Santorum used to be pro life

There are basically two pieces of paper relating to Santorum's past views on abortion.

In one, he plainly states he was pro-choice before he ran for Congress. So it is safe to assume that Santorum has been pro-life as long as he held federal level positions of power.

In the other, which is identified as an "Issue statement" on abortion, Santorum is unmistakably pro-life. The statement outlines a very pragmatic outlook.

He has obviously become more polarized and intolerant on the issue since that statement was issued.

So big deal,people change,I once thought I was pro choice,until presented with the choice,funny how real life can change you. There was no way we could kill our child,for our convenience ,it was an instant revaluation,our child a child,nothing but a child.

I was pro-life before, but since my wife has gotten pregnant, it's been reinforced so strongly. I truly can't comprehend killing your children for convenience sake.

There are basically two pieces of paper relating to Santorum's past views on abortion.

In one, he plainly states he was pro-choice before he ran for Congress. So it is safe to assume that Santorum has been pro-life as long as he held federal level positions of power.

In the other, which is identified as an "Issue statement" on abortion, Santorum is unmistakably pro-life. The statement outlines a very pragmatic outlook.

He has obviously become more polarized and intolerant on the issue since that statement was issued.

is there any evidence that he no longer holds those positions? Seems to me those are the same positions he has today.

is there any evidence that he no longer holds those positions? Seems to me those are the same positions he has today.

In the position paper he states that abortion exceptions for rape, incest, and the health of the mother cannot be prohibited. While that does not mean he favors exceptions, his language is more hardened today in that he calls for them to be prohibited. He no longer believes they cannot be.

So big deal,people change,I once thought I was pro choice,until presented with the choice,funny how real life can change you. There was no way we could kill our child,for our convenience ,it was an instant revaluation,our child a child,nothing but a child.

I was pro-life before, but since my wife has gotten pregnant, it's been reinforced so strongly. I truly can't comprehend killing your children for convenience sake.

You're having a babby?

CONGRATS!!!!! All the best!!

You almost gotta laugh. Barry Obama once used his limited legal expertise when he was a state senator to keep a particular kind of cruel manslaughter "legal" where premature babies would be left to die on a cold table without a blanket or a bit of comfort. You wouldn't allow that to be done to an animal much less a human baby. Now you lefties nit-pick 20 year old Santorum statements that may or may not prove that he was a moderate pro-lifer rather than a complete pro-lifer? The world is upside down to liberals.

You're having a babby?

CONGRATS!!!!! All the best!!

Yeah and soon unfortunately:-/

And even better.. TM starts a thread carping that Santorum has changed his mind.. and then has this for her sig line:

"The essence of the Liberal outlook lies not in what opinions are held, but in how they are held: instead of being held dogmatically, they are held tentatively, and with a consciousness that new evidence may at any moment lead to their abandonment." -Bertrand Russell

OMG... priceless. :lol:

And even better.. TM starts a thread carping that Santorum has changed his mind.. and then has this for her sig line:

"The essence of the Liberal outlook lies not in what opinions are held, but in how they are held: instead of being held dogmatically, they are held tentatively, and with a consciousness that new evidence may at any moment lead to their abandonment." -Bertrand Russell

OMG... priceless. :lol:

rg8syp89r9.jpg

Forum List

Back