has proven Santorum an ignorant extremist.

If you have to lie to make your point, your point isn't worth making.

We're past the OP's unfortunate choice of words.

The issue is whether or not Santorum supports the right of states to criminalize certain consensual sex, aka 'sodomy', in private.

He does. Or at least he did in 2003.

that is a fact.

This is why he's wrong.

The 13th Amendment proves my fvckin point, use your goddamn brain!

The 13th Amendment says that the punishment for a crime is enslavement and it uses those exact words.

Given that Santorum wants to make sodomy a crime, it follows that he supports enslavement of those who break the law.

Rick Santorum wants to invade your bedroom in the middle of sex and arrest you for doing sexual acts he doesn't like.

He believes in upholding the current sodomy laws that imprison people for up to 1 to 15 years for acts such as falatio, anal, and other acts that aren't missionary position. This law extends to straight people and even married couples.

If you're gay, you especially better watch out because simply identifying as "gay" will immediately make you suspect to being indicted for sodomy. This means only gay virgins are safe, but if you're a sexually active gay, you will be enslaved.

He is no threat to beating Obama, so why all the heat thrown his way? If you wanna go bang another guy in the ass, go right ahead, it's your choice, just dont be looking at my ass.

He is no threat to beating Obama, so why all the heat thrown his way? If you wanna go bang another guy in the ass, go right ahead, it's your choice, just dont be looking at my ass.

That doesn't cover it, you also have to arrest any straight man or woman who's ever done it in the 2 hole.

So what that means we should arrest like 70-90% of the adult population?

Given that Santorum wants to make sodomy a crime, it follows that he supports enslavement of those who break the law.
He can 'want to make sodomy a crime' all day every day.
My point is/was that he doesn't have the power and/or authority to make it so.
It would never pass, so relax.
:cool:

As a sidebar: Unless the UCMJ has been amended since my enlistment it's already a crime in the military.

As a sidebar: Unless the UCMJ has been amended since my enlistment it's already a crime in the military.

The problem isn't that he can't do it; the problem is that he wants to do it. I don't want somebody as bigoted as him in any office.

This is an incredibly disturbing quote to me, specifically because he believes in no right to privacy. What studies or evidence does this man have to prove that sexual acts are harmful? He has a bible. That's not evidence, that's bullshit propagated as morals, and this fascistic sounding presidential candidate reminds me of a mindset similar to 1984. All of these sodomy laws are unenforcable, so they should be repealed rather than repealing the fourth amendment of a right to be secure in your own home or persons simply because you did something that causes arousal.

The problem isn't that he can't do it; the problem is that he wants to do it. I don't want somebody as bigoted as him in any office.

Understood

The OP may be a liar but has proven Santorum an ignorant extremist.

Y'know, when people continuously fail to jump at your command, a reasonable person might conclude he isn't in command.

But you just press on.
The issue is whether or not Santorum supports the right of states to criminalize certain consensual sex, aka 'sodomy', in private.

People can change. We hear that all the time when Robert Byrd is being discussed.

This is why he's wrong.

The 13th Amendment says that the punishment for a crime is enslavement and it uses those exact words.

Mindlessly screeching about it proves nothing. There is no slavery by the government in America. Deal with it.

Y'know, when people continuously fail to jump at your command, a reasonable person might conclude he isn't in command.

But you just press on.

People can change. We hear that all the time when Robert Byrd is being discussed.

Santorum hasn't changed. He has never recanted any of the statements that he made.

Mindlessly screeching about it proves nothing. There is no slavery by the government in America. Deal with it.

Liberals have hissy fits... in their world, it's an acceptable alternative to rational thought.

But you just press on.

Santorum hasn't changed. He has never recanted any of the statements that he made.
Can you find any statements backing that up?

Liberals have hissy fits... in their world, it's an acceptable alternative to rational thought.
Oftentimes, it's their only alternative.

Forum List

Back